Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
Old 28th October 2007, 13:07   #1
Post Duty Rates in India and the Importing Process

Hi im new to this forum, I reside in Canada and it really bothers me to see cars in India to be sooooooo over priced, and im not talking 10%, 20%, 30% I'm talking about 50-60% . Thats a huge margin of profit for the Manufacturers, and I know the Indian Government charges something like 103% Duty Tax, but what about the cars made in India that are still priced more than double what I pay here.sorry for the rant but could someone please provide me with information on the importing process, as well as if duty rates differ among cars
thanks a bunch
Old 28th October 2007, 15:48   #2
Team-BHP Support

Hi NRIturbo,

Welcome aboard.

You can do a search for terms like > import, duty, importing, customs

...and you will get TONS of threads and great information, and please continue the discussion there.

Also, please use the search feature before creating threads in the future.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread