Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 19th October 2007, 12:39   #136
BHPian

16 bhp :O :O ... Will it move if there are three people in it?
thefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 12:45   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
Indeed it will move very successfully, but that's not what the issue is. Question is: what will be its acceleration with 3 people in it?
Enough.....to become a complete pain in the backside for other motorists.
And these will be invading the roads in large numbers!
anupmathur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 13:22   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry guys my mistake. It is 25 bhp. Confirmed not 16 bhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Indeed it will move very successfully, but that's not what the issue is. Question is: what will be its acceleration with 3 people in it?
Enough.....to become a complete pain in the backside for other motorists.
And these will be invading the roads in large numbers!
Same issues with 25 bhp. But what about on wheels? It will take hell lot of time to pull 3 people and what if a family of 4 will be there in the car? Duh!! just for their profit they gonna ruin Indian Roads. If a person have a budget of like 1-1.5 lakh. Indians Being less Aware of the cars, will simply buy this thing, instead of a 2nd hand alto or a maruti 800. Indian Market says, they are more attracted towards glitters. A NEW CAR with 25 hp and 600 CC? God knows what will happen if this thing will be on a Highway.
Hyundai.Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 14:44   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
God knows what will happen if this thing will be on a Highway.
You can hit TOP SPEED and still be within the Speed Limits.

-- Torqy
Torqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 14:51   #140
BHPian

So is it the proposed solution to the woes that people have with obsession with top speeds?

This car too should flaunt it -

top speed 81 kmph
0-60 in a mindnumbing 4.0 minutes
0-100 figures not available
thefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 14:53   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
You can hit TOP SPEED and still be within the Speed Limits.

-- Torqy
haha but the problem is... after XX minutes it can hit its top speed? with 4 people in it? How much time it will take to reach 60-70 kmph. (if it can reach dunno about it).
Old 19th October 2007, 14:54   #142
BHPian

Quote:
So is it the proposed solution to the woes that people have with obsession with top speeds?

This car too should flaunt it -

top speed 81 kmph
0-60 in a mindnumbing 4.0 minutes
0-100 figures not available
where you got these figures? haha
Old 19th October 2007, 15:17   #143
Senior - BHPian

There! We've gone and murdered it even before its birth!
anupmathur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 15:31   #144
BHPian

This is an auto-enthusiasts forum, I think more people than less here are obsessed with cars, power and speed. But that's doesn't make them irresponsible drivers. Being obsessed with speed is not necessarily a bad thing, as opposed to driving irresponsibly and endangering others and yourself. They are 2 separate things.

I'm a speed freak, it gives me a thrill, but I rarely drive fast, not in the current traffic scenarios. I am more often than not at 40-60 I'm sure like everyone else. But a powerful car, or even just a car, nice empty roads and its pedal to the metal.

I was brought up in Kenya - not a very populated country with plenty of empty roads. We used to have what we call 'sections', these were dirt tracks where all the spins, skids, hand brake turns and fast slides were perfected. I was a barely 16 and had a hang of our Toyota, I remember dad had got a brand new company Peugeot 504 and off I was with it to the section. Now this is a heavier car, front wheel drive and difficult to control which I of course didn't know, so bad understeer round a corner and straight into a lamppost! The barely week old car was wrecked and had to be written off, luckily I escaped unscathed. Dad was surprisingly cool when he found me hiding in the loo. Quite funny when I think back.

Last edited by raul : 19th October 2007 at 15:35.
raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2007, 15:54   #145
BHPian

So when are we resting the subject at whatever note?
Drive enthusiastically - alert, sober and safe. Be careful - for yourself and for others. Max speeds may not always be enforced and a lot will depend on the machine and also on the man behind the machine. dont have to push too much and fun we all look for but have to have fun responsibly. Driving is a sport too and I dont have to be Tendulkar to play cricket( I wont break your window pane in gully cricket- as long as its playground nor Schumacher to drive a car, albeit safely on public roads! There is no track near where I live nor do I own a racing car!!
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2007, 18:31   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
So when are we resting the subject at whatever note?
Drive enthusiastically - alert, sober and safe. Be careful - for yourself and for others. Max speeds may not always be enforced and a lot will depend on the machine and also on the man behind the machine. dont have to push too much and fun we all look for but have to have fun responsibly. Driving is a sport too and I dont have to be Tendulkar to play cricket( I wont break your window pane in gully cricket- as long as its playground nor Schumacher to drive a car, albeit safely on public roads! There is no track near where I live nor do I own a racing car!!

Well, Schumacher and Tendulkar are not only left in this world as a F1 racer and Cricketer. We can't be tendulkar, I agree. But we know how to hit sixes and fours at good speed. Same with Schumacher, He don't drive on Public Roads with his F1, Cars in India are not F1

In cricket experienced and skilled players are always ahead and same with F1 and that's what i said "Driving at high speed need skills and experience".
Old 25th October 2007, 11:55   #147
BHPian

Hi there. I came through an interesting article in Hindustant Times today( Mumbai edition). It mentions proposal to revise the speed limits of all highways and expressways. For expressways - speed limits are likely to be increased from 80 to 100 kmph and for 4 lane highways - from 60 to 80 kmph ( for cars)!!
its better than nothing but when do we get freeways.. roads with no speed limits!!
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 15:08   #148
BHPian

I don't know you guys will laugh at me or not I never rise beyond 80.It is not becoz I am not capable.
That is the kind of maturity I think we should show.
After all we can always expect the unexpected.
How big ur car or how good u can manveour takes a back seat.
Then why shd i spend money and buy powerful cars ?
I think you shd pay for the comfort the car gives then power.
The limit of speed is very perosonal thing but don't judge it wrongly.I think over 150 should be NO.

But drivers makes other safe.If your capable to press any thing with your legs you can drive fast.But are you good enuf is the question and most of us does not want to admit that we are poor drivers or that speed is not safe.

It is just a ego.I have seen strangers racing in highways racing.But by the end of the trip be it city or high way i can see them with me.I may be going in 60-100...but things so called great drivers goes 0-60-140-180-0-20 -30
So it is all about optimizing speed in ur driving condition ...
drive safe
manziee_crusier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2007, 15:47   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manziee_crusier View Post
I don't know you guys will laugh at me or not I never rise beyond 80.It is not becoz I am not capable.
That is the kind of maturity I think we should show.
After all we can always expect the unexpected.
How big ur car or how good u can manveour takes a back seat.
Then why shd i spend money and buy powerful cars ?
I think you shd pay for the comfort the car gives then power.
The limit of speed is very perosonal thing but don't judge it wrongly.I think over 150 should be NO.

But drivers makes other safe.If your capable to press any thing with your legs you can drive fast.But are you good enuf is the question and most of us does not want to admit that we are poor drivers or that speed is not safe.

It is just a ego.I have seen strangers racing in highways racing.But by the end of the trip be it city or high way i can see them with me.I may be going in 60-100...but things so called great drivers goes 0-60-140-180-0-20 -30
So it is all about optimizing speed in ur driving condition ...
drive safe

Well said Manziee. I second you.
narasimha raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2007, 01:43   #150
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely.I guess its maturity or even common sense that tells you not to speed up when its risky. Some people are born without the ability to use their grey cells,or sometimes its just plain bad luck. Either ways,better to be safe than sorry.
If the road conditions & the traffic allow you to go fast,coupled with your ability to control the car/bike, its absolutely ok to hit high speeds. Any one of these factors go the wrong way,and you might want to thank your lucky stars if you walk away from the scene.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote