Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 18th May 2007, 23:00   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Ofcourse it is! Havent they priced it at 8.3L for the non-AC version?

Maybe we should do a comparison here on what the Toyota offers more at the same price point than a Tata Safari LX (apart from quality and reliability. ).
2.5 EV (Diesel) MS

7.23L for Innova E.

Tata Safari 4x2 LX Dicor BS 3 is 7.25 lakh

I don't know how you could not discuss build quality. But at the same price, build quality is probably definitely higher for the Toyota.
Old 19th May 2011, 11:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Innova

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but, the facelifted Innova will be launched in Indonesia soon. Here are the reports (with images):

2012 Toyota Innova Facelift Emerges

Toyota Innova facelift spotted in Indonesia: Will it make it to India? | IndianCarsBikes.in

Since the engine specs are the same as in India, hope this is launched in India soon.
Old 19th May 2011, 13:31   #18
BHPian

Yes. Saw them. I heard that Toyota (from ACI or some mag long time back) did not know how to improve an already winning formula. Hence they just pitch in with a mild facelift. An all new model is still years away or until the sales of Innova fall due to some serious competition.
Old 19th May 2011, 20:12   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Yes. Saw them. I heard that Toyota (from ACI or some mag long time back) did not know how to improve an already winning formula. Hence they just pitch in with a mild facelift.
On the other hand a friend of mine told that Innova might be discontinued from November and is going to be replaced by another model [Avanza?]. He said he got the info from a dealership. I am not sure of this news, someone could confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
or until the sales of Innova fall due to some serious competition.
I dont think Toyota follows this funda. Innova replaced Qualis when it was still setting the sales charts on fire !
Old 20th May 2011, 00:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
On the other hand a friend of mine told that Innova might be discontinued from November and is going to be replaced by another model [Avanza?]. He said he got the info from a dealership. I am not sure of this news, someone could confirm.

I dont think Toyota follows this funda. Innova replaced Qualis when it was still setting the sales charts on fire !
Avanza is a segment smaller and cannot be a replacement. I was in indonesia last month and travelled extensively in Avanza, Innova and Alphard

the Alphard looks very good - see Toyota Alphard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

most of the Innovas and All the Avanzas in indonesia are gasoline because it is cheaper there compared to diesel
Old 20th May 2011, 01:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

Well, I would certainly trust the japs to do what our desi brands can't even think about. Replacing a well selling model. Honda did it time and again with the City, Toyota did it with the Qualis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
...the Alphard looks very good...
Isn't this a bit too big to be a Innova replacement? looks bigger to me, in the photos atleast. Have seen quite a few vans(Toyota/Nissan) of this size used by the diplomats in Delhi.

OT:
Quote:
... in indonesia are gasoline because it is cheaper there compared to diesel
aah... gas is always cheaper on the other side!
Have heard similar things about Pak, Bangladesh!

Last edited by Dry Ice : 20th May 2011 at 01:54. Reason: OT
Old 20th May 2011, 10:51   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Isn't this a bit too big to be a Innova replacement? looks bigger to me, in the photos atleast.
Found the details from the web - Alphard is definitely bigger. In Wiki the price is given as $40,000 which converts to 20L INR. This looks like a luxury offering from Toyota. So I guess this will not be the replacement.

Alphard Specs:
  • Length : 4,890 mm (192.5 in)
  • Width : 1,830 mm (72.0 in)
  • Height : 1,915 mm (75.4 in)
  • Wheelbase : 2,915 mm (114.8 in)
Innova Specs:
  • Length : 4580 mm
  • Width : 1770 mm
  • Height : 1755 mm
  • Wheelbase : 2750 mm

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 20th May 2011 at 10:55.
Old 20th May 2011, 12:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

New 2012 Innova Spied | Autocar India
Most likely the Innova would be going upmarket and the low end MUV segment being taken by the Avanza. Problem for the time being is the lack of diesel engine for the Avanza.
And also lack of clarity from Toyota's part whether it is the Avanza or the MUV on Etios platform. Me hope it is the former.
Old 20th May 2011, 12:14   #24
BHPian

From the pictures, doesn't it look like an Alphard wannabe head- on, and uncannily similar to a Wagon R at the rear? But has to admit that this new face looks impressive.

Oh, the Alphard is way too sophisticated than an Innova. There is no Diesel in the Alphard lineup, and it belongs to a rather unique class of vehicles from Japan. Not an MPV like the Sprinter or a minivan like the Caravan/ Voyager. It is very popular in some parts of SE Asia. And you can find a number of them in Hong Kong.
Old 20th May 2011, 13:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Isn't this a bit too big to be a Innova replacement? looks bigger to me, in the photos atleast. Have seen quite a few vans(Toyota/Nissan) of this size used by the diplomats in Delhi.
It cannot be a replacement. Sorry if my post seemed to imply that. The prices I found for this and the Vellfire (same platform slightly diff exteriors) seemed between INR 40-60 lakhs in Indonesia! I just wanted to introduce this model. On our trip back from Bali, this easily seated 6 adults, 4 kids and took in all their luggage including a pram!
Old 20th May 2011, 14:06   #26
BHPian

Im a little disappointed to see facelift images ! While they have done a good job, i was hoping for something more major and spectacular. They had announced that they will build a new Innova on the existing IMV platform and will reskin it. The Innova has been a perfect car and they cant do much to improve it in terms of size and therefore a re-skinning of the car on the existing platform was finalized. VW has done the same with the New Passat which is a re-skinned previous gen Passat.
Old 20th May 2011, 22:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Found the details from the web ...
Thanks for the numbers swiftnfurious!

Quote:
It cannot be a replacement. Sorry if my post seemed to imply that. The prices I found for this and the Vellfire (same platform slightly diff exteriors) seemed between INR 40-60 lakhs in Indonesia! I just wanted to introduce this model. On our trip back from Bali, this easily seated 6 adults, 4 kids and took in all their luggage including a pram!
Woah! thats some amount of haulin' the van did there. It looks kinda quirky though! I mean not too much, but its right on the border.

Now with the Fortuner facelift news, wonder if Toyota is trying to 'refresh' its lineup.
Old 26th May 2011, 19:30   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the numbers swiftnfurious!

Woah! thats some amount of haulin' the van did there. It looks kinda quirky though! I mean not too much, but its right on the border.

Now with the Fortuner facelift news, wonder if Toyota is trying to 'refresh' its lineup.
Quirky or not - pretty luxurious inside - multi zone climate control, electrically operated seats, double sunroof (powered), slick engine and what now. My kids wanted me to sell the Innova and buy one of these
Old 22nd July 2011, 22:33   #29
Team-BHP Support

Please continue the discussion in the new thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ationally.html

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd July 2011 at 22:34.
Closed Thread