Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
Old 7th February 2008, 12:39   #1
Infractions: 0/1 (9)
Default Is NHC a no go, no show all-badge car?

My personal opinion. Before guns start firing, allow me to add that I am admirer of Honda cars, too. I drool over Civics and Accords and I consider 'em a true blue Honda cars. Even Old City was good. But New City? Naaa. Neither a looker nor a goer.

Not a looker. I dislike hatch-based sedans such as NHC and Indigo ( exception being new Indigo CS sedan which looks somewhat sporty ). NHC is a Jazz with a boot stuck as an afterthought.

Not a goer. The 77 bhp idsi engine feels underpowered for a sedan. Forget other sedans, even hatchbacks like Swift, Palio, Indica and even Santro make life difficult for NHC on highway.

Could this be the reason why I mostly see pot-bellied middle aged banker type guys driving new City while younger crowd seem to prefer Swift / Getz or Fiesta / old City / civic depending on their budget? Is it selling solely on the strength of that revered "H" badge?

Old 7th February 2008, 12:43   #2
Team-BHP Support

How is this thread different than the recently closed thread?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...how-no-go.html (Is the NHC all show and no go ?)

Search of an existing thread before starting new ones. Thread closed.
Closed Thread