Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 21st January 2008, 12:34   #31
BHPian

Get real!! That car looks like it is still in the concept stage - panoramic roof, huge glass area, large tyres, LED and projectors for headlamps (!).
Even IF the mentioned price is true, there is no way they are gonna plonk in a 1.6L engine into an ultra-low budget car.

Tried searching for articles about this car using google and all it showed up was indian sites. I couldn't even find this car in Car Design News, the website that is watermarked in the pics. There is no mention of it in many concept cars sites too.

Does anyone have the email address of Mahindra-Renault India?

Quote:
Yes it is. check Fiat India website.
What exactly do we have to look for in this website???

The only low budget car from Renault will come from the Renault-Nissan-Bajaj tie-up.

Last edited by hyper123 : 21st January 2008 at 12:38.
Old 21st January 2008, 12:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

News channel gives all hogwash, they even said Pabia would cost 7L for the top version.

Mods - I think this thread needs to be closed, soon someone will start mailing Mini Cooper as the next rival to the Nano, should we believe it, i dont think so (:@ Rumours, ah....!
Old 21st January 2008, 12:39   #33
BHPian

In one of the pics I note the badge stating 1.6 Liter and with interiors I have my apprehensions on this being a 1.3lakh car. On the flip i dont mind it at all if i can get my hands on one and the news is true !!!!
Old 21st January 2008, 13:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Well, I'm already *hoping* its possible, and true. Though very unlikely.
Maybe tyres, seats, paintjob etc are all priced at separates.

One possible +ve fallout maybe some TAMO designers borrowing cues from this rumour (?)
Old 21st January 2008, 13:14   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post

This Car is launching in India only for Rs 1, 30,000 ( Usd 2300 / Dhs 12,000 ) Car name is: RENAULT YENI will be launching in India in collaboration with Mahindra. This is the another budget car to compete TATA and FIAT500!! and now ofcourse Bajaj's new one as well.

Photos following soon !!
on the news bajaj claimed that their car is not a budget car, infact they want to sell it at a price tag of 4 lacs.the usp of the car is efficiency and nothing else

fiat 500 can be accepted as a budget car only for those who already own rolls royce,bentley maybach etc

BUT OTHERWISE IT IS CERTINLY NOT A BUGET CAR

and aslo the yeni is least like to come for that price range cause it renault can built yani at that price then nobody would have appretiated the effort of tata in building the nano
Old 21st January 2008, 13:24   #36
BHPian

This was some hoax mail sent out. I searched and found that the car is a concept car called BeBop. The link below proves it

Renault BeBop concepts to debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show

Search for 'Renault BeBop' in google and you will get many more correct links.
Even otherwise I think it is hard to digest that this car can be given at 1.3 Lakhs and that is what lead me to the search as I was 100% sure about the news being fake.

Last edited by simonkayar : 21st January 2008 at 13:33. Reason: Correcting link
Old 21st January 2008, 13:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonkayar View Post
This was some hoax mail sent out. I searched and found that the car is a concept car called BeBop. The link below proves it
Renault BeBop concepts to debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show
WOW!! Thanks for that. Im sure we all feel a little stupid right now.
Old 21st January 2008, 13:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

If the information of Simon is true, its the leading news channel (Times Now) that is to be blamed for such a stupid publicity given out to the public. The photos shown on the channel and the price quoted were all true to what was posted as the base. Hoax mails started pouring in later ! If the channels have got the hoax mail first, it was their duty to confirm the fact with either Renault or Mahindra the brands associated with the news.

Bebop news link is dating back to 2003. The reuters news that quoted a USD 3000 car for india from Renault is dating back to 2007 ! So which one is to be believed. Yet to be revealed !
Old 21st January 2008, 13:42   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
WOW!! Thanks for that. Im sure we all feel a little stupid right now.
If you remember similer thing happend last year when Indiva pictures were circulated as the ! Lac car.
Old 21st January 2008, 13:42   #40
BANNED

this is an email thats been going around for some time now...its absolute rubbish according to me...
Old 21st January 2008, 13:50   #41
Team-BHP Support

This thread is based on some mere hearsay and there is no such commitment from Renault on this. Moreover, a search on Google revealed websites some of which are even banned in offices (you know, the questionable categories). They are merely trying to cash in on the hoopla and get some clicks. One website clearly mentions that as on this date there is no such car as a 1.3 lakhs Renault Yeni. Also, Google does not provide a Images link for this search (because none exists?!).

Accordingly we are closing down this thread for now. If any member gets to know about some authenticated news in this regard please do send it to us for review. If found genuine we will be only too happy to reopen this thread.
Old 22nd March 2009, 11:31   #42

Default Renault Yeni@ 1.3 Lak is a hoax.

hello all,

renault yeni @ 1.3 lakh is a hoax.

its some concept car

Renault Be Bop Concepts
Renault Concept Cars
2003 Renault BeBop Sport - Images, Specifications and Information
Renault BeBop, 2003 BeBop Information | Conceptcarz.com

Concept name: Renault Be Bop
Developed: 2003
Old 23rd March 2009, 09:39   #43
BHPian

Seems like it took a year for you to realise that.

This has been discussed here before.
Closed Thread