Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th October 2008, 13:20   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a limited version of Bolero. I was impressed with the Bolero when I went to check it out last week.

Any idea regarding lauching it with a CRDe motor?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 13:55   #242
BHPian

@bhp1, its also interesting to know that you owned / are still using a Tata Sierra and an Enfield Bullet.

Lets shift our focus to these two Agrarians.

Torqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 14:06   #243
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
@bhp1, its also interesting to know that you owned / are still using a Tata Sierra and an Enfield Bullet.
Oops, I fear you mistook me for TheArun! Sierra/ Bullet are there in his Signature.
bhp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 14:21   #244
Team-BHP Support

Alright guys, let's leave the real agrarians to their primitive rides and get back to Bolero.

Agrarian sports car.
Name:  118965640_RJF7NL.jpg
Views: 5435
Size:  241.0 KB
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 15:01   #245
BHPian

Lightbulb

Read the whole thread in one sitting. Interesting to see so much of varied reactions in one thread itself.

Just wanted to ask whether one can do any modification to the interiors to increase the leg space in the middle row (forget about the last row). Like removing the last two seats & moving the middle row backwards or something like that. Is it possible?

Ranjith
Nutty Nair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 16:34   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
Oops, I fear you mistook me for TheArun! Sierra/ Bullet are there in his Signature.
Thanks. That was a VERY BAD mistake.

Torqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2008, 16:58   #247
BANNED

@Torqy, no problems, it happens sometimes inadvertently.

@Samurai, fantastic pic.

I must say one thing, Im really sorry if my comments hurt someone but that was not at all my intention.
I do like the Bolero, so the brainstorming!
Its just that I want to see whole lot of improvements with the Jeep to make it better suited to modern times & more convenient for the people who use it.
Old 18th October 2008, 17:05   #248
BHPian

How many of you people who are commenting on safety aspects of a Bolero have driven the vehicle for fairly long periods?

I didnt feel unsafe anytime - even while doing above 100 kmph.

I dont think any vehicle can come out of a 90 degree turn at 90 kmph. But I dont think many persons would have come out alive in many other cars.

My Bolero lasted for 8.5 lakh kilometres without an engine overhaul and I lasted almost 7 years.
simplyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2008, 16:19   #249
BANNED

[quote=Spitfire;1019066]Ok, care to tell us what you drive?

Anyways whats wrong with a tractor with a cabin and an aircon. Have you seen the tractors lately. LOL.

I drive an Armada when i am in places where the armada is supposed to fit in .ie (my hometown village ) LOL

I use a 800 when i am in the city and for long inter city travel I use an innova .
Nothing is wrong for a tractor to have a cabin with an aircon - May be you thought tractors have nice suspension systems ..and did 100 mph .LOL
greatmana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2008, 16:25   #250
Senior - BHPian

Default History of the Bolero

Interesting to check out how the BOLERO evolved
Attached Images

Last edited by TheARUN : 19th October 2008 at 16:29. Reason: Pictures failing to upload
TheARUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2008, 16:32   #251
BANNED

I always felt a mahindra needed a lot of maintenance .

First would be the steering play ( mahindra has not been able to offer a good steering setup on its non ps models )
second would be the quality f electricals ( third rate stuff which keeps you on the nerves
third would be the rust

Fourth would be the radiator (due to excessive vibration ,it starts leaking early)

Finally,the mahindra is an overweight old bullock ,the vehicle is heavy ,but most of the metal used has no form or shape ,which directly results in the part just being overweight and not as strong as a part which has been properly designed .

A simple example would be radiator - on modern cars , the radiator has a plastic or fibre alloy to connect the hoses ,but the mahindra still has metal pipe tube welded for inlet and outlets ,this just starts leaking

What ever mahindra is curretly offering isnt VFM and for 7 odd lakhs I would rather buy a winger which looks much better and can transport more passengers and has a decent price ..ofcourse taking into account that the winger does not have a 4 wheel drive ..still as a people mover that vehicle seems leagues ahead
greatmana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2008, 19:36   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
The BOLERO started off as a station wagon built on the MM540 platform. There used to be one in silver long time back, then came the ARMADA and then finally the BOLERO. Its nothing but a modified MM540. The only people buying it are metro males who cannot afford anything else and villagers who swear by word of mouth and keep up with the Jone's

The BOLERO is very long in the tooth and what MAHINDRA are doing is

By the way, just adding a picture of the star of this page, surprisingly, none was found. All words and no photos make for a dull thread
That bumper part is solid metal. I expected it to be plastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
@JP1, you are right any vehicle can topple at high speeds, but just see the averages, there are more Scorpios & Bolero's toppling over / 100 vehicles.
Visit any Mahindra workshop & go to their Accidental vehicles inventory, toppled vehicles account for maximum accidental vehicles.
Redarding the Agrarian comment, please don't take it personally.
You can see pick up any Auto. Mag. & it will say the same about Bolero. Also, what's wrong in being called Agrarian, some companies specially name their vehicles RTV's & stuff. This implies Rural areas need & demand different set of vehicles than Cities do.
Guess Scorpios will take the majority stake there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
There is a limited version of Bolero. I was impressed with the Bolero when I went to check it out last week.

Any idea regarding lauching it with a CRDe motor?
Well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Alright guys, let's leave the real agrarians to their primitive rides and get back to Bolero.

Agrarian sports car.
Attachment 61381
Cant call it an automobile. 2 bull power, no seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Nair View Post
Read the whole thread in one sitting. Interesting to see so much of varied reactions in one thread itself.

Just wanted to ask whether one can do any modification to the interiors to increase the leg space in the middle row (forget about the last row). Like removing the last two seats & moving the middle row backwards or something like that. Is it possible?

Ranjith
Felt the Bolero to have enough space for the mid benchers. What made you think of a redesign for mid bench?

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
How many of you people who are commenting on safety aspects of a Bolero have driven the vehicle for fairly long periods?

I didnt feel unsafe anytime - even while doing above 100 kmph.

I dont think any vehicle can come out of a 90 degree turn at 90 kmph. But I dont think many persons would have come out alive in many other cars.

My Bolero lasted for 8.5 lakh kilometres without an engine overhaul and I lasted almost 7 years.
Thats awesome. 8.5lac and no engine overhaul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
I always felt a mahindra needed a lot of maintenance .

First would be the steering play ( mahindra has not been able to offer a good steering setup on its non ps models )
second would be the quality f electricals ( third rate stuff which keeps you on the nerves
third would be the rust

Fourth would be the radiator (due to excessive vibration ,it starts leaking early)

Finally,the mahindra is an overweight old bullock ,the vehicle is heavy ,but most of the metal used has no form or shape ,which directly results in the part just being overweight and not as strong as a part which has been properly designed .

A simple example would be radiator - on modern cars , the radiator has a plastic or fibre alloy to connect the hoses ,but the mahindra still has metal pipe tube welded for inlet and outlets ,this just starts leaking

What ever mahindra is curretly offering isnt VFM and for 7 odd lakhs I would rather buy a winger which looks much better and can transport more passengers and has a decent price ..ofcourse taking into account that the winger does not have a 4 wheel drive ..still as a people mover that vehicle seems leagues ahead
Steering issue or radiator issue, it sure sells a lot coz it can repaired/changed easily at nay workshop and is relatively cheaper and share mechanical with its siblings.
Old 19th October 2008, 22:38   #253
BANNED

Default Bolero Stinger!

watch out the "sting" of this bolero stinger!

its just the cosmetic changes rather than performance!

disapointment AGAIN for me! end product by MM is priced way too high compared to what the fit and finish really is!

it comes in ONLY 4x2!
Attached Images

Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2008, 23:03   #254
Distinguished - BHPian

This one is out? Any idea regarding the price part?
Old 19th October 2008, 23:12   #255
BANNED

This looks more like a stinker rather than a stinger!
Just no sting without performance addition.
Mahindra customization cell is pulling out some pathetic cosmetic makeovers.