Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 23rd February 2008, 23:22   #481
BHPian

Quote:
I also don't undretsand the urgency of importing the 1.3MJD, cause they could have done that at least a year back!
Because Team-BHP just promised that quite a number of people are waiting for 1.3 MJD in Palio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
A downward revision of price will not happen UNLESS the car flops :(
If it flops they will use "Dicor" in lower end

Their yearly target is 5000 and now 50 MJDs are mere 1% going in this pace Tata's will aquire them one day

Last edited by DCEite : 24th February 2008 at 09:58. Reason: Excessive smilies removed
TeddyBear is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th February 2008, 07:41   #482
Senior - BHPian

Default Its coming soon

This car is coming on March 11th. And it is planned that first 50 1.3Diesel Palio will be sent to Italy.
Old 24th February 2008, 09:45   #483
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
This car is coming on March 11th. And it is planned that first 50 1.3Diesel Palio will be sent to Italy.
This is different from what media has reported. They are saying engines will be imported, not exported.
Old 24th February 2008, 10:04   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sent to Italy for what? I think Fiat already has better cars there. AFAIK , Palio is only for third world countries (Brazil, India etc.) ?

Last edited by DCEite : 24th February 2008 at 10:10.
Old 24th February 2008, 12:56   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I wasn't talking about the feasibility of plonking the 1.3 multijet into the palio body. That has already been done. Neither was I talking about the testing or design changes to the chassis to be made, that too has already been done and is just a matter of having the vendors supply the redesigned components (chassis/suspension).

What I was talking about is the net result of the change. We know the Palio bodyshell was designed with a different engine family to start with. Now with the advent of the newer powerplants, there must have been changes made to accomodate the bigger torque, hp numbers as well as the weight distribution might have changed. So in all, the final result could be completely different from what we anticipate keeping the fabulous GTX in mind.

Every car body is designed keeping certain power sources in mind, when technology evolves, the engines are adapted into those bodies and the original parameters change. Thats when we have redesigned cars optimising the usage of new technologies.

For that matter the 1.9 diesel was such a show dampener. Was such a strange move considering they already had the lovely 1.7 turbodiesel in the sienna at the same time.
The Turky arm of FIAT is already having this 1.3 JTD engine long back ( 3-years back). Just visit the turky website of FIAT..
Old 24th February 2008, 19:42   #486
Senior - BHPian

Default Sorry

Hey all,
I am extremely sorry for my typing error. Instead of Import, I wrote Export.

My sincere apologies to all who were angry. Sorry.

Now I am giving the link about the news.
Here is the link:

Fiat readies 1.3-litre diesel Palio Stile- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

It states that first 50 Fiat Palio stile will be imported from Italy.
Old 24th February 2008, 20:58   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It states that first 50 Fiat Palio stile will be imported from Italy.
No buddy, you still got it wrong, only the 1.3 MJD engine is imported from Italy!
Old 24th February 2008, 21:25   #488
BHPian

Quote:
FIAT's comments in the above link seems to indicate a possible revival of the Adventure. I guess we will have to wait to find out, if indeed the Adventure figures somewhere in FIAT's '08-'09 plans!! But I guess for FIAT India, commercially, the Adventure MJD would make sense.
Old 25th February 2008, 10:15   #489
Senior - BHPian

1.3 MJD, 90 BHP Adventure would be a real treat.... Now is this called day dreaming..
Old 25th February 2008, 10:21   #490
BHPian

90 BHP Diesel Adventure. That is a dream I have too
Old 25th February 2008, 11:22   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
90 BHP Diesel Adventure. That is a dream I have too
It wont be a dream, since Fiat is mostly going to launch a revised Adventure with the 1.3L engine. There was a article on the same in a auto mag.
Old 25th February 2008, 11:32   #492
BHPian

Thanks for the news.

Can we trust the economic times on the March 11th release date of the Fiat MJD car?

I am seriously considering this vehicle since I ran out of options because of the hefty pricing of Fabia.
Old 25th February 2008, 13:35   #493
BHPian

Adventure with 1.3 MJD is anytime a best combination. Along with the new redesigned front of Stile ,it will be selling like hotcakes.
Old 25th February 2008, 16:02   #494
BHPian

There is an article about FIAT in todays Business Line/Hindu (confused between the two..), where Palio MJD Launch date is confirmed as 11-March..so should be good enough.

Think its part of an interview with Rajeev Kapoor, CEO Fiat India,
not soo long a wait after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
Thanks for the news.
Can we trust the economic times on the March 11th release date of the Fiat MJD car?
Old 25th February 2008, 16:56   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi View Post
There is an article about FIAT in todays Business Line/Hindu (confused between the two..), where Palio MJD Launch date is confirmed as 11-March..so should be good enough.

Think its part of an interview with Rajeev Kapoor, CEO Fiat India,
not soo long a wait after all.
I think Mr.Rajeev Kapoor in that same article says "About sourcing components from local vendors, he said that Fiat would source 1.3-litre multi-jet diesel engine from Maruti Suzuki, which is produced in its Manesar plant under license from Fiat".

I am not sure how exactly will Maruti Suzuki will be able to cope up with Fiat's requirement, if the production is insufficient already

- SKB.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 25th February 2008 at 16:57. Reason: typo
Closed Thread