Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2008, 17:32   #496
BHPian
 
gods-envy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 470
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

i too am keeping my fingers crossed for this car; have been an avid fan of Fiat.
I had owned a FIAT 1.6 GTX and looking to now buy a Diesel version because I too have run out of options,
Swift :- too long a waiting period
Fabia and Getz :- Over priced

I hope Palio lives up to the competition.
gods-envy is offline  
Old 25th February 2008, 17:47   #497
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 27
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Here is the link

The Hindu
adityakavoor is offline  
Old 25th February 2008, 19:07   #498
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 1,317 Times
Default

Why the hell would FIAT Source the 1.3 engine from Maruti Suzuki when they have their own engine and transmission plant under construction? Sometime back we were talking about FIAT having royality from Swift Diesel sales... where did this came from?
Maruti is not able to meet the diesel demand, I wonder how and why they would give the engine to FIAT, their closest competitor for Swift?
All this is utter nonsense... these newspaper dont seem to know what they are writing. At the max Fiat would source the engine parts from same vendors as Maruti... not from Maruti per se.
extreme_torque is offline  
Old 25th February 2008, 19:12   #499
BHPian
 
SilentEngine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mangalore-Bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Why the hell would FIAT Source the 1.3 engine from Maruti Suzuki when they have their own engine and transmission plant under construction? Sometime back we were talking about FIAT having royality from Swift Diesel sales... where did this came from?
Maruti is not able to meet the diesel demand, I wonder how and why they would give the engine to FIAT, their closest competitor for Swift?
All this is utter nonsense... these newspaper dont seem to know what they are writing. At the max Fiat would source the engine parts from same vendors as Maruti... not from Maruti per se.
There were also some posts mentioning that Fiat would import the engines for the first 50 palio mjd's from Italy till the local plant is production ready.
SilentEngine is offline  
Old 25th February 2008, 19:14   #500
BHPian
 
jaibir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 317
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Why the hell would FIAT Source the 1.3 engine from Maruti Suzuki when they have their own engine and transmission plant under construction? Sometime back we were talking about FIAT having royality from Swift Diesel sales... where did this came from?
Its possible that sourcing the engine from MSIL might be an interim arrangement till Fiat's own plant is up and running
jaibir is offline  
Old 25th February 2008, 19:23   #501
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 1,317 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
Its possible that sourcing the engine from MSIL might be an interim arrangement till Fiat's own plant is up and running
I dont see any point as to why Maruti would agree to such an agreement and even if this is the case, why are they importing the initial 50 engines from Italy.
They are competitors and Maruti would like to thwart any start that Fiat might want to take in its drive towards restructuring.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 25th February 2008 at 19:25.
extreme_torque is offline  
Old 25th February 2008, 19:28   #502
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Post

Is Fiat bringing any minor changes to its interiors for its diesel model??
or is it going to be same like the petrol one? The interiors are really outdated.
Fiat surely needs to update it . Its hightime
karanraheja is offline  
Old 25th February 2008, 19:32   #503
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,618
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

All this plans of importing MJD engines from Italy / sourcing MJD engines from Maruti sounds very dodgy!
All this when Fiat India is working on its own Engine Transmission plant in Pune!

Maybe a insider in Fiat India can confirm this, maybe Moralfibre?
finneyp is offline  
Old 25th February 2008, 19:42   #504
BHPian
 
Ignazio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Turin-Italy
Posts: 128
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Hi all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I dont see any point as to why Maruti would agree to such an agreement and even if this is the case, why are they importing the initial 50 engines from Italy.
They are competitors and Maruti would like to thwart any start that Fiat might want to take in its drive towards restructuring.
Why so much surprise if they import the engines from my country?
Is well know that Suzuki/Maruti, Opel and few others manufacturer are using a Fiat engineered engine. Here is produced in Italy by Powertrain (Fiat) and sold to all the others! This is an eritage from the previous GM agreement that still is convenient for the other manufacturers. Apparently the Indian Plant is not capable yet to delivery enough engines for the Swift and Palios...

cheers: Ciao ciao!
Ignazio is offline  
Old 25th February 2008, 19:55   #505
BHPian
 
SilentEngine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mangalore-Bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignazio View Post
Hi all!


Why so much surprise if they import the engines from my country?
Is well know that Suzuki/Maruti, Opel and few others manufacturer are using a Fiat engineered engine. Here is produced in Italy by Powertrain (Fiat) and sold to all the others! This is an eritage from the previous GM agreement that still is convenient for the other manufacturers. Apparently the Indian Plant is not capable yet to delivery enough engines for the Swift and Palios...

cheers: Ciao ciao!
Maruti Suzuki build their own engine in India, they don't import. As for Fiat importing engines from Italy, there are contradicting reports. So unless we get some authentic source of information we can't be sure
SilentEngine is offline  
Old 25th February 2008, 20:08   #506
BHPian
 
rudrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 605
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

They are indeed gonna be fitted in almost 7 cars..!!
  1. FIAT Grande punto
  2. Chevrolet Aveo Saloon/Sedan Diesel
  3. FIAT Linea
  4. FIAT Palio 1.3 Diesel
  5. Maruti Suzuki Splash
  6. Suzuki SX4 Diesel
  7. TATA Indica X1
rudrah is offline  
Old 25th February 2008, 20:13   #507
Senior - BHPian
 
BUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,130
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Is Fiat bringing any minor changes to its interiors for its diesel model??
or is it going to be same like the petrol one? The interiors are really outdated.
Fiat surely needs to update it . Its hightime
No changes whatsoever to the interiors, its same as the Stile.

I think we should stop speculating where Fiat is sourcing the engine, since Fiat has its own plant running.
BUSA is offline  
Old 2nd March 2008, 19:32   #508
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 27
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

A red coloured 1.3 Multi-jet has been seen in Pune. This occurred last week. The car had the new red FIAT Logo, along with the new grill as well. The car did not have registration number and was been driven quite swiftly through traffic.
Some of our sources also reveal that the car feels better put together and the 1.3 engine feels much quiter than in the Swift. FIAT will most likely price the 1.3 around 20-25k less than the Swift Diesel.
adityakavoor is offline  
Old 2nd March 2008, 20:57   #509
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: India
Posts: 1,745
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

this months "Car" magazine says that it will be priced around 50k less than the swift VDi.
rippergeo is offline  
Old 2nd March 2008, 21:07   #510
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Just few days away from the official launch and cant wait to see how it performs .
undead is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Drive: Fiat Punto Multi Jet VGT 90 HP sidindica Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 447 28th October 2015 12:10
Renaissance of my JET - White FIAT Linea T-Jet+ (27,000 Kms Up) Sathya_sc Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 225 4th August 2014 20:29
Fuelled FIRE into my (T)JET - The Fiat Linea T-Jet bnzjon Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 123 12th May 2013 00:16
Fiat Grande Punto Multi Jet (Emotion) - Project Car poncho Modifications & Accessories 5 23rd September 2009 06:42


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:13.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks