Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2011, 15:28   #136
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 922
Thanked: 378 Times
Default Re: Wash cars under water pressure ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
I have also seen it while passing through the bypass road. since you have been using it for 3 years you can give us a feed back regarding the quality and reliability of the product. is the pressure of the product sufficient for washing the dirt from the car. what i meant is the % of cleaning.
thanks
The pressure is sufficient to clean the car. We can vary the pressure by 'pointing' or 'flattening' the output water flow. I think the max pressure is around 90 bar. Very effective in cleaning the under body and wheel well. Till now I have not faced any issue, except for a rubber washer that broke off from the hose connector (the dealer replaced it free of cost anyway).
On an average, I use it once in two weeks.
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 16:21   #137
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 87
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Wash cars under water pressure ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
Thank you for sending me the dealer info. the cost you mentioned is little high that the other team bhpians quoted. its 7k only for aquatek100. i think these dealers are charging more. I also found the wood pecker dealer in trivandrum, that dealer is also in the same location, i gave him a call for enquiry he gave me a price of 7K for the car washer.
this is the link demo link for woodpecker in you tube.
woodpeckervideos's Channel - YouTube
Aquatak 100 plus has additional accessories compared to Aquatak 100. I think there is also Aquatak 10. Price differs for these three models based on supplied accessories and all of these are rated at 100 bar output pressure.
Prass is offline  
Old 28th September 2011, 17:07   #138
BHPian
 
bullboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 577
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Wash cars under water pressure ?

Harry , which model of woodpecker ? Their car washer seems to be 70bar model (max 90).
bullboy is offline  
Old 28th September 2011, 17:12   #139
BHPian
 
harryms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 127
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Wash cars under water pressure ?

The dealer told me its 110. need to go to shop and check that. As you said all car wash model of woodpecker is only 70 bar. in website they have the 110 model. the details are as below. the price he quoted was 6500.
Model: APW120EP
Pressure: 110 bar (1600psi)
Max Pressure: 140 bar
Flow: 6.6L/min (1.3 GPM)
Motor: 1900W
Power Supply Voltage: 230V~50Hz - 60Hz
Weight: 18 Kg
Dimensions: 82 x 31 x 40 cm
harryms is offline  
Old 28th September 2011, 17:24   #140
BHPian
 
harryms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 127
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Wash cars under water pressure ?

How much pressure do we need to wash the car without hurting the paint or polish. if we use more pressure for washing the car the paint can get damaged. Anyone had any damage to the paint surface in using these power washers?
harryms is offline  
Old 28th September 2011, 17:39   #141
BHPian
 
bullboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 577
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Wash cars under water pressure ?

Power washeres with pointed jets will damage the paint.
The model APW120EP from woodpecker is not listed under car washer. So i'm not sure whether it will carry the proper accessories might need to check out.
bullboy is offline  
Old 29th September 2011, 09:18   #142
999
BHPian
 
999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 227
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: Wash cars under water pressure ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prass View Post
Got Aquatak 100 plus from Sara Engg Agencies for 8500, the other dealer quoted 9500. Attaching pic of Dealer Locator from Bosch India.
I just tried calling the number of sara. (5588164). The number is apparently not valid so I added a 2 to it and it rank. A nice sounding lady picked it up and had me pretty surprised. They asked whether I wanted to become a airhostess . It was Frankfinn academy . I was looking for a pressure washer too.How is your pressure washer doing? Did you also get fome filters for your pressure washer? I was told it is highely succeptible to impurities in water like sand or other particles.

Last edited by 999 : 29th September 2011 at 09:19.
999 is offline  
Old 29th September 2011, 11:41   #143
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 87
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Re: Wash cars under water pressure ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
I just tried calling the number of sara. (5588164). The number is apparently not valid so I added a 2 to it and it rank. A nice sounding lady picked it up and had me pretty surprised. They asked whether I wanted to become a airhostess . It was Frankfinn academy . I was looking for a pressure washer too.How is your pressure washer doing? Did you also get fome filters for your pressure washer? I was told it is highely succeptible to impurities in water like sand or other particles.
lol. Even I tried a google search to find the correct number. So far so good and is worth the money spent and it takes less time to wash a car or may be 2 cars. Have used for 3 hours in a stretch with very short breaks in between; works good. I suppose there is a strainer inside the connector where you plug the water inlet hose. So less chance to get impurities inside. For a comparison of accessories across models, see the link Hicare
Prass is offline  
Old 29th September 2011, 12:16   #144
BHPian
 
bullboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 577
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Wash cars under water pressure ?

Can we all group up and negotiate for a better deal ?
bullboy is offline  
Old 29th September 2011, 12:41   #145
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NA
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Wash cars under water pressure ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
Thank you for sending me the dealer info. the cost you mentioned is little high that the other team bhpians quoted. its 7k only for aquatek100. i think these dealers are charging more. I also found the wood pecker dealer in trivandrum, that dealer is also in the same location, i gave him a call for enquiry he gave me a price of 7K for the car washer.
this is the link demo link for woodpecker in you tube.
woodpeckervideos's Channel - YouTube
The one in the video is a cheap generic made in China job. Similar washers can be picked up for 30 in the UK and are not built to last.

If you are going to invest in a pressure washer then go for a known brand with an induction motor.
bigman is offline  
Old 29th September 2011, 14:12   #146
BHPian
 
harryms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 127
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Wash cars under water pressure ?

this is the contact info sara eng:
Mr Satheesh Kumar
+(91)-(471)-2479784
+(91)-9497592484
harryms is offline  
Old 29th September 2011, 14:20   #147
BHPian
 
harryms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 127
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Wash cars under water pressure ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Can we all group up and negotiate for a better deal ?
I agree with you. so lets get together and we will negotiate for a better price. PM me about the details.
harryms is offline  
Old 29th September 2011, 14:47   #148
BHPian
 
harryms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 127
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Wash cars under water pressure ?

I am consolidating the information i have collected.

Dealer Model Price Contact number
Gigi Aqatek 100+ 8000 2574694
sara eng: Aqatek 100+ 9200 2479784, 9497592484
SPL Engineers Woodpecker 110 7000 9249413208
JK Agencies Woodpecker 110 6500 2476912
shop in bypass Master clean 6500 --------------
letsbuy.com RKM Pres:wash150psi 4749 online shop



Thanks
Attached Images
 
harryms is offline  
Old 29th September 2011, 14:47   #149
999
BHPian
 
999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 227
Thanked: 84 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prass View Post
lol. Even I tried a google search to find the correct number. So far so good and is worth the money spent and it takes less time to wash a car or may be 2 cars. Have used for 3 hours in a stretch with very short breaks in between; works good. I suppose there is a strainer inside the connector where you plug the water inlet hose. So less chance to get impurities inside. For a comparison of accessories across models, see the link Hicare
Thanks for the efforts prass. I eventually found his number from one of the yello page links. He is offering a best price of 8500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Can we all group up and negotiate for a better deal ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
I agree with you. so lets get together and we will negotiate for a better price. PM me about the details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
I am consolidating the information i have collected.

Dealer Model Price Contact number
Gigi Aqatek 100+ 8000 2574694
sara eng: Aqatek 100+ 9200 2479784, 9497592484
SPL Engineers Woodpecker 110 7000 9249413208
JK Agencies Woodpecker 110 6500 2476912
shop in bypass Master clean 6500 --------------
letsbuy.com RKM Pres:wash150psi 4749 online shop
Thanks
Sending you guys a PM. I am in. I need it badly.


Mods back to back post. Could you please merge it for me?

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th September 2011 at 17:13. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 30 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post.
999 is offline  
Old 29th September 2011, 15:27   #150
BHPian
 
bullboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 577
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Wash cars under water pressure ?

Quote:
letsbuy.com RKM Pres:wash150psi 4749 online shop
I dont think so its a proper car washer. and seems to be too small.
@harry, thumbs up for your effort
also what is the model number of woodpecker ? APW120EP ?this is 18 kgs .

Last edited by bullboy : 29th September 2011 at 15:32.
bullboy is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review: Express Bike Wash, India's 1st automated bike wash ciddharth Motorbikes 6 13th June 2017 14:57
Pressure Wash & Detailing: S4 Car Care (Gurgaon) devilwearsprada Delhi NCR 9 11th October 2016 13:41
Basic Car wash & Polishing - Vent Car wash (Tharamani, Chennai) scopriobharath Chennai 9 10th February 2015 16:59
Car Wash - Blr (indiranagar) - Shri MHP wash center quadra Bangalore 14 23rd May 2013 01:55
Car Wash and Interior Detailing - Srd Magic Jet Car Wash (Sainikpuri, Secunderabad) windsurfer Other Cities 5 20th September 2011 15:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks