Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 3rd January 2008, 00:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

OMG! What strategy is this? First the 50K discount, now the 12K hike. They should have atleast waited till the new year!

@Hemanth, would you mind TDing the Santro/WagonR? I think Santro should be a better deal. Dealers are also throwing in freebies I heard, since Santro's sales are cannibalized by its own sibling, i10. IMO, Indica XETA might not be a good vehicle for ladies. You can ask her to TD XETA and Santro and then decide.
blue_pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 00:53   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Originally Posted by bkm View Post
the booking of spark during the discount period was very impressive.I booked the vehicle also on 22nd Oct , still to get the delivery .
Congrats on the car.

You are right about the booking. Heard the dealers claim so many of them.
Originally Posted by bkm View Post
Crazy Driver , please do not make statement which is not authenticated.
Nov- 2007 sales of Spark+ U-VA came to 2520 units only!
Oct- 2007 sales when 50k discount was there was 3441 units (spark+U-VA).

After the launch of Spark, this (Nov-2007) is the 3rd lowest sales figure, there were better figures in the previous months!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd January 2008 at 00:55.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 08:25   #18

Originally Posted by Hemanth View Post
Hi friends,
I was considering buying a Spark for my wife
.Considering Indica Xeta since the usage is very less.
My bad Should have read your post clearly. Yes i agree Xeta may be troubling your wife because you need to imagine the front as you will not be able to see the bonnet. BTW I am 6 and i still imagine and drive. If you feel your wife can get adjusted, you can go for it. Else Spark or Alto or even Santro where you can see the bonnet at least a bit would help her a lot in bumper to bumper traffic and parking. BTW i don't want to turn this into a What Car Thread Good luck!
TrueDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 09:06   #19

Originally Posted by Hemanth View Post
Initially I was planning for a used Alto, but since there were price cuts I had to stretch my budget and had planned for spark since we had owned one during Matiz days. Now i am considering the idea of buying a Xeta. Still confused, will decide within a week.
Xeta might not be a very comfortable vehicle for a lady to drive around. If you and your wife really like the Spark, then go ahead with it. You will probably pay the EMI for a few more months but atleast you wil have the car that you like .

If you can wait for a couple of months, I'm sure GM would again start giving discounts when new cars from other stables start rolling out.
thangu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2008, 19:29   #20
Default Spark - Go for it

I feel Spark is class apart as compared to Santro, Xeta, Alto etc. If you can afford additional 12k then please go for it.

It's truly a drivers car with superb manovurability.
prabhatmilan is offline   Reply With Quote