Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
Old 28th December 2007, 18:26   #1
Default Popular Hyundai accused for Fraud with proof: Sold repaired car as new!!!

Popular Hyundai of trivandrum is been accused for selling off a repaired Santro after major crash on MRP as a brand new vehicle to a doctor. The car was repaired 6 months ago after a major crash and cost claimed from ICICI. Read the orginal report by the customer
We had a very painful experience with your dealer in Trivandrum, Kerala - Popular Hyundai (Located at H.J Towers, Niramankara, Near Old Bridge Karamana, Thiruvananthpuram, 682019).

On 22 Dec 2007 Saturday night, we unsuspectingly purchased a Santro XL, Dynasty Red car in the name of my father. From here our troubles began - on our way home, we found that the AC was not working and the car was rattling and the rear wheels were wobbling – we immediately reported this to the dealer and they promised to come and check the car on Monday.

On closer inspection of the car on Sunday 23rd Dec 2007, we found several reasons to believe that the car was not new. On examination of the interiors of the car, we found a paper which they had unknowingly forgotten to remove from the car. The paper was a Repair Order from Popular Hyundai, bearing the Vehicle Identification Number and Engine Number of the car we had just purchased (I am attaching a photo of the identification plate of the car along with the repair order showing the matching numbers). This document clearly indicates that this car was in a severe accident 6 months ago – and has had significant repair work done on it, including replacement of major structural and mechanical elements (Please see attached Repair order pg 2). Subsequently the car was relegated to the delivery lot at Popular Hyundai, remaining there for 6 months before it was sold to us – as a brand new car – at full price!! By God’s grace we found the Repair Order, else Popular Hyundai would have successfully palmed off a defective car to us and made a profit on it

In this instance, my family have purchased a new Santro Xing XL AND have booked a Verna Xxi – ABS (thankfully not yet delivered as the colour was not available) at the same time, from Popular Hyundai. [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica

When I informed the dealer, they have accepted the fault and have said it is a mistake on their part – but this is not the end of the matter – they should not be allowed to dupe other people.

News report: An unpopular purchase - Newindpress.com[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 28th December 2007 at 18:28.
Old 28th December 2007, 18:30   #2
Team-BHP Support

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rivandrum.html (Shocking News about Popular Hyundai, Trivandrum)

Already being discussed here
Old 28th December 2007, 18:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

There is already a thread on this here .
Old 28th December 2007, 18:30   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Dude there exists a thread which was put up two days ago regarding the same matter. Please visit our forum more frequently

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rivandrum.html (Shocking News about Popular Hyundai, Trivandrum)
Old 28th December 2007, 18:33   #5
Team-BHP Support

Note from Moderator : Thank you, fellows. This thread is closed.
Closed Thread