Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 19th June 2008, 21:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

110 bar model recommended by BOSCH for cleaning cars and 150 for SUV's and caravan's.

Please note that this is the max pressure the motor will provide, with the nozzle it will come down to be apprx 90bar + you always have the control on the nozzle for lower pressures.

IMO, its a Bosch product sold worldwide(and still selling), so they would have done their homework on the damage part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Isn't this pure overkill?
Why would you use such extraordinarily high pressures for washing your car? Or for 'damaging' your car!
Old 19th June 2008, 21:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Dadu, thanks for the clarification.
The kind of pressures available from the machine would require a fairly well 'trained' person to handle it without causing damage unwittingly.
To maintain the correct distance from the car (particularly tyres) and to ensure correct setting of pressure are not things that untrained people will manage easily.

By and large, a carwash in our country happens to be rather cheap and affordable. Best option, IMO!
Old 19th June 2008, 21:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I downloaded a product brochure, meant for Europe and then dug out their European website too, from the hidden www jungle.
Great info here, Dadu.Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabuddhadg View Post
... Drying will be a problem. Hope we don't end up with a rust problem.
Prabu, if so, wouldn't this be the case with corner service center or the service wash done at your authorized A.S.S?

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I have a friend here , who is dealing in this. It costs Rs.8500 and it cleans the mud in the body in a minute . Very Effective . Cant bring your finger near to the water as the force is very high. He is using it too for around 2 years and it never damaged any part of the body.
Is this the Bosch one or any other make?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I am interested in getting one. Tadu, thanks for the video.

The device does a decent job, but I doubt whether it will affect the paint finish in the long run.
PatienceWins - you meant 'Dadu', didn't you! Two down, is it? (Got you there, buddy! :-) )

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
I bought one a year ago and so far it is going good, not given any trouble. Only issue is you need a big porch to properly aim at the vehicle. Need to be at least 3 metres away to get a proper shoot...
Now, we have a user's (for a year) perspective here; thanks JP!

Quote:
...IMO, its a Bosch product sold worldwide(and still selling), so they would have done their homework on the damage part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
...By and large, a carwash in our country happens to be rather cheap and affordable. Best option, IMO!
I for one, wash my car whenever I can, infact most of the time now. One reason is that most of the service centers always have a long queue and... I always end up getting the car dirty when driving back from a wash!!! (Seriously; its either a wet mud or slight, very slight, rain just to get the dust show up and if nothing else, a sh*ting pigeon!)
Old 20th June 2008, 06:20   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this the Bosch one or any other make?
Its not Bosch . Another make .
Old 20th June 2008, 09:56   #35
BHPian

Quote:
For the Aquatak 10, pressure is at max 100 bar goes upto 150 bar for the 1500x but can be controlled by the nozzle in 3 steps.

For the water usage, I will post tommorrow, as the brochure is saved in the other laptop.

Its the same as you get it done outside and at the A.S.S. during routine service.
The only issue I see is that service centres also have air blowers to dry the water while that may not be domestically available.
Old 20th June 2008, 10:33   #37
BHPian

Hair dryer? That is a solution, but hardly the pressure their air blowers generate.

Of course one definite advantage is that other than water, no other material scrapes the surface of the car, so no micro scratches from dusters or cloth.

I guess if you are using it for some time now, you know better.
Old 25th July 2008, 22:28   #38
Senior - BHPian

Nice guide to using a pressure washer :

Meguiar's UK :: View topic - Ulltimate Karcher Jetwash FAQ
Old 25th July 2008, 23:03   #39
Senior - BHPian

Just bought the Aquatak 100 Plus today...

The cleaning starts from tomorrow!!
Old 26th July 2008, 09:55   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post

Whats $$$$ damage to pocket
Old 26th July 2008, 10:35   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post

I am one of those that have been looking for this a long time, after I saw a Karcher model in Europe in my sister's house. They use it also to clean the patio and driveway, very rarely the cars. Would the Aquatak be useful for cleaning concrete?
Old 26th July 2008, 10:36   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
I have the BOSCH aquatak100, which gives out the above mentioned pressure. It cost me approx 6500/- in Metro last year, prices went up slightly after that.

It is indeed very useful for washing cars as not oly does it give out water under high pressure but what I've noticed is that lesser water is used for washing the car as compared to a normal hose pipe.
Like Androdev said, I used it a lot initially but now since the current driver does a good job washing the cars, the aquatak is used rarely.
Luke, this thing looks ideal for those days when the car wash guy doesnt show up...well I would like to have it as a backup. I had a few questions regarding the BOSCH aquatak 100...

1)Is it portable & handy or is it quite heavy to move around? Like I stay in the 1st floor so will I be able to carry it around?

2)Does it need to connected to a power point or is it self powered by say battery,etc.

3)Does it needs to be connected to a water source like a tap using a hose pipe or do you fill it up with water & then use it?

4)If it has it's own water reservoir then is 1 fill good enough to wash 1 car or do you need to fill it up several times to wash 1 single car.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 26th July 2008, 10:51   #43
Awaiting Email Confirmation

You don't need pressurized water to clean cars. Only in extreme off-roading type case, perhaps.

For proper cleaning and detailing methods, use a community like Autopia.
Old 26th July 2008, 11:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
1)Is it portable & handy or is it quite heavy to move around? Like I stay in the 1st floor so will I be able to carry it around?
6kg , its a DIY washer

2)Does it need to connected to a power point or is it self powered by say battery,etc.

It needs power source

3)Does it needs to be connected to a water source like a tap using a hose pipe or do you fill it up with water & then use it?

Yes, it needs free flowing water using a hose, no internal storage tank.
That's a matter of personal opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
You don't need pressurized water to clean cars. Only in extreme off-roading type case, perhaps.

Last edited by dadu : 26th July 2008 at 12:10.
Old 26th July 2008, 13:40   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post

Thats true, using the full force of a pressure washer on a car is not a good thing to do. People use them with variable lances to reduce the pressure to a resonable level which is no more than I can get from a normal hose pipe in the UK (with mains pressure). Where a pressure washer is useful is when you want to snow foam your car.
Closed Thread