Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2008, 19:38   #331
BHPian
 
S_budhiraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 275
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Just seen the car few minutes back in the showroom!

The S model is stunner

The interior quality and overall feel of the car is amazing, specially the soft leather dashboard in SXI and S.

The petrol models are know big VFM and ford is also offering know a days the maintanence package, so again cool

But the Diesel is big let down

The price difference from model EXI to SXI goes on incresing doesn't understand why.?

For example (Ex Prices Delhi)

Petrol Diesel Difference
EXI 620000 710000 90000
ZXI 648000 749500 101500
SXI 710000 814000 114000

Doesn't understand why the price difference is further increasing with models
S_budhiraj is offline  
Old 21st June 2008, 20:09   #332
BHPian
 
Crazy_Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 138
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The FE figures are quite low! I get 11 to 12 in city driving, and 14 to 16.5 on highways. Could it be due to alloy wheels?
Yep I was surprised by the figures too.. considering the SX4 is supposed to be the lowest in this segment with 10~12 kmpl. I hadn't really checked on FE figures from previous Fiesta owners. He probably gave a worst case scenario reading, or else you have an extremely light foot

AFAIK alloy wheels could improve not reduce FE. Though the wider, low-profile tyres could account for a minor drop.
Crazy_Eddy is offline  
Old 21st June 2008, 23:32   #333
BHPian
 
SumitBahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 975
Thanked: 219 Times
Default

I checked with a dealer is Chandigarh.
He told me that FE is 14-16. He said a dealer in Delhi (Harpreet Ford, maybe) tested this in city and highway. He even said, FE was 17 on highway and minimum to minimum 14 in city. Can someone in Delhi check with the dealer?
SumitBahl is offline  
Old 22nd June 2008, 00:39   #334
Senior - BHPian
 
jesal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,322
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

ill be honest i hate ford. but this blue sxi or whatever it is is a hottie. as usual its not a auto so i wont be interested at all as my next buy
jesal is offline  
Old 22nd June 2008, 13:17   #335
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,268
Thanked: 1,233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
I checked with a dealer is Chandigarh.
He told me that FE is 14-16. He said a dealer in Delhi (Harpreet Ford, maybe) tested this in city and highway. He even said, FE was 17 on highway and minimum to minimum 14 in city. Can someone in Delhi check with the dealer?
14 in city driving seems to be an overkill, even for Delhi roads.The engine of the 1.6 remains the same. To be more realisitic, you can add one km to my city FE figures, as Delhi has better traffic than Hyderabad. You can even read Suman's review, as he is based in NCR area.

Last edited by vnabhi : 22nd June 2008 at 13:19.
vnabhi is online now  
Old 22nd June 2008, 13:31   #336
Senior - BHPian
 
iTNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Imphal/Noida
Posts: 1,069
Thanked: 500 Times
Default

wow, thats one good looking car! And with the double-din Mp3 player, spoiler, 15" alloys and blue color, its gonna be a hot sedan around.
iTNerd is offline  
Old 22nd June 2008, 13:45   #337
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,268
Thanked: 1,233 Times
Default

BTW, I just got back after taking a good look at the 1.6 S and sxi models. Changes I noticed were:-

1.Both have better-looking front grills.

2.The dashboard in both has a new design, to accomodate the passenger airbag, but the shade is dark black in the sxi, whereas it is dark gray in the S model.

3.Another change I noticed was the addition of a fuel cap lever (like in Maruti models). My sxi does not have this, instead the fuel cap gets unlocked when I release the front door lock.

4.The power socket in both models is no longer having a cap.

5. The gear console in the sxi now has jet black colour, unlike my sxi that had metallic trim. The S model does have the metallic trim, which looks better in my opinion.The shade is however a bit different from the older sxi model.

6. Both S and sxi models have a new 1 cd double din mp3 player that looks good.Did not have time to hear it however.

7. The S model does not have leather vinyl seat covers, nor does it have adjustable headrests in the rear. It also does not have the folding armrest at the rear. The door trims in both models match with the seat colour. The leather vinyl in the sxi looks a bit brighter than the one in my car.

8. The 15" alloys on the S model sure look good. But the salesman says there was no suspension rework.But when I asked him if I could change my alloys for 15", he was flabbergasted. He said, 'No sir, the wheel arches in your car are not big enough'. I think he was not knowledgable enough, as many guys have gone in for 15" rims in this forum.

9.The rear spoiler in the S model really looks good. It is bigger then the one Ford was selling as an optional unit in older models of the Feista.

10. There is only a single chrome insert on the 3 spoke steering wheel. My car has 3--one on each spoke.

11. The sxi badge on the side of the car is now large, but I did not find it better than the older badge.

Last edited by vnabhi : 22nd June 2008 at 13:55.
vnabhi is online now  
Old 22nd June 2008, 18:42   #338
BHPian
 
Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MegaBHPian* at Hyderabad
Posts: 252
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
14 in city driving seems to be an overkill, even for Delhi roads.The engine of the 1.6 remains the same. To be more realisitic, you can add one km to my city FE figures, as Delhi has better traffic than Hyderabad. You can even read Suman's review, as he is based in NCR area.
This is definitely about the diesel.
Glass is offline  
Old 23rd June 2008, 08:58   #339
BHPian
 
InternetUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 46
Thanked: 3 Times
Thumbs up

There's a full page picture of the new Ford Fiesta S in the TOI Pune edition.

This is a great looking design!

This is now the best looking vehicle as well as the most fuel efficient in its segment. This will certainly sell in a big way.
InternetUser is offline  
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:45   #340
BHPian
 
praveen_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 457
Thanked: 120 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
3.Another change I noticed was the addition of a fuel cap lever (like in Maruti models). My sxi does not have this, instead the fuel cap gets unlocked when I release the front door lock.
I guess they changed that in the facelift before this one. My 2008 Zxi has a fuel cap open lever.
Quote:
7. The S model does not have leather vinyl seat covers, nor does it have adjustable headrests in the rear. It also does not have the folding armrest at the rear. The door trims in both models match with the seat colour. The leather vinyl in the sxi looks a bit brighter than the one in my car.
I did not have a detailed look but took a peek inside for a few mins. The interiors of the S is full black. Would have been nice if they included a two tone interiors.
Quote:
8. The 15" alloys on the S model sure look good. But the salesman says there was no suspension rework.But when I asked him if I could change my alloys for 15", he was flabbergasted. He said, 'No sir, the wheel arches in your car are not big enough'. I think he was not knowledgable enough, as many guys have gone in for 15" rims in this forum.
Even I was interested in knowing if I could fit the 15" in my car, but as I was in a bit of hurry could not ask the salesman about this. But if the suspension has not been changed, then it should take it without any issues.
Quote:
10. There is only a single chrome insert on the 3 spoke steering wheel. My car has 3--one on each spoke.
The 2 chrome inset has been removed in models with airbags. The Zxi has 3 chrome insets though.
Quote:
11. The sxi badge on the side of the car is now large, but I did not find it better than the older badge.
I noticed this was done on the sxi since the indicator in the side was moved to the ORVMs. Hence they put a bigger badge. This was done in the previous facelift when they introduced air-bags and Indicators in ORVMs.
praveen_v is offline  
Old 23rd June 2008, 12:15   #341
BHPian
 
AirWind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 809
Thanked: 76 Times
Default

Looks like FORD left the back with the same old bland look, the basic trim (EXi)doesnt match up to the fresh looking front though :-(
AirWind is online now  
Old 23rd June 2008, 14:05   #342
BHPian
 
Mp421b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 190
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
To sum up, the new Fiesta retains all the positives of the old one but is more appealing to the heart as much as its to the head and dare i say, its as much fun to drive as the Old Honda City Vtec.
Source

Seems like we finally have a true performance cars amongst the tall boys.
Mp421b is offline  
Old 25th June 2008, 03:12   #343
BHPian
 
Crazy_Eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 138
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
The price difference from model EXI to SXI goes on incresing doesn't understand why.?

For example (Ex Prices Delhi)

Petrol Diesel Difference
EXI 620000 710000 90000
ZXI 648000 749500 101500
SXI 710000 814000 114000

Doesn't understand why the price difference is further increasing with models
EXI - base
ZXI - EXI + few frills (~30k more)
SXI - ZXI + ABS + Airbags (~60k more)

What's there to understand? :P
Crazy_Eddy is offline  
Old 25th June 2008, 11:33   #344
BHPian
 
sathee46's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 465
Thanked: 8 Times
Unhappy Any info on Corprate pricing??

Any of you guys have any information on the corprate pricing of these new models, it's not out here in chennai.

There was diffrence of more than 65k for the old sxi as corprate discount, but the new price list has not come here yet.
sathee46 is offline  
Old 25th June 2008, 19:42   #345
BHPian
 
Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MegaBHPian* at Hyderabad
Posts: 252
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

As far as I have gathered, the corporate discount on the old SXI was about 25-30 K. And there won't be this special pricing for the first two months at least. But the basic corporate discount of 7-8 K (NFC?) is available even now.
Glass is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 188 21st June 2014 14:34
Ford Fiesta Sedan FACELIFT. EDIT : Now unveiled Eminenttismo The International Automotive Scene 42 16th December 2013 14:23
Ford Fiesta Classic Spotted. EDIT : Now launched! Klub Class The Indian Car Scene 332 25th August 2013 06:29
2009 New Suzuki Wagon-R launched in Japan EDIT: 2013 facelift launched in Japan thainogkok The International Automotive Scene 46 12th September 2012 08:44
Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5. frankmehta Sedans 108 18th August 2009 13:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks