Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 11th July 2011, 22:49   #541
BHPian

Default Re: bolero-facelift 2011-spy-pics

Saw the bolero with masked front when i had been to nashik last month. Couldn't click the pic as it was on the opposite side. I was busy looking at the Mini Xylo when this thing appeared.
nikibusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2011, 23:07   #542
Senior - BHPian

Default re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (New-look Pics Added on Page 36)

In terms of looks and safety (Bolero one of the unsafest vehicle tobe inside) department, they are slowly making their vehicles die. Same case with Scorpio, when it was launched the car was a looker, now it wears an ugly make-up that looks like to hide something. First Bolero launched was the best, this one looks cheap and DIY'ed UV.
mercedised is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 14:51   #543
BHPian

Default Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (New-look Pics Added on Page 36)

I think Mahindra has hired a "fresh" set of designers from the Garbage Truck Division of some 60's era company. Which is clearly visible from the dashboard console, instrument cluster and horrifying grill/headlights. All we asked for were better plastics, scorpio seats (front & rear, foldable), steering ( which has been given now) and if possible aligning the front & rear axels.

Refreshing change is the steering, rear defogger, rear window wiper and the bumper. As a prospective buyer ( in 2 months) , I am now questioning myself whether to still go in for this de-arranged beast.
Hondaism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 16:58   #544
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (New-look Pics Added on Page 36)

another round of cosmetics - mutton dressed up as lamb eh?

while it is a very good utilitarian and cheap MUV, they have really confused it by these constant and cosmetic makeovers.
I cant understand why they wont do some good stuff to its interiors, safety and make it even more utilitarian.
But they keep fiddling with its looks.
Poor Bolero - its fast becoming a mutant monstrosity!
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 17:24   #545
BHPian

The steering wheel reminds me of tennikoit ring somehow . It looks like rubber. (Read: Hate it)
The instrument cluster is a joke. My bike has better console than this one. Did someone ask for a digital meter?
And the pseudo wood insets. It reminds me of some cheap Chinese kitchen equipment.
In all, You don't need designers to do such a shoddy job.
vinya_jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 18:07   #546
BANNED

when we get to see the freshed up or facelift versions of a vehicle, its just to buy more time and delay the launch of the ALL NEW model.

this is purely business, sell what is selling and dont bring in anything new.

Scorpio has so many facial operations, has been around for many years...

Safari has see the similar operations, has been around for many years....

same goes for the Sumo, Hyundai Accent, M800, Santro and india's highest selling SUV....BOLERO!

nowadays chinese cosmetic surgery is the cheapest for vehicles!
Parm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 19:28   #547
anb
BHPian

does this new bolero come with low cost commonrai l(LCCR) engine producing 75 bhp?
anb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 13:38   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
does this new bolero come with low cost commonrai l(LCCR) engine producing 75 bhp?
Yes the mDi CRDe that's doing duty on the Xylo D2 as well.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2011, 16:48   #549
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Improved front, improved interiors, the instrumentation dial is interesting if nothing else. The rear remains dull, the tail lights are uninspiring as earlier. The front looks better than before but not as good as it was originally.

The bolero is the highest selling in it's segment and will continue to be. Irrespective of these changes.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 09:33   #550
BHPian

Guys, one quick question, is this ZLX version released on road? If not when its planned to be? any idea?

Planning to book SLX, thinking whether to wait for ZLX or not? Even confused about which engine option need to choose CRDe or Di?

Service guys recommend Di over CRDe, not sure though why?
thelightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 12:24   #551
BHPian

I have no idea why Mahindra is doing this to its vehicles .

Quote:
Whats with Mahindra and design these days?

I still like the old shape.
@dhanushs
I cant agree more . All they had to do was to hide the door hinges , get the interiors a bit more upmarket in its comforts and make sure that the crumble zones in the bonnet is good enough to safeguard the passengers inside .
They totally destroying the looks of this Indian Icon .

They should take a lesson or two from Merc G wagon / Land Rover Defender / Discovery / Range rover , who stick to the original design ( looks ) but giving it just the required make over. Mahindra these days going with the ' Teeth Concept ' . Thank god they didnt feel like doing that to the Thar .
rejoycjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 12:34   #552
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Guys, one quick question, is this ZLX version released on road? If not when its planned to be? any idea?

Planning to book SLX, thinking whether to wait for ZLX or not? Even confused about which engine option need to choose CRDe or Di?

Get the CRDe. It is oodles and oodles of fun. Apart from the slightly wonky handling. But if you are buying a bolero for sure, this is the one to get!! Just PLEASE dont get it in brown. PLEASE!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 12:49   #553
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
All they had to do was to hide the door hinges
Don't agree with just that part of your post.

I believe those exposed hinges lends character to the vehicle.
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 13:31   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post

1. ZLX is not released yet. When? well -- As a rule of thumb "You can not time ShareMarket & Mahindra's vehicle release plans"

2. Engine will depend upon typr of use.
CRDe:
a. highspeed cruising
b. higher refinement levels of engine
c. as far as i know, current CRDe will be replaced by XYLO's mDI-CRDe. So be sure about that.
DI:
a. It's work horse -- proven
b. Highly frugal
c. less maintaenance cost
d. 99.99% service guy will recommand this

Actually Bolero + DI make sense to its targetted market. For CRDe there are other options which are more advanced from Mahindra. Following is CRDe Analysis of Mahindras!
Attached Images

Last edited by zalaps : 29th July 2011 at 13:34. Reason: Image was not clear
zalaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 13:51   #555
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
another round of cosmetics - mutton dressed up as lamb eh?

while it is a very good utilitarian and cheap MUV, they have really confused it by these constant and cosmetic makeovers.
I cant understand why they wont do some good stuff to its interiors, safety and make it even more utilitarian.
But they keep fiddling with its looks.
Poor Bolero - its fast becoming a mutant monstrosity!
What more can anyone do on a Stone age Willys chassis

Bolero a cheap MUV...? i dont think so considering its On road price.

2 things we need to do on this thread.

1) Lets not take this thread
2) Lets not call it an SUV
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote