Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 10th December 2010, 20:53   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: What was your first 'new car'?

My first new car is Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 E-PK.
Bought on Jan. 2010.
HammerHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2010, 20:57   #77
BHPian

My first car was Hyundai Santro XP, bought on April 09, 2005.
camchennai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2010, 21:21   #78
BHPian

My first new car is Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion. bought on October 16, 2010.My first car was M800(sold in 2005) and then got Alto Lxi(second hand)
vsk2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2010, 23:36   #79
Team-BHP Support

A couple of days after my 26th birthday I became the proud owner of a Hyundai Accent GLS 1.5 petrol, modern grey, sourced from some dealer in Thane. Till about a month before I'd been set on getting myself a Santro. That was the sensible choice, and within my budget. Then one day when riding with my friend Vivek who had just procured a shiny silver Accent, I impulsively asked him for a test drive. To my amazement he agreed and as we whizzed down the nearly empty (in those days) Palm Beach Road, I started getting this feeling that I totally BELONGED in this car, something I did not feel in the Santro. That weekend at home, I hesitantly shared how I felt with my Dad. Another surprise- he backed my choice wholeheartedly, and- here's the icing on the cake- offered to pitch in with the down payment for the more expensive Accent as well! I was completely overwhelmed and that was the day I realised that parents do in fact live through their children. On Monday I dragged Anand, my roomie and colleague, to the Hyundai showroom in Vashi and we took a test drive in a blue Accent up and down the Sion-Panvel highway. Sheer bliss. The question of colour was soon resolved- I was torn between blue and the newly launched grey- when Anand asked me to think 5 years from now, which one will you regret not buying? (he was prescient- that car stayed with me all of 7 years) There was an HSBC DSA who hung about our office (filled with MBAs in the 25-35 age group, so a happy hunting ground for him) and I asked him for a quote. By the end of the week, I was picking up my car at the Thane showroom. It was a little anticlimactic at the end, because the DSA was supposed to meet me there but couldn't so I had to pick the car up alone, drive it to a petrol pump to tank up and then drive all the way to the western suburbs to my parents' where we then did the pooja and the usual round of oohs-and-aahs. The next day the whole family drove to a family function in- funnily enough- Thane in my new baby, and I could not be more proud.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 00:48   #80
Senior - BHPian

First new car was maruti800 way back in 1988. Dull cream kinda color if i rem right.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 02:20   #81
BHPian

My first car, is my ever smiling Suzuki Swift Vxi, purchased on 08-08-08.
That's one moment that is really close to my heart.
I paid the down payment from my savings. I remember the day I paid the down payment was 12-07-2008 and I summed up the downpayment amount right to the last penny from my savings and a couple of Rs.100 bills from my pocket. I had no money and my savings had dipped to Zero.
That day I returned home hitching a ride with a friend after walking a long distance. But I knew that day, I did something that I had never done before - money spent on the right thing.
Presenting for the very first time in the forum -
Attached Images

no_boundaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 11:38   #82
BHPian

My first new car was also my first ever car - Tata Indica V2 DLS, May 2004. In fact I was still not done with my driving school course, and couldn't do much more than admire her beauty, and fill my heart with pride at buying my first car. It cost me about 80% of my annual salary then, financed of-course.

When I gave her away, it surely was a very emotional affair, however I had my 9-month daughter besides me, and the thought of buying a much more safer car (SX4-ZXi) was the only consolation I could offer myself.

First car is so very special in a man's life.
Fornax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 12:52   #83
BHPian

My first new car was Fiat UNO 1.0 FIRE in 1997. Brilliant car it was. So much better than the Zen which was really the only other option then. Used it for 7 years before selling it for an Ikon 1.3 in 2004 which I still own.
SPARKled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 14:32   #84
BHPian

My own first car(with own money) was the Figo tdci which i brought on May 4 of this year. From what i can remember my parents had a padmini,maruti 800 carodust, maruti zen (from around this time we started having 2 cars), palio, Fiesta(present), santro(present). I used to consider all these cars as mine even though it was not bought with my money.

So guess the first new car i can really remember is Maruti 800 carodust and at that time the refinement/smoothness for me as a passenger was very good. i remember quite a lot about that car and every time i see a similar car can't help looking for the number 6677 and end up being dissapointed that the number doesn't much.
vishnurp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 15:30   #85
BHPian

Default Mitsubishi Cedia Sports

It's this one, nine days old today!
Attached Images

DrunkenMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 16:56   #86
MAS
Senior - BHPian

My first drive was the Santro LS - 12 June 2001. I still own the car, well maintained and is a pleasure to drive even though it has clocked over 55 K kms
MAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 17:03   #87
BHPian

My first car was Ambaasador 1975 model, older than me. It came home when, I was at the age of 15.
Antonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 18:11   #88
BHPian

My first 'new' car was a beautiful 2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro. I used to stay in Chicago that time, and according to the dealer, my car (which I bought in July 2000) was one of the very first 2001 model year A4s in Chicago area. What a beautiful car and what a joy to drive! Out of all things I miss in my life, I miss that car the most.

Here are a couple of pictures:

What was your first 'new car'?-cd23.jpg

What was your first 'new car'?-untitled24.jpg
Dr.AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 20:09   #89
BHPian

my first new car was bought in 2004 may and it is fiat 1.6 petra done 1,10k km in it.
rupinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2010, 20:24   #90
BHPian

My first new car was a Corsa Sail 1.4 in 2005. While it did not have features like ABS or Airbags, it did have lights on the dash for ABS at a time when not even bigger cars in India had ABS. Come to think of it, when i bought a Honda City ZX in 2008, even Fiesta did not have ABS or Airbags and i guess even ZX introduced Airbags and ABS only to counter SX4.
venkateshkm is offline   Reply With Quote