Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 25th January 2008, 10:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
The first B segment car ever to offer ABS+Airbags in India was Suzuki WagonR VXi in year 2006.

And then the Zen Estilo
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 11:05   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Superb move, a competitive hatch just got better. The only thing I am unsure about is GM's pricing strategy. In my original Spark TD report, I had predicted that the pricing is too high for a small hatch. While airbags + ABS are good, I fear that GM may have gone overboard with the pricing of the option pack too.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 11:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Superb move, a competitive hatch just got better. The only thing I am unsure about is GM's pricing strategy. In my original Spark TD report, I had predicted that the pricing is too high for a small hatch. While airbags + ABS are good, I fear that GM may have gone overboard with the pricing of the option pack too.
But most probably GM is offering ABS+Airbag as Option pack for the very same reason.

Those going for ABS + Airbag for Spark are the people who are very much sure on which car they want to buy. And are opting for more safety features for their car.
People who are looking for cheap car are not the target segment for this Option Pack but they are target market for entry level Spark.
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 11:26   #19
BHPian

Default ABS-A.BAgs available on LS model also

As per GM mail to me Option Pack is available on LS model also. Thus price concious people can opt for LS + Option pack
cartech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2008, 22:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
GM has great moves up its sleeves but when will the production meet all these demands.people are fed up of long waiting periods for spark.
ram
The plant is coming at Talegaon, near Pune.

Option pack costs around 20k more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
The first B segment car ever to offer ABS+Airbags in India was Suzuki WagonR VXi in year 2006.
No, the first was the Swift ZXi in May 2005
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote