Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 4th January 2008, 09:53   #1
BHPian

Default Car sales dip as customers wait for more launches

Source: Car sales dip as customers wait for more launches- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

This is an interesting side to the dip in sales. I guess everyone is eying the Auto Expo next week to check on new launches
askicode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2008, 10:57   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

No surprise there; the want to have the latest is a universal phenomena the world over. Also, car sales dip since potential buyers would be waiting for 2008 model year cars for better resale.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2008, 11:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

Heard from atleast 2 car dealers that news of Tata's 1L car is affecting their sales a lot.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2008, 11:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Heard from atleast 2 car dealers that news of Tata's 1L car is affecting their sales a lot.
I do not think that this is will affect other car sales a lot. Car buyers buy car after fixing their budget & features. All these while we had maruti 800 and still all other cars ranging from 4 lacs to 20lacs was selling. AFAIK no one said 800 is reducing their car sales.

If that is the case, I wonder how TATA will bring a compititor to their own Indica and others. So, I would say this will sell in parallel with other cars.

May be 2 wheeler buyers will think of this as an alternative but still considering the petrol price, mileage, parking issue etc not all buyers will move to this. So, this may be good for second car in most family. just my opinion.

Anyway, its just a few days wait to know the real peoples car!!!
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2008, 11:14   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
I do not think that this is will affect other car sales a lot. Car buyers buy car after fixing their budget & features.
Speaking for myself, I would look at the Tata1 seriously in addition to another mainstream car.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2008, 11:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

I am waiting for Tata's 1L car to just to see if its possible to plank that 650 Diesel unit to Bike Chasis , as its very cheap and far better option then other single cylender 150-500 CC indian catagory.
Sorry for the off topic.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote