Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 3rd February 2008, 19:51   #1
BHPian

Default Honda stops 1.8S version with AT

I just got back from Dakshin Honda today. The person there mentioned that Honda is going to discontinue the 1.8S version with Automation Transmission and have only 1 AT version i.e. the 1.8V. I cant digest paying 90k more for just leather seats, turn light indicators and fog lamps !

Has anyone heard of this as well?
originalamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2008, 23:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

I had the same experience when we were looking at buying the Civic A/T las year. Think it was discontinued when the V version was launched.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 07:07   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalamit View Post
I just got back from Dakshin Honda today. The person there mentioned that Honda is going to discontinue the 1.8S version with Automation Transmission and have only 1 AT version i.e. the 1.8V. I cant digest paying 90k more for just leather seats, turn light indicators and fog lamps !

Has anyone heard of this as well?
I thought Honda had only one version of automatic transmission. Did they offer two ? If that is the case why doesn't their website reflect that.

CVT is the only version that is automatic is that not right ?
skmami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 07:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

@skmani - he is talking about the Civic and not the City. The Civic was available in the S and the V versions but when the V version was launched, they discontinued the 1.8S Auto version.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 17:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

I'm not very sure about this. We had the same query a few months back. Sometime after the V version was launched. I called up Whitefield Honda and they said that the 1.8S AT model is available and that it is not being discontinued.

Did you check with Whitefield Honda?
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 17:40   #6
BHPian

Yes. It is true that the 1.8S AT is discontinued. I took the test drive of the Civic last week and the dealer confirmed this when I asked him. Maybe they were not able to sell them because customers would have thought of going for 1.8V MT instead of 1.8S AT as both have exactly the same prices.
omatunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 18:27   #7
BHPian

Default Honda India website is old

The Honda India website does not seem to be updated for quite sometime
jayguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 18:45   #8
BHPian

Yes. its true. S AT is not available. the website does mention the prices - its not updated may be deliberately so that at least to enquire a customer would call the dealer and then the rest is psychology and anyone's guess.
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 19:59   #9
BHPian

Unhappy Yup the S has been phased off

It was discontinued from this year onwards. Almost got a chance to get myself an S variant - but for the leasing company - so had to settle for a corolla since price diff was almost 2 lacs after all the corolla discounts etc.
Oh well next time - when the type R is launched
vikrantw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2008, 23:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

Now what happens to folks like myself who own a 1.8S AT? Would second hand prices drop? Well except for the cosmetic changes there's no difference.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2008, 17:53   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Now what happens to folks like myself who own a 1.8S AT? Would second hand prices drop? Well except for the cosmetic changes there's no difference.
They might go up, actually. Imagine someone who wants a Civic automatic but can't now buy one cheaply: s/he might look instead in the second-hand market.
Car Fan is offline   Reply With Quote