Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 25th November 2007, 11:19   #181
BHPian

Anupmathur, Going purely by the service schedule difference between the 2.2 and the 3.0 which is a glaring 10000kms I think TML is sending a subtle message out on reliability of the new engine from here on.

t

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Turbanman, it is not even so much the fit and finish that bother me, it is the reliability aspect.
If a year passes by with significantly reduced complaints regarding Safaris, I would love to own one as well. I just hope that in doing all this the price does not go out of my budget range!

Last edited by turbanman : 25th November 2007 at 11:23.
Old 25th November 2007, 12:42   #182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbanman View Post
Anupmathur, Going purely by the service schedule difference between the 2.2 and the 3.0 which is a glaring 10000kms I think TML is sending a subtle message out on reliability of the new engine from here on.

t
Or maybe its the faith in their service centers. The fewer times it goes to a TASC, the less chance there is of them screwing up their vehicle
Old 25th November 2007, 12:44   #183
Senior - BHPian

This is a good one , sometimes you can do better than them in terms of detecting the problems and its with most of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Or maybe its the faith in their service centers. The fewer times it goes to a TASC, the less chance there is of them screwing up their vehicle
Old 25th November 2007, 14:15   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The fewer times it goes to a TASC, the less chance there is of them screwing up their vehicle

C'mon mods, roll with this splendid one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbanman View Post
I think TML is sending a subtle message out on reliability of the new engine from here on.
I wish you are right. But I'll give it one YEAR before putting MY money down!

Last edited by tsk1979 : 25th November 2007 at 21:49.
Old 25th November 2007, 14:41   #185
BHPian

Then either way (with longer service intervals) we hopefully win.

t

Quote:
Old 28th January 2008, 18:53   #186
BHPian

Default safari and bullet

this reminds me of one post on this thread that some bhpian said ""everyone makes way for safari and bullet"" (bullet aka royal enfield)

how very true.

seeing both as white elephants in the maintenance part still makes you want to own one and if you own one to drive / ride with an attitude.
Old 28th January 2008, 21:23   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
The 3.0 Turbo kicks in at about 1,700-1,800 rpm.

What follows is a personal note / request

You seem to be here in this forum with a single-point agenda - you spend more time here talking against Tata and generally downtalking the Safari than you do talking about your own machine.

I have personally tried to explain to you over PM that this sort of childish one-upmanship is not really what this forum is about, but you do not seem to take hints or even direct personal requests.

Despite this, you are all over the Safari threads - liberally donating smartalec comments and being more than a bit hazy on the facts.

Kindly stick to facts - there are people here on this forum that have more actual experience on the Safari than you can think of. People that have bought the vehicle more than once.

This is not to say that this is a vehicle that is free of faults. Much to the contrary, the Safari owners on this forum have been very upfront and candid about the issues they have faced, preferring not to gloss over the glitches and aggrandize their vehicles as god's gift to mankind - they do not need owners of other vehicles to tell them what the issues with THEIR OWN vehicles are. They know what the issues are, deal with them and get on with it in because the issues with the vehicle are quite trivial compared to what you get out of it.

Kindly show respect to this sentiment. You do not find the same crowd trampling all over your Mahindra threads in the manner that you seem to be doing out here. And despite all that you say here and may say later, I can assure you that they will not do so - that says a lot for the difference in the mentality/mindset between the owners of the two vehicles.

PS: If you do wish to respond, my email is steer@team-bhp.com and we can discuss this offline. For the first time in about 3 years with the forum, I find myself searching for and actually using the 'Ignore user' option.
Steeriod: From your response , I feel the other way around. Some of your comments about this user applies to you also. You sound too inclined towards Safari. The tone of the response sounds like it kindles Tata-Mahindra argument here.
Old 29th January 2008, 04:53   #188
BHPian

Well I love safari for its look and for its sheer road presence. I love them more than Scorpio or GV or CRV or Captiva. But I dont like them more than Endeavour and Pajero.

Having said that. There are other things that too come to my mind when I think of Safari. Its a great cruiser and offers lot of comfort.

But definitely Tata has miles to go before they can rest on improvising the interior. When u say its a SUV, it should offer me a "chill-cool-suave" interiors. But I find it missing.

But I dont have that much dough to buy a Pajero and Endeavour is too big to drive in a city.
Old 14th July 2010, 15:08   #189
BHPian

Well, this is a good thread to get answers to the big question - Why Safari?
I think this thread was launched by GTO when the Safari 2.2 was introduced, and I am eager to know how the 2010 Safari compares to the first 2.2?
I think the engine is the same, has there been any changes/fixes to the engine?
How is the interior quality in the 2010 version compared to the 2007 version?

I know some of the cosmetic changes that you cant miss, like the spare wheel cover, but what are the other changes?

-Ever-drooling-want-to-buy-safari-fan,
Suresh.

Note from Mod : Old thread, hence closing

Last edited by GTO : 15th July 2010 at 10:51. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread