Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 12th July 2008, 18:35   #121
BANNED

What are those few things? The shadow you mentioned is the reflection of the windshield.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Not that I am doubting anyone but there are a few things that bother me.
Old 12th July 2008, 18:47   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are very correct, same doubts are coming to my mind too. It looks like these photos were done in a hurry.
Old 12th July 2008, 18:50   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
What are those few things? The shadow you mentioned is the reflection of the windshield.
I think he means Photoshop
Old 12th July 2008, 19:06   #124
BHPian

Cyrus, you are right, man.

There is some definite Photoshopping. Scoop within a scoop, eh?

But the car seems to be in the place where it has been PS'ed.. Looks like someone had a go with the polygonal lasso tool on the tyre.

What is going on?

Last edited by arajand : 12th July 2008 at 19:09.
Old 12th July 2008, 19:12   #125
BANNED

Who did it? What was the motive? Definitely we need some investigation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Had to accompany my wife to Chennai as part of some official work, and during the time she was busy with her work, i decided to catch up with fellow TBHPian John (Esteem_Lover). After a round of tea, was heading out to his office when we spotted a blue car which looked kinda familiar, but not really so. A quick thrust from the Esteem and we were able to catch up with the car in question. The badging was masked, but there
was no doubt at all regarding the lineage it hailed from. Soon two other cars caught up with it, and it was now clear that we had a Scoop on our hands.
Quote:

Last edited by diabloo : 12th July 2008 at 19:14.
Old 12th July 2008, 19:48   #126
BHPian

The TN number plates are very real and I have myself seen these cars being test driven inside the city few months back (around the same time this scoop was posted by Benny).
Old 12th July 2008, 19:49   #127
Team-BHP Support

I trust Benny completely. If anything, he might have PSed to improve the quality of pics.
Old 12th July 2008, 20:07   #128
BHPian

this is what thread opener has to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Yes, they were taken my me. I did some post-processing work on the pic to make the car look a lot more clearer/darker, however you may want to call it. I have the originals with me, as well.

Being really busy with work the past two days, i tried a quick PS job on the same.
Old 12th July 2008, 22:34   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I managed to get the link for Pics of New Ford Ka( not sure if this is the one for India). It does look good. Front headlamps do resemble the New Fiesta.If this is the car thats gonna be launched in India im sure it ll kick i10's backside.
The car looks great no doubt and seems promising too but Ford would really need to pull up their socks in every department from setting its price right to its A** to compete with companies like Hyundai and MUL who are so well established in India and have earned their 'recognition' (if that's what you say). Ford cars are very promising but that is not enough and that you can see from the sales figures of the Fusion as well as the Fiesta they really have to gain that respect if they want the real sales in the country.

However i don't think they would launch a B-segment car. It is the B+ segment which they perhaps would be targetting and if they launch the car in the spy pics and get everything right with it i am sure the car will be a big hit here.
Old 12th July 2008, 22:53   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

It will be the ultimate bread and butter car for Ford in India perhaps. Cute looks and a good design.Gives a lot of respite from some of the ugly but well accepted Japanese and Korean designs in our market.
Old 12th July 2008, 22:58   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post

The car looks great no doubt and seems promising too but Ford would really need to pull up their socks in every department from setting its price right to its A** to compete with companies like Hyundai and MUL who are so well established in India and have earned their 'recognition' (if that's what you say). Ford cars are very promising but that is not enough and that you can see from the sales figures of the Fusion as well as the Fiesta they really have to gain that respect if they want the real sales in the country.
Agree with you. Ford has to do a lot of things before getting that good image that MUL and Hyundai and upto some extent, even Tata is enjoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post

However i don't think they would launch a B-segment car. It is the B+ segment which they perhaps would be targetting and if they launch the car in the spy pics and get everything right with it i am sure the car will be a big hit here.
I think that
1)
They already have Fusion on the B+ segment.

2)
If positioned in the B+ segment, it might cannibalize sales of Ikon and Fiesta 1.4 petrol.

P.S.
I have considered the segment of small cars above Swift/Getz as B+.
Old 12th July 2008, 23:53   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

I think that
1)
They already have Fusion on the B+ segment.

2)
If positioned in the B+ segment, it might cannibalize sales of Ikon and Fiesta 1.4 petrol.

P.S.
I have considered the segment of small cars above Swift/Getz as B+.
Sir, the ikon is already is at its last stage and would soon be discontinued with the arrival of a new car from Ford. The Fiesta has got its facelift but they surely have not got the expected response from their potential customers yet. And as far as the Fusion goes it competes with the C-segment cars like those of the City, Verna, and its own sibling- Fiesta. It initially was compared to the NHC with its dimensions and performance when it was launched.

Ford would definately like a share in the B+ segment market (the large hatches which i mean) as this segment seems to be attracting all the car manufacturers.
Old 11th June 2009, 17:05   #133
Senior - BHPian

Default Spied: Ford's new small car in India

link: Spied - Ford's Verve-based low-cost car for India, Europe, Brazil | Indian Autos blog

pic 1 has a qualis at the background, therefore it was spotted testing in India.
Attached Images

Old 11th June 2009, 17:07   #134
Senior - BHPian

any pointers to the fact that this is indeed a ford? I couldnt find any
Old 11th June 2009, 17:10   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
any pointers to the fact that this is indeed a ford? I couldnt find any
see the link and it has a pic of European Fiesta and look at the camoue'd image, some front end design elements are adopted from that model.
Closed Thread