Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 9th February 2008, 12:28   #706
BHPian

I saw a Fabia at a traffic signal last evening. It really stood out in the crowd and must say it looks quite regal, IMHO.
sreenidhibr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 13:31   #707
BHPian

The sadly done Fabia i referred to in my last post is the one which Busa has posted as a link Doesnt look very bad in the pic as only part of it is seen. But believe me, see the entire thing and it looks sad. The worst being those cheap looking Sparco mud flaps hanging around behind the tires. What a waste of a nice looking car.
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 23:32   #708
BHPian

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenidhibr View Post
I saw a Fabia at a traffic signal last evening. It really stood out in the crowd and must say it looks quite regal, IMHO.
I saw one standing ideally in an early morning where no other cars around. I had a deep look at all of it sides and also had a peek inside. It didn't really impress me. I will not agree to anyone says its bigger than other cars in its segment, or a beautiful car. Its not a head-turner.

Last edited by agbenny : 9th February 2008 at 23:34. Reason: Typos.
agbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2008, 23:48   #709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
I saw one standing ideally in an early morning where no other cars around. I had a deep look at all of it sides and also had a peek inside. It didn't really impress me. I will not agree to anyone says its bigger than other cars in its segment, or a beautiful car. Its not a head-turner.
Yesterday, overtook a Fabia on the highway at about 70- 80 kmph. It sounded really loud.

Had expected a bit of sound as everybody has mentioned the point here. But this sounds too loud compared to modern diesels. I know this cant be a conclusion, as the car could have been in lower gears, but just a first impression i got.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2008, 00:09   #710
Team-BHP Support

When I sit in the comfort of my balcony on the 8th floor of my apartment I often mistake the Fabia for a Swift with a nicely put in sunroof. These are late evening times and I am mostly under the influence of my trusted shots of Vodka. But my teetotaler friends think likewise.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2008, 02:30   #711
BANNED

Default It's a slow mover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
When I sit in the comfort of my balcony on the 8th floor of my apartment I often mistake the Fabia for a Swift with a nicely put in sunroof.
Huh! That means you were still sober. Once you're drunk then Fabia looks much different from other cars according to many. But then you should also be a hardcore Skoda fanboy to make out all the differences.

Jokes apart, now I'm getting unending phone calls from the Skoda dealers here offering some good deals for the Fabia. According to some marketing executives, the car was overbooked before it was even launched. Now, what happened? When will Skoda understand?
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2008, 03:11   #712
Senior - BHPian

one fabia just overtook me when i was coming back from office yesterday and boy it was making a lot of noise, well it sounded more like indica cab cars :-/
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2008, 03:20   #713
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Huh! That means you were still sober. Once you're drunk then Fabia looks much different from other cars according to many. But then you should also be a hardcore Skoda fanboy to make out all the differences.
Very true, I was indeed sober and I sure am a Skoda fan but I couldn't notice any differences between the Fabia and the Swift at a distance. Not something significant to justify the 2L price difference externally! But sit in the Fabia and you know what you pay for. Its a drivers car not the onlookers .
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2008, 10:50   #714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Yesterday, overtook a Fabia on the highway at about 70- 80 kmph. It sounded really loud. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
one fabia just overtook me when i was coming back from office yesterday and boy it was making a lot of noise, well it sounded more like indica cab cars :-/
It sounds like a tractor! I was standing next to one 2 days back when it was started up. Bad, bad, bad.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2008, 10:56   #715
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
It sounds like a tractor! I was standing next to one 2 days back when it was started up. Bad, bad, bad.
I din't know how to put it in a nicer way so din't post but that's exactly how i felt when I walked passed by an idling one. My alto was sounding better when one cylinder wasn't working.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2008, 15:34   #716
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Very true, I was indeed sober and I sure am a Skoda fan but I couldn't notice any differences between the Fabia and the Swift at a distance. Not something significant to justify the 2L price difference externally! But sit in the Fabia and you know what you pay for. Its a drivers car not the onlookers .
Does your palio look like a tank when viewed from the 8th floor balcony in the evening?
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2008, 20:03   #717

Smile

Hi,everybody I have just owned the Fabia,off course after reading all the reviews..The Classic Satin Grey version costed me 7.4 on road.Umm.The vechicle plus points i found are definetly the dual airbags,integrated dual din mp3 with aux port stereo
off course it be topped up with a parkotronic, all the power windows have auto down,and obstacle sensors.and also all the 4 power windows can be operated with the key.the a/c is the best.tilt and rack steering was an additional comfort.overall the comfort is good.with 300ltr boot,no questions to it.
like Skoda the doors get locked on reaching 15kmph.

driving experience:yes as you all mentioned it noisy from outside.inside i dont feel much.however the pick up is good not gr8 though.somehow the 2nd gear drive is very much better than the 1st gear.

negative points: 1.noise off course not much from inside
2.we need to give the key for uel
3.only one reversing light is present.the other is used up for the rear fog light

Im giving my review fot the 1st time.and pls excuse if u find something wrong.
praneethv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2008, 22:39   #718
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to our first Fabia owner!

Please tell us as much as you can about your new car, as you get to know it.

Assuming you bought the diesel, yes? Did you look at the petrol range at all?
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2008, 22:41   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praneethv View Post
The Classic Satin Grey version costed me 7.4 on road.Umm.The vechicle plus points i found are definetly the dual airbags,integrated dual din mp3 with aux port stereo, off course it be topped up with a parkotronic, all the power windows have auto down,and obstacle sensors.and also all the 4 power windows can be operated with the key.the a/c is the best.tilt and rack steering was an additional comfort.
I am sure that is pretty well loaded for classic. Is that the entry level model?

Quote:
what??

Quote:
Im giving my review fot the 1st time.and pls excuse if u find something wrong.
Why don't you spend some more time and put a detailed report with pics et al...
gkrishn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2008, 22:45   #720
Senior - BHPian

[quote=praneethv;717900].......
negative points: 1.noise off course not much from inside
3.only one reversing light is present.the other is used up for the rear fog light

Single reversing lamp?
No remote fuel lid opener?
3 cyl engine? And a boisy one at that?
Poor pick up?
And not to mention resemblance to a car which costs at least 2 lakh less?

All this even after paying a hefty price? Boy, you have got to be a die-hard Skoda fan to be buying this car. I mean some one who is so much blinded by the Skoda badge that nothing else matters to him.

pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote