Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 12th January 2008, 18:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hi mrKanitkar,

If you like NHC CVT go head and buy it and barigain hard for discounts its worth it trust me compared to i10.

i10 AT is ideal choice in small cars nothing else.

NHC CVT on other hand is best choice in AT versions if you ask me.

If you need only small AT car then i10 is good choice. But if you are interested in NHV CVT no match with i10.

My requirement is I need small toy for me and my wife just to travel short distance so we might buy i10 AT and If more than 4 people travel we take innova else i10 for very small distance city driving, here i10 is ideal choice.

If you look as overall package and need for city/highway driving choose NHC CVT.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2008, 18:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkanitkar View Post
Guys,
I just want to buy i10 auto right now. Kothari Hyundai sales girl tells me, it may get launch in Autoexpo on 10th Jan, if not then, Feb 08 for sure.
They confirmed that car is just there. Sanjay Hyundai also confirmed same. BUT bookings are not open neither specs.
I am hoping for the best, if it don't come by Feb sometime, I will either buy WagonR AT or Honda city CVT.
Wagon R AT. Why?. I presume you have owner's feedback. Better to wait for i10 AT or buy Honda CVT/Santro AT (if available)
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2008, 19:53   #18
BHPian

Ravi,
My travel will be just 25 Kms a day, in city only. It will not be on highway at all. I am trying to avoid driving big car on narrow roads in city.

Vasudeva,
The moment I realised Wagon R AT issues, I am moving to Honda CVT.

Small AT is my real need, which will help me to drive in Pune city. I will be alone in car, so no occupants.
mrkanitkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2008, 21:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

I suggest wait for i10 AT its worth a wait for your requirement. I prefer i10 over Santro.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2008, 23:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkanitkar View Post
Ravi,
My travel will be just 25 Kms a day, in city only. It will not be on highway at all. I am trying to avoid driving big car on narrow roads in city.

Small AT is my real need, which will help me to drive in Pune city. I will be alone in car, so no occupants.

Seeing that a small AT is your need, and budget is not a problem, i10 is the one that suits your need the best. It is more comfortable and a better car compared to Santro AT and WagonR AT.
burnt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2008, 08:36   #21
BHPian

I had sent a mail to Hyundai customer care last month .. got a reply from them (someone with designation C C - Sales, South Regional Office on 18/12) that " i10 AT will be available in a month's time."
rishia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 21:35   #22
BHPian

Any updates regarding expected launch dates?
sharad_agl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 11:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

the i10 would be launched at a later period and i am sure it would be costing 1 lakh more than the coresponding manual model,it would be in the same lines as the santro auto.this was costing 1 lakh more than the coresponding manual model.

ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 11:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai should either launch it or not. This business of booking without commitment is totally sharp business practice. That means Hyundai is not sure of volumes. It shall take your booking money and when there are enough booking volumes, then produce that much. Sharp way of controlling your production/surplus at the expense of the customer. If there are not enough volumes and it refunds or gives an option of replacing it with the manual. Caveat emptor. Unless you are totally desperate and love Hyundai, buy only what you see and not a pie in the sky.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 15:01   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
the i10 would be launched at a later period and i am sure it would be costing 1 lakh more than the coresponding manual model,it would be in the same lines as the santro auto.this was costing 1 lakh more than the coresponding manual model.

ram
Realistically, we should expect a 40 - 60K tag on the automatic i10. Indian perceptions toward automatics are steadily changing, and I am dead sure Hyundai will consider this, when pricing the i10 auto. Priced well, the i10 automatic will be the perfect urban commuter.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 16:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Yeah i hope they dont price it above 60k for the AT. But I still
feel i10 is overpriced for its 1.1 engine. The interiors might be good,
but for a car at that range we atleast expect a 1.2 l engine.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 21:18   #27
Senior - BHPian

gto,santro xg was costing 4.2 lakh when i bought my santro.the automatic was costing arround 5.1 at that time.it was costing almost a lakh more than the coresponding manual.the automatic came with the same features of santro xg.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2008, 01:04   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Yeah i hope they dont price it above 60k for the AT. But I still
feel i10 is overpriced for its 1.1 engine. The interiors might be good,
but for a car at that range we atleast expect a 1.2 l engine.
OT!
I guess, a 1.1 would give the manufacturer some form of excise benefit, compared to a 1.2. Something to do with the GoI's definition of a small car,if i am not mistaken!
jagan0677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2008, 11:12   #29
BHPian

i10 Auto spotted (Santro GLS Automatic is available again) by t-bhp member dicorex4x4 shouldn't be too long before it's launched.. unless thats just for export.. keeping fingers crossed..
rishia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2008, 17:49   #30
BHPian

i10 automatic launched with the Kappa engine
HYUNDAI MOTOR INDIA - Hyundai i10

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th July 2008 at 17:57. Reason: Removed Size & color tags
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote