Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2012, 15:05   #721
Senior - BHPian
 
Blue Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Right here .
Posts: 1,632
Thanked: 330 Times
Thumbs up Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajith View Post
...DI Turbo 4wd with NGT520-T18 TC.
That's a good vehicle to own

Yesterday, I saw one example of the 2WD variant of this DI Bolero. Absolutely loved it's stance/body-proportions.

The XL looks ugly-stretched, while the flat roof of the shorter wheelbase SLE variants makes it ill-proportioned.
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 15:31   #722
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: |
Posts: 582
Thanked: 215 Times
Default Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)

This Might be a repeat question as i hasn ;t read through previous 49 pages and i think it does n ;t come with these features but do Bolero comes with ABS and 4 WD ??

the below screen shots from their website suggest so but strangely feature list misses both these

India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)-bolero.jpg
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 15:45   #723
Distinguished - BHPian
 
BlackPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 2,311
Thanked: 4,386 Times
Default Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
The XL looks ugly-stretched, while the flat roof of the shorter wheelbase SLE variants makes it ill-proportioned.
I recently bought an LX 4x4 and thought it looked quite good. Does it really look ill-proportioned :-(
Attached Thumbnails
India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)-1.jpg  

BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 15:48   #724
Senior - BHPian
 
Blue Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Right here .
Posts: 1,632
Thanked: 330 Times
Talking Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I recently bought an LX 4x4 and thought it looked quite good. Does it really look ill-proportioned :-(
Sorry, BlackPearl ! No offense intended, it is just my personal opinion. Your vehicle does look very good, and wish you many miles of Happy driving/off-roading with it .

It is just that I personally never liked the flat-roofed version of the Bolero. Just to give a perspective (if it makes you feel better !), I am the kind of guy who would drool over the Mahindra Marshal (NGCS/Hard-top/classic-CJ-looks), but would probably not bat an eyelid when a flashy sports-car goes by. So, my opinions about "good-looking/ill-proportioned" probably don't matter !

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
...the below screen shots from their website suggest so but strangely feature list misses both these ...
RULE 1 : Never believe the web-sites of certain Indian Automobile manufacturers !

RULE 2 : Definitely DO NOT try to extrapolate information based on what you see in stickers which are doing duty as dashboard-instrument-consoles!

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 15th March 2012 at 15:58.
Blue Thunder is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 15:56   #725
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: |
Posts: 582
Thanked: 215 Times
Default Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
RULE 1 : Never believe the web-sites of certain Indian Automobile manufacturers !

RULE 2 : Definitely DO NOT try to extrapolate information based on what you see in stickers which are doing duty as dashboard-instrument-consoles!


Point noted sir . But Just one post above there is a mention of LX 4 X 4 bolero . was it converted later on Or mahindra customization did the job. there is no info on bolero;s micro site about 4 x 4, which i don;t trust now after your advice.
.sushilkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 17:08   #726
Senior - BHPian
 
ecenandu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Guruvayoor/Chen
Posts: 1,024
Thanked: 1,471 Times
Default Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
This Might be a repeat question as i hasn ;t read through previous 49 pages and i think it does n ;t come with these features but do Bolero comes with ABS and 4 WD ??

the below screen shots from their website suggest so but strangely feature list misses both these
Mahindra would have designed the instrument cluster with all these indication lamp like for ABS, 4WD etc so that whenever required, they can use them. Other wise, if down the line they wanted to introduce say, an ABS version, there is no need for an new instrument cluster.

I have seen ABS indicator lamp on our Opel Astra 2002 model, but AFIK Opel Astra never came with ABS. I think its a standard practice of the industry to have common instrument cluster for all the markets, to bring down the cost.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 17:25   #727
Distinguished - BHPian
 
BlackPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 2,311
Thanked: 4,386 Times
Default Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Sorry, BlackPearl ! No offense intended, it is just my personal opinion. Your vehicle does look very good, and wish you many miles of Happy driving/off-roading with it .

It is just that I personally never liked the flat-roofed version of the Bolero. Just to give a perspective (if it makes you feel better !), I am the kind of guy who would drool over the Mahindra Marshal (NGCS/Hard-top/classic-CJ-looks), but would probably not bat an eyelid when a flashy sports-car goes by. So, my opinions about "good-looking/ill-proportioned" probably don't matter !
Lol, Blue Thunder, I was not offended at all. People used to call my previous car (a Baleno) ugly and I agreed, but still loved it. To me it does not matter if the car is ugly as long as it serves the purpose it is intended to do. A Bolero in stock form is never going to win any beauty competition . And strangely the Bolero looks have gone worse over the years. I used to love the rectangular headlamps in the previous generation. And I completely agree with you on the Marshal. I love that look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post


Point noted sir . But Just one post above there is a mention of LX 4 X 4 bolero . was it converted later on Or mahindra customization did the job. there is no info on bolero;s micro site about 4 x 4, which i don;t trust now after your advice.
No it was not converted. It is a brand new Bolero Lx 4x4 from the factory.
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 17:47   #728
BHPian
 
ZeRoŠ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 30
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)

Hi all,

Bolero 4wd is now available, same specs as zlx.
Also Defogger seems to be added now. Now how long I've been dreaming to buy this vehicle, more than a year now.
ZeRoŠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 18:41   #729
BHPian
 
Fortuner71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mysore
Posts: 385
Thanked: 265 Times
Default Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)

@ Zero , where did u hear this from ? i just checked the website there is no sign of 4WD . post the link .
Fortuner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 18:56   #730
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 532
Thanked: 198 Times
Default Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoŠ View Post
Hi all,

Bolero 4wd is now available, same specs as zlx.
Also Defogger seems to be added now. Now how long I've been dreaming to buy this vehicle, more than a year now.
Is that true? I dont see anything mentioned on the website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
@ Zero , where did u hear this from ? i just checked the website there is no sign of 4WD . post the link .
+1. I did not find anything on the official website and any other website. If anyone finds concrete info, please share it here.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just checked the FAQ's section on mahindrabolero.com website and it clearly mentions in Q.10 - "We do not have 4WD variant currently."

Link: http://www.mahindrabolero.com/bolero-faqs.aspx

Last edited by ObsessedByFIAT : 2nd April 2012 at 19:02.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 19:01   #731
BHPian
 
zalaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: GJ 1
Posts: 295
Thanked: 234 Times
Default Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Brand new Boleros sighted yesterday on NH 6 moving towards east from Nashik.Almost each one was silver in colour and Mahindra still uses the vintage ways to transport its UV's by road for thousands of kilometers to the dealerships.I peeped in but could not notice any passengers inside - usually the drivers carry passengers from bus stops along the highway from destinations A to B or C etc.
Yes Anjan. Mahindra still follows the same. I got Thar DI delivered with 897 on odo. Calculation:
Kandivali to Ahmedabad Mahindra Depot: 514 KMs
Ahmedabad to Vapi (My Place): 366 KMs
Total: 881 KMs.

Now fact: Kandivali & Vapi are only 150 KMs far.
zalaps is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 20:42   #732
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 858
Thanked: 296 Times
Default Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Brand new Boleros sighted yesterday on NH 6 moving towards east from Nashik.Almost each one was silver in colour and Mahindra still uses the vintage ways to transport its UV's by road for thousands of kilometers to the dealerships.I peeped in but could not notice any passengers inside - usually the drivers carry passengers from bus stops along the highway from destinations A to B or C etc.
These seem to be Bolero DI Plus, which caters mainly to taxi segment.

I have known an instance of a Scorpio being driven 200 kms from Hyderabad to be delivered. The driver took a detour of about 20 kms to pick up passengers. He miscalculated the distance and the vehicle was stranded with empty fuel tank about 15 kilometres from his regular refuelling point.
simplyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 08:39   #733
BHPian
 
zalaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: GJ 1
Posts: 295
Thanked: 234 Times
Default Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
These seem to be Bolero DI Plus, which caters mainly to taxi segment.

I have known an instance of a Scorpio being driven 200 kms from Hyderabad to be delivered. The driver took a detour of about 20 kms to pick up passengers. He miscalculated the distance and the vehicle was stranded with empty fuel tank about 15 kilometres from his regular refuelling point.
This is not DI Plus. Plus had longer wheelbase. These were called simply 'Bolero DI'. A bare basic no AC no PS 2wd model. Earlier this model was available to individuals with cost of some 5.5 Ex showroom.

Actually I wanted to buy very same model but sales person replied that nowadays this model is made for bulk orders only.
zalaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 10:18   #734
BHPian
 
ZeRoŠ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 30
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Is that true? I dont see anything mentioned on the website!



+1. I did not find anything on the official website and any other website. If anyone finds concrete info, please share it here.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just checked the FAQ's section on mahindrabolero.com website and it clearly mentions in Q.10 - "We do not have 4WD variant currently."

Link: Mahindra Bolero ZLX m2DiCR|Bolero FAQs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
@ Zero , where did u hear this from ? i just checked the website there is no sign of 4WD . post the link .
Hi, @Fortuner71 & @ObsessedByFIAT

Well I first read it in the thar refreshed thread and then searched the net and though very few found some pages. Here you go..

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...ml#post2713407

Mahindra Bolero Plus vs. Mahindra Bolero 4X4

Mahindra 2012 New Bolero 4x4, Review, Price, Mahindra Cars India, Comparison, Images, Variants

Now as I've not spoken with any dealer so won't say it is concrete, but maybe I will, as I would not want to spread any rumors.
ZeRoŠ is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:25   #735
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 532
Thanked: 198 Times
Default Re: India's largest selling SUV: Mahindra Bolero (Pic-Pg 36. Launch - Pg 41)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoŠ View Post
Now as I've not spoken with any dealer so won't say it is concrete, but maybe I will, as I would not want to spread any rumors.
Thanks ZeRo!

Well, it really sounds exciting that Bolero is back in its 4X4 avatar, but I just wonder why Mahindra's dont know yet that they have a 4X4 model of their own SUV?

Anyways, at 8L ex-showroom, I wonder how many would want to buy it, since we already have Scropio base model with 4X4 with better reputation overall. Bolero still needs to do a lot to catch the attention on Urban crowd is what I feel.

But there are no doubts, Bolero is one hell of a vehicle. Have driven it once when I was in Hyd back in 2005/06 (dont remember exactly).
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted Nilesh5417 The Indian Car Scene 392 18th December 2015 12:20
Discover nudges the Splendour to become the world's largest selling bike! ghodlur Motorbikes 0 4th October 2012 09:02
Mahindra & Mahindra planning to launch another SUV product HSV The Indian Car Scene 21 7th March 2008 14:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:14.

Copyright Š2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks