Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 6th November 2007, 12:56   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreak View Post
Bang on! They can upgrade the interiors as much as they like but they dont have the brand traction to challenge the Hondas and the Toyotas in the luxury segment.
True -- with the sales that they have generated against the likes of Honda and Toyota they should name is Hyundai Sannata (silence)
kpbhatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 14:06   #17
BHPian

sidindica;618084

looks '5 Series' ish (from the side) now with the fin antena on the roof and scooping rear lights.

wow when will we see Hyundai with their own designs ??
Karandeep81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 14:18   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This is one face-lift I dont like; the new bigger grille makes it look so much like the Elantra. I much prefer the look of the current Sonata Embera.

Hyundai can only fight on price in the D segment and a mere 1 - 1.5 lacs lighter price tag (vis a vis Accord) isnt going to help matters. Dealers anyways discount heavily after a while. I say, relaunch at 13 lakh on-the-road and watch people line up!
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 14:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
True -- with the sales that they have generated against the likes of Honda and Toyota they should name is Hyundai Sannata (silence)
ROFL! Nice one.

Quote:
This is one face-lift I dont like; the new bigger grille makes it look so much like the Elantra. I much prefer the look of the current Sonata Embera.

Hyundai can only fight on price in the D segment and a mere 1 - 1.5 lacs lighter price tag (vis a vis Accord) isnt going to help matters. Dealers anyways discount heavily after a while. I say, relaunch at 13 lakh on-the-road and watch people line up!
Yeah 13 would probably the price point to be competitive. They have to think like Maruti did with SX4. If they would have price SX4 around 9ish they would have had a lot less sale especially with the Vtec + City coming in. They will have to undercut prices and that too by a big margin. At 13ish many would be game for the Sannata (still laughing)...

This grill reminds me of some car... not able to place which one :(

Last edited by thefreak : 6th November 2007 at 14:27.
thefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 18:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Interiors are VERY famaliar. Can't place where and which car I have seen them in.

As for the car, by the time Hyundai bring this one into India, Honda will launch their new Accord .
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 19:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

The external front view of the current Sonata Embera looks far better to me.
vnabhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 19:34   #22
Team-BHP Support

External changes dont seem much and doesnt make it any different from the older version. However, the plush interiors are something to die for. But, if they continue with the same price tag, it will continue to sell a few handful
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 20:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Interiors are lifted verbatim from Lexus, LS430 of the last-gen if my memory serves me right.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 20:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

I felt the same,iraghava.. There are a few lines from different cars. Looks refined,none-the-less.
Nitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 10:01   #25
BHPian

I think everycar in the world resembles something or the other. Look at Swift, its here & there of Fabia,,,after Fabia launched here, I am sure many of us would comment hey it looks like Swift. Damn Skoda copied Swift !!!.

Though Sonata is good premimum car, one of the things which Hyundai is failing as a company in India is MARKETING. Marketing here I mean not just selling, it encompasses everything from identifying customer need,satisfying that with good prodcuts.Creating brand image,communicating about the product,its diffenertiators to cusotmers,creating brand preference and list goes on.
I think in India, Hyundai is doing absolute terrible job with that.
So whether you bring Sonata or Santa Fe or i10 or i30. Hyundai would pay for its poor management.(Little bit off topic sorry!!)

But yes, Sonata looks here & there of everything right from BMW to Honda to Merc to Lexus...... ain't other cars do ?

Anju
Anju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 07:57   #26
BHPian

Another ad last night on the Set MAX mentioned a 0% deal for the Embera - EMI of 36,xxx/- for three years. Not sure if this is for the current model or the soon to be announced refurbished version to try and counter the Accord announcement due on Tuesday.
rangaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 08:07   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
Another ad last night on the Set MAX mentioned a 0% deal for the Embera - EMI of 36,xxx/- for three years. Not sure if this is for the current model or the soon to be announced refurbished version to try and counter the Accord announcement due on Tuesday.

The offer is for the current Embera model.Once the new Embera is launched I think there wont be any offer immediately.
stable rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 09:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Looks definitely better but a wee bit similart to Elantra specally the way grille has been brought down the level of headlamp and they should have made it wider , I mean it should have ended near the head lamps .

A good car but sadly Hyundai is not upmarket enough for the Indians to take it as a luxury sedan. The definitely need an altrenate brand .
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 09:54   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think everycar in the world resembles something or the other. Look at Swift, its here & there of Fabia,,,after Fabia launched here, I am sure many of us would comment hey it looks like Swift. Damn Skoda copied Swift !!!.

Though Sonata is good premimum car, one of the things which Hyundai is failing as a company in India is MARKETING. Marketing here I mean not just selling, it encompasses everything from identifying customer need,satisfying that with good prodcuts.Creating brand image,communicating about the product,its diffenertiators to cusotmers,creating brand preference and list goes on.
I think in India, Hyundai is doing absolute terrible job with that.
So whether you bring Sonata or Santa Fe or i10 or i30. Hyundai would pay for its poor management.(Little bit off topic sorry!!)

But yes, Sonata looks here & there of everything right from BMW to Honda to Merc to Lexus...... ain't other cars do ?

Anju
I would agree with most of the points - except that they seem to manage their lower segments reasonably well - it's in the higher segments that they have a huge problem. And as GTO said - they would do well to take a leaf out of Maruti's strategy - a la SX4.
wilful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2008, 11:52   #30
Senior - BHPian

Guys the photos have been deleted . Please upload again.. I want to see the Hyundai's Copyjob this time around.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote