Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 28th February 2008, 14:09   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
The Scorpio's interiors after the facelift looks like it had a one night stand with one of those Chinese cars. I am not speaking finish, but just the design.
Don't mean to be offensive to any owners, but thats the best description I've heard of the new Scorpio Whether you agree with the description or not, it certainly communicates exactly what it tries to.
Old 28th February 2008, 14:14   #197
BHPian

Well .. my 2 cents on Sumo Grande Vs Scorpio.

Sumo Grande may not kill the Scorpio. I have seen people simply love the Scorpio(though I do not like Scorpio for quite a few reasons).

But, my gut feeling is SumoG may challenge Scorpio. Its like India Vs Australia in cricket, where the Indians are giving the Oz' a run for their money even if they are winning more than us.
Old 28th February 2008, 14:23   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
grande is a MUV with looks of a SUV. it turns like a sedan and gives the utility of a family car. it looks fresh and appealing. its not a box as some refer it to be. its a package of goodies.
It does look like an SUV from the front. The rear is van-like, which could be negated to a certain extent with meaty bumpers that project outward a bit more.
Old 28th February 2008, 14:35   #199
BHPian

No hard feeling but never been a TATA Motor fan, IMO Scorpio is a much better package than the Sumo grande....

Long back there was a big(huge) thread in Team BHP on one of the TATA car's I only hope TATA has improved from then on in their customer interaction, after sales service and the way they present the package.

Anyways lets wait n see......
Old 28th February 2008, 19:16   #200
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by idly View Post
No hard feeling but never been a TATA Motor fan, IMO Scorpio is a much better package than the Sumo grande....

Long back there was a big(huge) thread in Team BHP on one of the TATA car's I only hope TATA has improved from then on in their customer interaction, after sales service and the way they present the package.

Go checkout the vehicle buddy and later comment on Tata's ability and you will become the fan forever

Last edited by gowda79 : 28th February 2008 at 19:20.
Old 28th February 2008, 20:46   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw two demo cars today. Much better than the old sumo but still very boxy.
Old 28th February 2008, 21:15   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idly View Post

the sumo grande package is very good. but i doubt the service station guys. right from the launch of the tata indica they have been like that with a pathetic attitude. the reason is also very simple. the tata sales guy dont have to run behind the customers and convince them to buy indica. there is no other option with the buyer when he has decided to go for a low cost diesel car. but for maruti u go to buy a 800 they will persuade u to buy alto, if u go for alto u land up in zen, if for zen u land up for swift, if swift then esteem, if esteem then sx4. these guys are fabulous in convincing people.
Old 2nd March 2008, 07:02   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Go checkout the vehicle buddy and later comment on Tata's ability and you will become the fan forever
Noted that you got a Safari in Jan 2008. Question: If you had seen the Grande before you purchased the Safari, would you have seriously considered buying this and not the Safari?
Old 2nd March 2008, 10:34   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Noted that you got a Safari in Jan 2008. Question: If you had seen the Grande before you purchased the Safari, would you have seriously considered buying this and not the Safari?
person having a safari on mind will not go for grande for whatsoever reasons. when u make up ur mind to buy a safari its altogether for different reasons.a long list of goodies and feeling of possession will go through your minds. but if u r looking strictly at budget and utility u might go for grande. so its very hard that grande will kill safari thoughts.
Old 2nd March 2008, 11:19   #205
BHPian

Is it just me, or is there a HeroHonda motorcycle on the Sumo Grande 'views' page?

Old 2nd March 2008, 12:28   #206
Senior - BHPian

The third row in Grande seems to be comfortable for adults than in Scorpio .
Old 2nd March 2008, 13:37   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Murugan : Noted that you got a Safari in Jan 2008. Question: If you had seen the Grande before you purchased the Safari, would you have seriously considered buying this and not the Safari?
It's often the other way around: We typically short list (a couple of) vehicles, and try to fit the next higher model to our budget.

A person typically doesnt down-grade - he will try to upgrade.
Old 2nd March 2008, 13:46   #208
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murugan View Post
Murugan - Safari was our dream since when it has been released and even if anyone had offered me a Endeavour also i would have gone with Safari - The King, so i don't think i would have gone with Grande.

Grande is a MUV and Safari is a SUV and we had always planned to go for a SUV and not MUV.

Grande is a good deal for the MUV market
Old 2nd March 2008, 13:48   #209
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
It's often the other way around: We typically short list (a couple of) vehicles, and try to fit the next higher model to our budget.

A person typically doesnt down-grade - he will try to upgrade.

Condor you got the point and Grande i think is a good MUV and Safari is the SUV and always person likes to go for the best.......

Last edited by gowda79 : 2nd March 2008 at 13:54.
Old 2nd March 2008, 16:48   #210
Senior - BHPian

read the autocar review of grande.

seems handling has improved(though they go on bantering about the leaf spring and had given an essay on how worse the ride quality is on bad roads).
Closed Thread