Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 23rd September 2011, 20:29   #676
BHPian

Default Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)

In my opinion the bumper looks disconnted from the body in the above pics, is it only me or others feel the same way too?
musicmanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 21:49   #677
BANNED

Default Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)

Quote:
Originally Posted by narchennai View Post
Windscreen demisting vents were never present in the older models and also in the present model I doubt if its functional?
Mahindra didnot provide rear electric demister and if the front demisting vents are not functional on rainy day you will be forced to open the window to handle menace of humidity +moisture.

Very cramped seating. 7 Lakhs for an incomplete ancient vehicle with no basic safety and has mere 107mm longer than Fabia in length and with puny 63hp power. Greedy mahindra all again to deceive the rural people
harimakesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 22:22   #678
Senior - BHPian

Where is the ECU located in the engine bay? i couldnt see..
ramzsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2011, 22:28   #679
Distinguished - BHPian

They stopped the CRDi/Storm version? And coz Thar has the same engine?
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 00:45   #680
BHPian

Does anyone know if at least ABS is going to be offered by next year? I am seriously looking out for an upgrade from my Figo TDCi.

I even sent a mail to Customer support at Mahindra and got a reply that they have forwarded the request to Product Development Group .... Already disappointed by the lonnnnnggg time Duster is taking to hit the Indian roads and now Mahindra's do not want to even hint if ABS is going to be offered ... to bad . :-(
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 07:30   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh

Mahindra didnot provide rear electric demister and if the front demisting vents are not functional on rainy day you will be forced to open the window to handle menace of humidity +moisture.

Very cramped seating. 7 Lakhs for an incomplete ancient vehicle with no basic safety and has mere 107mm longer than Fabia in length and with puny 63hp power. Greedy mahindra all again to deceive the rural people
What you have said is very true however what us fascinating is that still mahindra is able to sell tons of these! Heart over mind my friend!
abhjain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2011, 17:08   #682
BHPian

Just read in Indian Autos Blog that Tata is coming up with the upgraded Sumo, with a 3.0L CR4 common rail engine and refreshed looks. That should be interesting. The 3L Turbo mill is quite a brute on the Victa DI, if unrefined. Hopefully, commonrail tech should take the edge off it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post

The Bolero has been the largest selling model in its segment for years. Granted, a majority of that is due to the govt. supplies, but still, even in the private segment, it sold very well. And it sold for its cheap upkeep costs, rugged build, ease of driving on and off road, and most importantly, excellent fuel efficiency. Even when a more powerful version was offered, it didn't sell half as well as the less powerful model.

So what would be the point in offering a more powerful engine? What customers want from the Bolero is more refinement, more efficiency and more driveability. The new engine checks all these boxes. And now with the upgraded looks in and out, what's not to like about it?

As for ABS and SRS, few people order it when an option is available, and the vast majority still crib about the price when it is offered. Don't get me wrong, I do think they should have offered it at least as an option on the top end model, but I can see why the bean-counters wouldn't pay for its R&D.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 22:54   #683
BHPian

These are really nice pictures. Finally Mahindra seems to be working hard on aesthetics. Good job.
pamiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 23:34   #684
Senior - BHPian

I love BOLERO a lot and aspire to own one someday.
New bolero's looks are stunning!

I would love to have better rear seat design, which curretly sits a bit high.

Why not have a version with two sliding bucket seats at rear, rather than a bench?

Hope the next iteration comes with coil spings in rear, since unladen bolero gets quite bumpy at rear.

Mahindra has made a smart desicion by removing the CRDE out of bolero range since there were not many takers for the same with its high price.

They should also provide a BIG chain and a HUGE lock since BOLERO is HOT Fav with Gangs who steal these vehicles , to be sold in UP / Nepal.
silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 09:06   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
They should also provide a BIG chain and a HUGE lock since BOLERO is HOT Fav with Gangs who steal these vehicles , to be sold in UP / Nepal.
Mahindra has tackled this problem in the new Bolero. The new Bolero comes with an engine imobiliser. The older Bolero was very easy to steal. The modus operandi was very simple. The bolero uses the same key for the ignition as the rear tail gate. So the crooks use to yank the tail gate lock ( which is pretty easy to do with the right tools ). Then use the tail gate lock to make a duplicate key and then driver of with the SUV. With the engine immboiliser this strategy wont succeed. Also Mahindra has the option to enable GPS tracking on your vehicle.
JediKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 12:31   #686
Senior - BHPian

Bolero in its new avataar really looks good in flesh though a bit tamed from the front. Had been to WB and Sikkim last week and saw a large number of the new Boleros on road. Oh boy was really pleased to see so many of them on the road! Also traveled extensively in Bolero Plus cabs with the Di heart and it took those really bad roads with aplomb. The region also has a large number of Maxx and Savari versions but it seems like these brands have been discontinued of late. Checked their websites as well but no info on the same. Wonder if they are actually discontinued or if it sells regionally.
girishglg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2011, 12:39   #687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Mahindra has made a smart desicion by removing the CRDE out of bolero range since there were not many takers for the same with its high price.
All Boleros are now CRDe except pickups. Although it is a different engine from the Storm/XYLO/Thar CRde engine. It comes with the CRDe version on the DI Turbo engine called Low Cost Common Rail (LCCR) engine in mahindra circles.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 09:32   #688
BHPian

Is'nt the new Bolero being sold in entire Maharashtra region? I just went to check the prices of ZLX on their website and the state itself does not appear in the list! :O
Attached Images

Old 6th February 2012, 11:08   #689
Senior - BHPian

Had an opportunity to TD Bolero M2di few times, must say new Bolero looks neat! just that the space(interior) which let me down. fir and finish has improved a lot.

Drive was good, engine did have the juice but yea its not a racer boy as the strom...

Has anyone purchased Bolero yet on TBHP? would like to go through the review report as always the regular usage is what gives a clear picture.
lohithrao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 12:13   #690
BHPian

I had sent the screenshot of the prices page to Mahindra Customer Service and guess what? They have really worked on it and now the prices do appear for Maharashtra region as well!!!!

Way to go Mahindra!!!!