Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 16th July 2008, 17:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

Excellant positioning with good safety features backed up with luxury!

I am looking forward to grab one within 1 year.

Magna makes sense If we need this i10 Auto only for City use and Asta is wonderfull package If we use this as primary car for city and highway use and price is too good I would say, ranges between 5.2 lacs to 6.2 lacs aproximately in Bangalore on road. Perfectly priced.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 09:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

Finally, Hyundai has launched an AT in i-10/i-20 (whatever). This opens up a whole new set of options for people wanting a decent AT in the compact segment. Previously, you had to pay more than 8 for a good AT-City. I do not know how FE it is, but definitely should be lower than the City's. However, it is also cheaper by more than 3, which is perhaps the most important factor. Hyundai's existing ATs are a lot better than Maruti's horrible and obsolete ATs (and cars) which praise the Lord, do not sell.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 10:36   #33

Default Prices for Sportz & Asta in Bangalore.

All,
Just received a call from Trident in Bangalore. Sportz automatic to cost Rs.5.44 lakh and Asta Automatic fully loaded to cost Rs. 6.4 lakh on road in Bangalore.

Vignesh
vigneshrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 12:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

what mileage does trident quote for this AT compared to the santro aT?
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 14:57   #35

Here is what the sales person told me which I am not sure whether to believe or not. He says 9-10 in city with a 4 km drop from MT for the same spec.

In general what % of a drop we should expect, I do not know. Can anyone educate please?

Thanks
vigneshrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 15:57   #36
BHPian

I thought, it would give almost same mileage as manual in city, but less mileage on highway, I mean in general. I could be wrong.
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2008, 08:25   #37
BHPian

Default i 10 automatic

Hi Guys,
I am looking for buying i10 automatic. However I did not find any review on this forum. Any suggestions on mods, alloys are welcome.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread merged. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th July 2008 at 18:12. Reason: Use search please
mrkanitkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 18:47   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkanitkar View Post
Hi Guys,
I am looking for buying i10 automatic. However I did not find any review on this forum. Any suggestions on mods, alloys are welcome.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread merged. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.
Yes, even i am looking for some good reviews on i10 AT car. I especially want information on FE in city and highway. Can anybody share this information?
cvvikram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2008, 22:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

i10 AT would give around 9-10kmpl with AC on in City like Bangalore and on highway I am not sure my guess would be around 13kmpl.

I test drove and realized i10 AT is very easy to drive and has good pickup even with Ac on with 3 people on board.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 09:29   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvvikram View Post
Yes, even i am looking for some good reviews on i10 AT car. I especially want information on FE in city and highway. Can anybody share this information?
Our member rishia owns i10 Sportz AT. You can see his review here -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...0-kappa-8.html (Tested and Ripped: Hyundai i10 Kappa)
nithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 09:37   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
i10 AT would give around 9-10kmpl with AC on in City like Bangalore and on highway I am not sure my guess would be around 13kmpl.

I test drove and realized i10 AT is very easy to drive and has good pickup even with Ac on with 3 people on board.

Regards,

Ravi.
Thanks for sharing the information. Then without AC it would deliver around 10-11KM/L I believe. For the comfort, we may need to compromise on the mileage.
cvvikram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 10:38   #42
BHPian

I recently gone to book i10 Asta with AT, dealer in pune asked for 1 lac as booking amount with 1 month waiting. OTR is 6.2. He was not sure on delivery even for 30days. I finally decided not to book one. After doing test drive, I thought, paying 6.2 OTR is too high for A+ car, Honda city becomes good deal if I want to have AT OTR is 10.16 lac, with 50 K booking amount and assured delivery.
mrkanitkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 12:19   #43
BHPian

Mrkanitkar,

I agree 6.2 is a bit too high for small car like i10. I felt that our barebones i10 magna automatic at OTR 5 lacs was a bit high, but it is the only choice we had. But other than that the car serves its purpose (city bumper to bumper traffic) extremely well, like no other.

Like Ravibhat mentions, I've never felt the car underpowered in any situation..however handling is a weakpoint given the highprofile tyres. I'll write up a comprehensive review soon.
PraveenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 12:35   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkanitkar View Post
I recently gone to book i10 Asta with AT, dealer in pune asked for 1 lac as booking amount with 1 month waiting. OTR is 6.2. He was not sure on delivery even for 30days. I finally decided not to book one. After doing test drive, I thought, paying 6.2 OTR is too high for A+ car, Honda city becomes good deal if I want to have AT OTR is 10.16 lac, with 50 K booking amount and assured delivery.
Additionally you get 5 speed automatic in ANHC, which will be more fuel efficient in both city and highway (other than all uncomparable specs that we know). Really i10 AT petrol at 6.3 OTR in Bangalore is ridiculous. When they do launch the diesel, it will cost 7L upwards with some stripped features.
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 01:54   #45
BHPian

I got i10 AT asta for about 5.7L plus with some freebies (seat covers/perfumes etc.) OTR LKO. Car is truly serving its purpose well however I do feel the price is a bit on the higher side. I do feel good using it each time (engine, interiors, comfort). The delivery took about 3 weeks.

The average is a poor 7.8 KMPL in the city (avg commute distance 2km). While I get about 7.5 in my Civic V AT. Anyway since the total mileage is pretty low, it doesn't really matters much.
entropy is online now   Reply With Quote