Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2009, 03:35   #751
Senior - BHPian
 
IndrojitSircar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kolkata/Delhi
Posts: 2,263
Thanked: 113 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Beige carpets were verymuch there in Dx model.Please check out the pics of my SS80 in my garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post



Again let me clarify that the beige mat and leather seats are NOT company fitment, these are most likely fitted as a dealer accessory/upgrade option. Reason why am being so sure is coz i knew of 2 such Dx car at close proximity when it was launched in 1984.

EDIT: Look at the leather seat cover fitment, it definitely didnt come from factory like that!
Well till i don't remember much about the carpets but since hillram is saying so i think we should wait for some others to also agree to this point before we get to a conclusion.

Till what i remember the Delux models came with tinted glass and leather seats which were the additional features offered.The seats were leather upholstered and not leather covers.Suresh's car has got covers on which might have been added by the first owner as an accesory.The leather seats were Grey/Black in colour.Does any one have a Broucher of this car ?
IndrojitSircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 16:34   #752
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,390
Thanked: 908 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Well till i don't remember much about the carpets but since hillram is saying so i think we should wait for some others to also agree to this point before we get to a conclusion.

Till what i remember the Delux models came with tinted glass and leather seats which were the additional features offered.The seats were leather upholstered and not leather covers.Suresh's car has got covers on which might have been added by the first owner as an accesory.The leather seats were Grey/Black in colour.Does any one have a Broucher of this car ?
The OE leather seats came in 2 colours depending on the colour of the car.Burgundy for white cars,beige colour leather seat covers for Red/blue cars.There are single owner cars still in our city and so am sure about this FACT.also beige fur carpets did come as OE in lieu of the black carpets in the standard.
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 16:56   #753
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,461
Thanked: 6,715 Times
Default

Again let me ask the question, were they fitted as dealer OE or came from factory?

The cars i remember were delivered from Popular Trivandrum IIRC between 1984-86 and both of them were deluxe and never had this beige stuff or leather when it was delivered. I clearly remember they had tinted glass though. This was in my school days and still remember running home to see the car parked right next door to my house on the day it was delivered.

Only confusion in my mind is the second car, which was chocolate brown had leather seat covers (again chocolate brown). But that also i have a faint memory being bought from Delhi where the owner visited for a meeting, since he carried the cloth upholstery for our brand new Maruti van along with it, Popular didnt have the accessory for the Van at that time.

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th November 2009 at 16:59.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 17:47   #754
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,390
Thanked: 908 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Again let me ask the question, were they fitted as dealer OE or came from factory?

The cars i remember were delivered from Popular Trivandrum IIRC between 1984-86 and both of them were deluxe and never had this beige stuff or leather when it was delivered. I clearly remember they had tinted glass though. This was in my school days and still remember running home to see the car parked right next door to my house on the day it was delivered.

Only confusion in my mind is the second car, which was chocolate brown had leather seat covers (again chocolate brown). But that also i have a faint memory being bought from Delhi where the owner visited for a meeting, since he carried the cloth upholstery for our brand new Maruti van along with it, Popular didnt have the accessory for the Van at that time.
The Leather seat covers were very much OE factory fitted,because I distinctly remember an AD which appeared in INDIAN EXPRESS in September 1985 which was inviting NRI''s to book the car via foreign exchange,(Only DX and semi DX models) since there was a long long wait list for the Standard version.the DX features were clearly mentioned as LEATHER SEAT COVERS.
also the next model SB308 DX had Platinum grey seat covers (the green cars had the Dark brown seat covers similar to suresh kishores car)and this I know for sure because my family had a white colour 1987november SB308 DX more
over I had posted the features of DX about 2 year ago(first post of this thread) and till a few days ago NONE repeat NONE in this forum had ever raised an iota of doubt abt the seat covers/carpets.
regarding the cars mentioned by you I think they must be Semi DX models

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th November 2009 at 15:24.
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2009, 19:53   #755
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 382
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
The Leather seat covers were very much OE factory fitted,because I distinctly remember an AD which appeared in INDIAN EXPRESS in September 1985 which was inviting NRI''s to book the car via foreign exchange,(Only DX and semi DX models) since there was a long long wait list for the Standard version.
===================
regarding the cars mentioned by you I think they must be Semi DX models
Hope the doubt regarding the Leather Seat Cover and the beige carpets is thus cleared once and for all.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th November 2009 at 15:26. Reason: Fixing Quotes and please avoid quoting entire post for short replies. Thanks
sureshkishore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2009, 18:43   #756
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,390
Thanked: 908 Times
Default

today I checked with one senior gentleman, former NRI who got one of the last SSDX's (KBT-52XX) red car,he confirmed that his car had OEfactory fiited BEIGE leather seats and beige fur carpets,the rubber mats were given from the dealer.(DO).
He had got the car paying full amount in advance,as at that point of time,the DX version had very few takers!
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 15:45   #757
Team-BHP Support
 
Jaggu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 17,461
Thanked: 6,715 Times
Default

Thanks for clarifying so much ajay!

Meanwhile i checked with my neighbor (Ret Govt of India employee), he confirmed that his was Dx version (not NRI, maybe since it was one of the first few 100 cars alloted by lottery before NRI scheme itself ) registration was KRV IIRC, and these stuff were offered as dealer fitments later. Oh he also opted for Dx for faster delivery (almost 6 months).

What he said his car had AC, Tinted glass, Clock and a Radio/Cassette set when delivered from factory.

So here you go, maybe both of us are correct Or maybe he is confused with semi Dx as you say. Anyways i really am not bothered as long as these cars are kept well and our future generation can atleast get a glimpse of them
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2009, 07:50   #758
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,390
Thanked: 908 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
wITH PANORAMIC HOOD
this car seems to be for sale.asking a hefty Rs.70000/-
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2009, 20:32   #759
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,390
Thanked: 908 Times
Default

is the muffler for ss80 available in JK autos bangalore?
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 19:06   #760
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: kidangoor
Posts: 56
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Maruti 800 DX 1985 model JAPAN Made for Sale - Rajkot - Cars
classico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 21:19   #761
Senior - BHPian
 
YC.BALENO.CHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,089
Thanked: 89 Times
Default



90K seems to be on the higher side.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 22:35   #762
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,785
Thanked: 809 Times
Default

90K is way too much.But these cars have become dearer by day.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 14:16   #763
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,390
Thanked: 908 Times
Default

90k that too for a car without many OE items, right price would be around rs.40000/-
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 16:38   #764
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: trivandrum
Posts: 2,390
Thanked: 908 Times
Default

here is the link of a 2door ss80 restoration job


http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=12229
ajay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 20:47   #765
BHPian
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 407
Thanked: 220 Times
Default

This is one car I admire, purely because of its looks. If you think calling this car beautiful is stupid then call me crazy! I see a Blue SS80DX everyday when I go to college. It is neatly restored, has all kinds of stickers like Magnaflow, Monster Cables and all. One of the panels is rusting while the car gathers dust! But still looks cute! I'll post pics and try to get hold of the owner and ask him a few questions.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
here is the link of a 2door ss80 restoration job


http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=12229

Very jugaad kinda guy. Neat restoration none the less.
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Restored! 1985 Maruti 800 (SS80), A/C Deluxe royamrit Modifications & Accessories 27 4th September 2016 10:54
Restoration project - Maruti 800 (SS80) 1984 model the_maassk Modifications & Accessories 32 18th November 2015 11:26
Tasteful Maruti SS80 Restoration, my gift to Dad ashvar87 Technical Stuff 54 18th November 2015 11:17
Buying Suzuki SS80 1984 model anarchist Hatchbacks 32 1st September 2009 06:34
Wanted 1984/1985 Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX ajay99 Shifting gears 4 27th January 2008 11:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:15.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks