Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 24th February 2008, 19:28   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Ford has launched yet another limited version of the Fiesta called Pace or something
its just a new marketing campaign, not a limited edition.
pace petrol=Performace, Agility/acceleration, Control, Economy.
and for diesel its diet diesel.
Old 3rd March 2008, 16:52   #62
BHPian

[FONT=Arial]Fords New Engine Plant is supposed to start giving outputs by april 2008.,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Any idea on the status? Cause then Fusion & Fiesta may become cheaper with Engines made in India.[/FONT]
Old 3rd March 2008, 17:17   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Ford has launched yet another limited version of the Fiesta called Pace or something
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
its just a new marketing campaign, not a limited edition.
pace petrol=Performace, Agility/acceleration, Control, Economy.
and for diesel its diet diesel.

I lost count of the models they launched..this would make it 16th for the Fiesta?

Diet Diesel => 1.4 : ( So no plan of brining the 1.6 TDCi?
Old 3rd March 2008, 17:23   #64
Senior - BHPian

Ford has this dump way of marketing and i wonder people are still falling for this kind of marketting gimmics.All these efforts have not made any consistent improvement on the sales chart.
ram
Old 22nd April 2008, 08:10   #65
BHPian

So what is the final result?

Is this diet , limited , whatever .. facelift of fiesta is the only facelift planned in 2008 or there is something else which is pending.

Earlier I thought dezire will make sure fiesta , verna will do some updates at their current pricing. But now in pune dezire diesel waiting is 6 months.

So I think we will not see some updates in fiesta , verna so soon

What do you guys think?
Old 22nd April 2008, 09:25   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
So what is the final result?

Is this diet , limited , whatever .. facelift of fiesta is the only facelift planned in 2008 or there is something else which is pending.

Earlier I thought dezire will make sure fiesta , verna will do some updates at their current pricing. But now in pune dezire diesel waiting is 6 months.

So I think we will not see some updates in fiesta , verna so soon

What do you guys think?
Hrishig frankly speaking i had started this thread few months back thinking that Fiesta will surely have a facelift this year. I dont think its happening. Sorry for the wrong update. Ford is planning to upgrade the Ikon which is due around August- Sept and the 1.4 TDCI will be plonked in it. Also since the New Fiesta hatchback is being launched worldwide i feel Ford might think of rather launching a sedan based on it. There is no official news from Ford yet about Fiesta.
Old 22nd April 2008, 20:50   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Hrishig frankly speaking i had started this thread few months back thinking that Fiesta will surely have a facelift this year. I dont think its happening. Sorry for the wrong update. Ford is planning to upgrade the Ikon which is due around August- Sept and the 1.4 TDCI will be plonked in it. Also since the New Fiesta hatchback is being launched worldwide i feel Ford might think of rather launching a sedan based on it. There is no official news from Ford yet about Fiesta.
So in such case buying fiesta diesel at this point of time will make sense?

I am planning to keep the car for min 3 yrs. After running for 40000km and then selling after 3 yrs can I expect 5.5 lkh for the same car in secondhand market?
Old 22nd April 2008, 22:20   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
So in such case buying fiesta diesel at this point of time will make sense?

I am planning to keep the car for min 3 yrs. After running for 40000km and then selling after 3 yrs can I expect 5.5 lkh for the same car in secondhand market?
I dont think its the right time to buy the Fiesta D. Ikon is going to be plonked with the same 1.4 TDCI engine. So most of them are expecting resale of Fiesta D to drop. If you can wait till July try giving a shot at the Linea ! I know its a Fiat but still it would be a great buy!
Old 22nd April 2008, 22:31   #69
Team-BHP Support

my bet is the ikon gets the 1.4 tdci and fiesta is relaunched with the 1.6 tdci
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:22   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
my bet is the ikon gets the 1.4 tdci and fiesta is relaunched with the 1.6 tdci
OTR at 5.5lac and 9.5lac?
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:56   #71
BHPian

Already more than 8lac OTR for full loaded fiesta ,so it will be only 9.5lac for new fiesta with 1.6tdci.
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:51   #72
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Already more than 8lac OTR for full loaded fiesta ,so it will be only 9.5lac for new fiesta with 1.6tdci.
I doubt. It is a replacement engine and thus, will be priced the same. At the most, the increase may be marginal.
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:41   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
OTR at 5.5lac and 9.5lac?
The petrol version of the Flair comes to almost 5.5 OTR Bangalore, so i seriously doubt this being emulated by the TDCi on the Ikon. I would say about 6-6.5 is more realistic. Even the Swift VDi comes at about 5.8 OTR Bangalore.
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:15   #74
BHPian

Discontinuing IKON may not be that great idea and ford wouldnt be thinking so especially when a cool new segment for low priced sedans is creating waves with the Indigo, Logan, Dzire. But still I feel IKON is not best suited for the modern 1.4TDCI engine and the car itself is a decade old design.

Though giving the 1.4TDCI in IKON plus a good A.S.S package will boost sales significantly and will allow ford play a big role in the low priced sedan segment. Then following their clear demarcation strategy they have to let go the 1.4TDCI in the fiesta and replace it with 1.6TDCI with marginal price increase and sacrifice in the mileage front. And how about bringing down the spares cost? They make helluva money from spares sales.
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:27   #75
Senior - BHPian

More realistic price of 6.5 OTR for Ikon TDCI should compete with the Dzire VDI. Fiesta 1.6 TDCI - anything in range of 8.5-9 lacs on road might be good enough.
Closed Thread