Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2008, 17:36   #406
BHPian

Fabia available only in Diesel till March?

Just now I spoke to the hyderabad dealer and they say there is no petrol variant available immediately. Atleast till March.
The prices in HYD are 7.25 lakhs for basic diesel version and 8.27 lakhs for high end diesel (with out sun/moon roof).

At these prices, and when you compare with Swift/Fiesta Diesel, I doubt how this will fare...
Old 7th January 2008, 18:45   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallikarjun View Post
Just now I spoke to the hyderabad dealer and they say there is no petrol variant available immediately. Atleast till March.
The prices in HYD are 7.25 lakhs for basic diesel version and 8.27 lakhs for high end diesel (with out sun/moon roof).

At these prices, and when you compare with Swift/Fiesta Diesel, I doubt how this will fare...
Are you sure about these prices because a guy from Autobahn here in Mumbai told me it will be maximum 7.5 lacks for the top end diesel OTR mumbai .Personally i dont think it will be that cheap but pricing the top end diesel above 7.5 lack is gonna bring the number of Fabias on the road down quite substantially . Over 7.5 just wont work .
Old 7th January 2008, 18:52   #408
BHPian

Quote:

Guys wait for the price.Skoa India will reveal the prices of the variants only at the time of Auto show.Nobody even the dealers doest know the prices.So please dont believe the dealers about the prices.
Old 7th January 2008, 19:11   #409
Senior - BHPian

All the news on TV qoute the price to be between 5L and 6.5L.
Old 7th January 2008, 19:24   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Thats makes it almost 7lac-ish OTR for the top end.

Nice pricing.

Just for comparison, VDi costs 5.55 OTR here at Tvm.
Old 7th January 2008, 19:59   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Ya i saw that too but they keep saying that the Fabia will be available with 3 engine options a 1.2 petrol 1.4 peetrol and 1.4 diesel with 80 hp so i think they are also guessing. We just have to wait and watch what happens because if it is 5 - 6.5 they have one customer for sure.
Old 7th January 2008, 20:28   #412
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans View Post
1.4 diesel with 80 hp
80BHP?? I was told it was somewhere near 69!
Old 7th January 2008, 20:45   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
80BHP?? I was told it was somewhere near 69!
"Twist the key of this 80bhp 1.4-litre TDI model and you're left in no doubt that it's a diesel. But on the move, the rumble of the three-cylinder quietens down - particularly on the motorway. And with lots of low-rev punch, it's a gutsy performer. The unit is frugal as well, returning combined fuel economy of 61.4mpg."

Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDI Car Reviews | New SKoda Fabia 1.4 | 2007 Skoda Fabia Cars Review

Maybe it wasnt detuned for India.

edit! dont forget to check the alloy in that page !
Old 8th January 2008, 11:05   #414
BHPian

Yes..I spoke to Mahavir Auto this morning again. This is what they say :

Diesel variant on road prices in HYD are - 7.30(Classic), 8.30(ambiente) and 8.86(elegance- for the sun/moon roof version)

I don't think the dealers will give the price just like that. This might be the price they(Skoda) are planning to launch.

If these are the launch prices, I am sure, we will hear some reduction in price in next 6 months "due to localisation of parts"
Old 8th January 2008, 11:30   #415
BHPian

Quote:

Diesel variant on road prices in HYD are - 7.30(Classic), 8.30(ambiente) and 8.86(elegance- for the sun/moon roof version)

I don't think the dealers will give the price just like that. This might be the price they(Skoda) are planning to launch.
no but there is something fishy in it. dealers in the same city provide different details. everyone has an indigenous piece of info.

why not wait, rather? its not going to be long that skoda itself declare their prices.
Old 8th January 2008, 11:52   #416
BHPian

Quote:

If these are the launch prices, I am sure, we will hear some reduction in price in next 6 months "due to localisation of parts"
If those prices are real then I can vouch for failure of this car. Lets wait and see.

I am going to the dealer to get my booking money back on the very day they announce these prices. These prices for sure are insane. Skoda might be thinking they are the Rolls-Royce in India or like somebody already mentioned they might smoking weed or something.
Old 8th January 2008, 12:06   #417
Senior - BHPian

Checked the Site - Nothing as of now. I thought it's official launch was today BUT I suppose it is going to be the 10th at Auto Expo.

I still have a gut feeling that Pricing will not be that high as quoted here. I think it is going to be 7 Lacs or so OTR for top end model which is still 1 lac over the Getz CRDi.

Lets see.
Old 8th January 2008, 12:29   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Checked the Site - Nothing as of now. I thought it's official launch was today BUT I suppose it is going to be the 10th at Auto Expo.

I still have a gut feeling that Pricing will not be that high as quoted here. I think it is going to be 7 Lacs or so OTR for top end model which is still 1 lac over the Getz CRDi.

Lets see.
true. it cant be that high-i dont think skoda people would want the car to bomb after there has so much talk and more talk and some more talk of the car. they have a nice platform and they would like to cash in.
Old 8th January 2008, 14:27   #419
tez
BHPian

"Patience has its virtues" my dear friends. Wait and watch skoda falter with prices
Old 8th January 2008, 14:39   #420
BANNED

so i was in on hughes road over the weekend in the night at about half 10 a silver car pops up right next to me. i look to the side and its homazard sorabjee in a silver car, i look around a little more and its a top end fabia in silver. for sure it was a petrol. i found it damn small, looks diffrent on the roads since all silver things on road look to me like a swift. and this one too if u dont get into details. for about under 9 laks this things is crap, but i know for sure it will sell since too many skoda lovers are around. they will be thinking its a damn good deal. personally id look elsewhere

Most Viewed