Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 19th March 2009, 15:03   #301
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I think what they should have done is added rear wash wipe with demister. Front defogger and option of air on the feet. Internally adjustable ORVM. Power window switches on the door rather than in the middle. The beige upholstery in SLX looks better than the black in VLX.
Thats exactly what i meant sir, thank you. 100% right you are dude
maheep007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 15:22   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No mate, they have made it cheaper by about 11k I think. Scorpio M-HAWK LX in Hyd IS 7.18 Ex-Showrrom. 2.6 was 7.3X
Thats even sweeter! Finally some VFM pricing from M&M. Xylo must have cannibalized the Scorpio like a head hunter from South America!
Red Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 15:30   #303
BHPian

Quote:
I think what they should have done is added rear wash wipe with demister. Front defogger and option of air on the feet. Internally adjustable ORVM. Power window switches on the door rather than in the middle. The beige upholstery in SLX looks better than the black in VLX.
Exactly what i meant these could have been the changes M & M made in the new VLX, why don't they ever hear what people want ? Dont they ever get any feed back as to whats reqd. in a vehicle thats being manufactured by them? And its no rocket science to imagine that every car needs defogger to clear windscreen, even Maruti 800 comes with it, and yes PW switches would be nice to be had on the sides on every door for convinience, and a channel of cool air could also have been given for the rear passengers in the back, an extra A/C outlet in the back.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:37   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Thats even sweeter! Finally some VFM pricing from M&M. Xylo must have cannibalized the Scorpio like a head hunter from South America!
The article in ET mentioning the M-Hawk launch stated that they have rationalised the Scorpio prices to avoid cannibalisation by the Xylo. They realise that it would still be there even at the present price points but it would be small and they can live with that.

OT: I did the TD of the M-Hawk LX( Thats what my budget permits) and because of the driver seating position (me being only 5'6", have to pull the seat all the way to front) my left arm started aching in 15 minutes of driving. So I guess Scorpio is a NO-GO for me
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 16:15   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The article in ET mentioning the M-Hawk launch stated that they have rationalised the Scorpio prices to avoid cannibalisation by the Xylo. They realise that it would still be there even at the present price points but it would be small and they can live with that.

OT: I did the TD of the M-Hawk LX( Thats what my budget permits) and because of the driver seating position (me being only 5'6", have to pull the seat all the way to front) my left arm started aching in 15 minutes of driving. So I guess Scorpio is a NO-GO for me
True on the cannibalization bit. People who want space will plonk for the Xylo. Singletons or those with a girlfriend will plonk for the Scorpio if money permits or for the Bolero. The space characteristics for the Bolero and Scorpio leave a lot to be desired if you have a family of 6 or something.

And, I knew from the get-go you were a Bolero Man. I dont think anything would have tilted your decision against it
Red Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 16:44   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
And, I knew from the get-go you were a Bolero Man. I dont think anything would have tilted your decision against it
As excessive smileys are not allowed, all I say is that "I'm Grinning Ear to Ear"

After all I'm a simple man with simple needs who needs a ride,
that can take everything in its stride,
And make the owner swell with Pride.

Sorry folks for the pidgin peotry.

BTW I'm waiting for the last 25 days for my BLACK BOLERO VLX I feel like Mahindra and the dealer folks here.

Last edited by MileCruncher : 19th March 2009 at 16:54.
Old 19th March 2009, 18:25   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
+1.
They could do it for the rear passengers, i dont know what was holding them back for the folks in the front seats.
Maybe they didn't want the "DRIVERS" to have power window controls when the OWNER is sitting behind.

Torqy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 20:42   #308
BHPian

Agree with Maheep. The problem still there with VLX. I too grease it regularly. Or there appears a scary "thud" in 1st and reverse gear - however softly you release the clutch. Not noticed it in other gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheep007 View Post
Total 3points, all in the shaft itself, 2are in the front end and 1is in the rear end. These are crosses and a piston type of a thing that absorbs engine movement while transferring power to rear tyres. I was told to lubricate them regularly (every 1000-1500kms for best performance) as failure to do so might result in major damage in the joints of the shaft,
rockyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 07:24   #309
BHPian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
Agree with Maheep. The problem still there with VLX. I too grease it regularly. Or there appears a scary "thud" in 1st and reverse gear - however softly you release the clutch. Not noticed it in other gears.
Hmmm so its still there in VLX, i thought it was more of a characteristic of the DI, so basically its more of a feature of Bolero only, added by Mahindra to make Bolero more appealing
Old 11th April 2009, 09:29   #310
BHPian

Default Again BOLERO is India's No.1!!!

All Bolero Owners / Lovers

It's time to Celebrate and Rejoice!

Mahindra Bolero is India's No.1 SUV for the third time in a row!

Mahindra has made a record sales of 55,924 units in 2008-2009. Just go through the link for more details.

Mahindra Bolero is India?s No.1 SUV for the third time in a row - Automobile News, Mobile News & Other Product News: Infibeam
jgsolo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 00:33   #311
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Wow! Semi-urban and rural India must be lapping 'em Boleros up like there is no tommorow. Mahindra must be making a killing on what is essentially such an old Jeep for 7 lakhs.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 07:32   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
All Bolero Owners / Lovers

It's time to Celebrate and Rejoice!

Mahindra Bolero is India's No.1 SUV for the third time in a row!

Mahindra has made a record sales of 55,924 units in 2008-2009. Just go through the link for more details.

Mahindra Bolero is India?s No.1 SUV for the third time in a row - Automobile News, Mobile News & Other Product News: Infibeam
I don't know whether Bolero can be called an SUV. It is an UV. Thats what even M&M communique calls it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wow! Semi-urban and rural India must be lapping 'em Boleros up like there is no tommorow. Mahindra must be making a killing on what is essentially such an old Jeep for 7 lakhs.
Not only them but even Urban India as well as government is buying them in Hordes. The Greater Hyderabad Municipa Corporation offlate has only white coloured Bolero and Scorpio LX versions. Even government departments are becoming stylish
Old 15th April 2009, 15:55   #313
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know whether Bolero can be called an SUV. It is an UV. Thats what even M&M communique calls it.
Whether it is a UV or SUV, I am happy that I own one of the largest selling UV (SUV) in India!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's not only Semi-urban and rural India but also urban India is buying them. Elections are round the corner and there is great demand for them. Many are sent to Coimbatore for modification work - cutting off the top and providing with sliding door etc. to suit electioneerig work!
jgsolo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2009, 15:43   #314
BHPian

However rugged and requires little maintenance, Bolero is hugely over-priced. I had one with Peugot XD3P whose ex-show room price was 4.82 lacs (August 2004)which I felt was a reasonable price. The Bolero would have died but for the induction of the Turbo DI but now it is not VFM.

Can any one find an used old model Bolero with DI (not a Turbo) , 4 speed gearbox and leaf springs all around? These models were sold between mid-2004 to 2006.
simplyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 17:14   #315
BANNED

Just enquired the price of Bolero VLX Crdi & was stunned, its a whopping 6.70L!
Have they gone nuts! Suddenly, Scorpio Lx is appearing as a massive VFM buy!
Also, Xylo already a VFM buy, comes cheaper than this ageing, antiquated UV!
M&M pricing strategy has gone all wrong on this one.
bhp1 is offline   Reply With Quote