Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 21st January 2008, 14:44   #631
Senior - BHPian

Bit OT but, the base Octavias are decently priced IMHO. I bought the 1.9TDi Ambiente for roughly 11L OTR and the 1.8TPi Rider for 11.88 OTR.

But yes, they have totally lost the plot with the Fabia pricing.
shuvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 15:39   #632
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
well if u wanted to proove that skoda does not sell. YOu have not succeeded. By you saying they dont sell, their sales dont go down.
ok, i am impressed by your well-researched arguments and your detailed description on why skoda is selling in huge #s. you win.
LLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 16:04   #633
Distinguished - BHPian

We can go around this pricing/demand loop for ever: time only can give the answer.

It is not speculation for individuals to tell if we would buy the car
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 18:44   #634
BHPian

Just spoke to a dealer here (Silvertone). The OTR prices in Gurgaon are:

Model Petrol Diesel
Active - 5.41 6.47
Classic - 5.80 6.85
Ambiente - 6.43 7.70
Elegance - 7.32 8.27

The diesel variant deliveries are on with a waiting of 20 days & the petrol version is due to be available in early March as per the dealer's information.
rmonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 20:02   #635
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mods

Please use this thread to discuss delivery, pricing and market positioning of the Fabia

Roads tests, car features can be discussed here (Skoda Fabia Diesel : First impression & brief test drive)

Last edited by ajmat : 21st January 2008 at 20:04.
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2008, 20:40   #636
BHPian

Hi everyone.

I am a potential Fabia buyer (next 4-5 months), considering at the petrol Ambiente version (although those projector lamps in the Elegance version do look wicked!) along with the Swift at this point (am open to others too). My choice of small car is driven by horrendous Delhi traffic, although I could afford to get a Civic/Octavia/Laura/Corolla/Cedia, so 6.5 lakhs is something I would consider if I liked the car enough.

The point I am making is that there must be 3,000-4,000 people like me in India in the next 12 months who are choosing cars based on practicality, with cost being a secondary (although not irrelevant) consideration. And if the Fabia indeed gives me the feeling of solidity and luxury in a small car, as Autocar India claims in its review, I may well go for it even if it is overpriced in comparison to others.

Essentially, I am willing to pay a premium for European solidity, however fantastic Japanese cars may be.
Car Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 04:20   #637
BHPian

I have test driven SX4, Honda City, Swift Diesel on the same day. On the same day I checked the Fabia too(Could not get a test drive as they do not have test drive car in HYD). Among all, Fabia stands out and impressed me a lot.

I liked Fabia for its exceptional build and inside space. Its much better than Swift in looks, space, interior quality, features. It has a solid feel and interiors are too good. The car feels and looks like a very expensive car. The rear leg space is good and much better than Swift( as good as SX4).

Appears like its only the price that actually is not appealing. Otherwise, there is no stopping for Fabia
Mallikarjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 07:21   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Well I have 2 prospective Fabia buyers in my office already. One is a VP and the other is a Director.

They are looking for a small car which has all the features solidly built and don't really need boot space. They need a car easy to drive in traffic.

Both of them are impressed with the Fabia. Budget/Mileage/A.S.S is really not a big concern for them.

So is my experience with my colleagues. One top manager now wants to get it as a second car.

Nevertheless, there were atleast 10-15 other colleagues who were very excited earlier but dropped the idea once they saw the price. I guess skoda could have captured this market to certain extent if the pricing didn't tread into Verna/fiesta range.

In my opinion petrol fabia is resonably priced.

I also have some concerns about what a 3 cylinder PD engine can add to the image of the car. Imagine boasting about the latest technology, build quality etc and when it comes to the actual go, what you actually have is a not so fast, noisy car.
badri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 18:43   #639

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodbijlani View Post
any updates on when the base petrol will be available?
base as in active? as far as i know, all petrol versions will take a month or so.
gunjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 18:53   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonie View Post
Just spoke to a dealer here (Silvertone). The OTR prices in Gurgaon are:

Model Petrol Diesel
Active - 5.41 6.47
Classic - 5.80 6.85
Ambiente - 6.43 7.70
Elegance - 7.32 8.27

The diesel variant deliveries are on with a waiting of 20 days & the petrol version is due to be available in early March as per the dealer's information.
on-road? i too live in gurgaon man. enquired from a friend living in saket. syas the diesel elegance would go upto 8.9lks.
are you sure of this pricing?
rev up.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:02   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallikarjun View Post
I have test driven SX4, Honda City, Swift Diesel on the same day. On the same day I checked the Fabia too(Could not get a test drive as they do not have test drive car in HYD). Among all, Fabia stands out and impressed me a lot.

I liked Fabia for its exceptional build and inside space. Its much better than Swift in looks, space, interior quality, features. It has a solid feel and interiors are too good. The car feels and looks like a very expensive car. The rear leg space is good and much better than Swift( as good as SX4).

Appears like its only the price that actually is not appealing. Otherwise, there is no stopping for Fabia
the price maybe not appealing..but i think its justified..not completely..the diesel ones are slightly overpriced..agreed. but its targeted at an audience that is willing to pay a premium.
for those who cant pay as much, there is always the active, classic and even the ambient(petrol).
fair enough.
rev up.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2008, 23:05   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev up.. View Post
on-road? i too live in gurgaon man. enquired from a friend living in saket. syas the diesel elegance would go upto 8.9lks.
are you sure of this pricing?

these are gurgaon prices with haryana registration

prices in delhi will be more,as registration is expensive in delhi
ankit.jhamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 15:38   #643
BHPian

I checked out the Fabia in pune, here are the details

Diesel will be available in Classic, ambinete and Elegance

Pricing is as follows for the diesel variants

7.2 lacs OTR Classic
8. something OTR Ambinete
8.66 lacs OTR Elegance

There is only one petrol model priced at 7.66 OTR in Elegance.

The Car is really good to look at and nicely built, however i wish they has priced it 50K less, then it would be VFM.
partypest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 17:13   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypest View Post

7.2 lacs OTR Classic
8. something OTR Ambinete
8.66 lacs OTR Elegance
Killer pricing....

Does it make sense???? Or I am the only one feeling this is utter non sense...
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2008, 11:39   #645
Senior - BHPian

Saw a white Fabia today on the roads. Could only manage a rear and three quarter rear view as it was moving in front of me. It left me totally unimpressed. Looks a LOT like the Swift - much more like the Swift then I thought it would. I don't see a reason for buying this car.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote