Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 17th December 2007, 13:07   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sorry to hear about your Laura experience. But for you to get the best advice here, a few clarifications would be needed"

What specifically went wrong with the airbags?

Again, what specific problem with the air-con?

Inexcusable!! Is this a manual Laura? Just shows the shoddy worksmanship of that dealer.

If you are serious about seeking legal recourse, this article will surely help.
sorry i don't know in detail..but
There is some kind of sensor problem in airbags...
and in air-con there was a valve leakage...and radiator fan is not woking..
yes its a manual...
devil_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 15:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

can you request the dealer to run "auto-scan" using their diagnostic software tool? the software tool probes all the control modules and reports fault-codes in human-readable format.

this report will help you in two ways: 1. to get expert help from Skoda HQ or explain it in technical terms to other experts. 2. once the dealer says the vehicle's problems are fixed - you can re-scan and obtain a fresh report which should be free from any fault codes.

if the dealer is not having or not using the diagnostic software tool, they are simply wasting your time and probably fixing the wrong stuff in the car.

clutch problem will be harder to fix as there is no "control module" for the clutch (as far as I know) and it will mostly be a mechanical defect that needs to be investigated by a competent fellow.

Airbag and HVAC systems have control modules and they report the fault codes if there are any. And once you know the fault-code it is as good as fixed. You will be amazed to know that every tiny little thing in the car is hooked to a control module and they offer invaluable help in fixing problems.
androdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 15:54   #33
BHPian

Thumbs down

I don't understand the manufacturers' psyche!

Skoda is such a well known brand worldwide, yet their customer treatment in India is appalling. It makes me think whether they are serious about Indian market at all.

Unlike Suzuki & Hyundai, I think most other manufacturers treat Indian market casually. Probably their global sales is so high that they don't bother with our market
sbasak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 15:59   #34
BHPian

speak to the consumer forum
worrisomebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2007, 20:56   #35
Senior - BHPian

And a Hyundai advert in today's paper mentions that they along with Skoda have topped the TNS Total Customer Sat survey !!!!!!
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 12:19   #36
BHPian

This is really so sad. I have postponed my decision for Safari VTT 2.2 after reading about the initial problems and then have been seriously thinking about this Laura also since its launch.
But first time, a friend scared me with the whopping after sales service costs and specially a story about airbags going off in a minor touch - push kind of accident and then Rs. Rs.300000/- he had to pay for all the work.
Then the cost of DSG ( replacement) is Rs.400000/- as told by the dealer.

And now the report from the author of this thread! well, now instead of buying, I should hire it I guess. Do we see Laura as taxis here soon?
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 15:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

And in the middle of all this, Skoda today announced a price hike of about Rs. 20,000 on its models from Jan 1, 08 because of rising input costs.
StarScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 17:38   #38
Senior - BHPian

i bought laura fully knowing that the parts will cost a bomb because if i buy audi the car will cost a bomb for the same parts. i know i have oversimplified but DSG, PD etc are known to be expensive. front two airbags and controller module comes to little over a lakh. so overall repair should not cross two lakhs unless it also includes extensive body damage.
androdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2007, 17:47   #39
BHPian

WoW such a long list complaint from so many people, what appears here is its region centric, do other skoda users also face the same problems
kiranpashtakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 02:47   #40
BHPian

Go to court only if you have records of all the mishaps which have happened to you otherwise skoda will just deny all the charges.

I'm Surprised cause the skoda service center here in Chennai have been very helpful, They rectified my front 2 leather seats from Stanley Leathers for free after i pointed out a slight fabric tear, also they got us free rubber mats a week from after the purchase for free (door delivery). I'm so happy by there service that i'm planning to buy the laura from them (currently own a octavia)
xtremeshock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 08:47   #41
BHPian

Any updates Devil? I'm In Ludhiana, By the way.
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 08:52   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_666 View Post
well.. my first bad experience with a great company..
Its starts something like this..
I bought new Skoda Laura in April,2007 from Krishna Autos Ludhiana. I never thought i was making a mistake.. after a month with just a usage of 3000Km.. i faced the problem with Airbags.
after two mounts in july i was in chandigarh & i faced problem with a/c my car showing near 8500km run and its really hard to drive car without ac in those days.
krishna auto took a weak to repair my car. After some days i faced the problem with the rear door window. Problems werecoming from everywhere... then got problems with the car speakers. AND THEN!! a huge problem with clutch start, it was doing slipping. Finally my clutched changed on near 18500 and i paid half payment for it as company refused to pay it..
I got clutch start replaced with a new one.. can you believe i just drove it almost 1500km after the replacement and clutch stopped working.. its completely failed to work..

Its simply unacceptable, that clutch failed after using it for 1500km... i don't know its a negative point of Skoda Laura or bad servicing and repair.. of Skoda workshop.

Now skoda is simply refusing that its not their fault.. and they are tending to move backward.. not accepting input from my side. I got call from Krishna Autos today evening they said that I have to pay all the repair amount. This is something which is pinching me a lot after all i faced with this car..

I am thinking to give a visit at Consumer court.. and put my point forward there.. i just want a suggestion from you friends.. tell me how should i move forward.. what is the best thing to do now..
waiting for your replies..
Its indeed a terrible experience. Try approaching a good lawyer and state your case to him . Get a notice against Skoda motors . But before you go the lawyer's way make sre you have a word with the top man at Skoda. IF they remain indifferent file a case.

And next time you go to your service stationdo keep a recorder on in your pocket . The mini SD card one. REcord the whole conversation . It wont be taken as evidence but court will consider listening to it.

Last edited by maxbhp : 16th January 2008 at 08:54.
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 14:42   #43

Sorry guys for delayed response.I was pretty busy with my exams.
Finally i got my car fixed and Krishna auto's accepted that it was there fault and they fixed my car free of cost.
Thanks to everyone u guys really help a lot.
devil_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2008, 21:50   #44
BHPian

Pretty good mate.
Enjoy the car and I hope it runs fine.
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2008, 00:46   #45
BHPian

by the way where is moga? never heard of that place before
dockap is offline   Reply With Quote