Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2009, 22:28   #316
BHPian
 
1-Testosterone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Amritsar
Posts: 388
Thanked: 37 Times
Default

Any idea will the top end model will offer Sun Roof?
1-Testosterone is offline  
Old 11th July 2009, 02:34   #317
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,202
Thanked: 2,094 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Now that makes sense. Not everyone needs a 4x4 and many people looking to buy the top-end Innova can spring for the base Fortuner if it's priced right.
I agree, although from reports there would only be a 4x4 version on offer. The demand for the 4x2 will definatly be more judging by the Endys sale.
Let's hope they get the 4x2 top end version priced at par with the Endy, I'm definatly in for it!
Sahil is offline  
Old 11th July 2009, 17:38   #318
Senior - BHPian
 
canonball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,466
Thanked: 188 Times
Default

Manuuj the RR cost 50 lacs less outside so same difference Come on if you looked at it really practically and objectively your fortuner argument applies to the RR as well you are being emtional about it not fair mate. Don't get me wrong both are great cars, but one is bigger status symbol than the other, hope that is not the reason you are applying different set of principles for each
canonball is offline  
Old 11th July 2009, 19:07   #319
BHPian
 
ScorpMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: DL/PB/HR
Posts: 359
Thanked: 121 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Any idea will the top end model will offer Sun Roof?
No. There is no Sun-Roof even on the top-end model.

Though, It'll have almost everything we can expect from a car of this class.
ScorpMan is offline  
Old 12th July 2009, 23:25   #320
BHPian
 
dilipkumar7278's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: COCHIN
Posts: 382
Thanked: 23 Times
Default Too good to be true

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Now that makes sense. Not everyone needs a 4x4 and many people looking to buy the top-end Innova can spring for the base Fortuner if it's priced right.
Is this information reliable? If it is ...wow.But as per the dealer here in cochin there is only one variant, costing around the 20lakh mark. 35 confirmed bookings till thursday...It seems now they have stopped taking new bookings...
Cheers
Dilip

Last edited by dilipkumar7278 : 12th July 2009 at 23:28.
dilipkumar7278 is offline  
Old 13th July 2009, 12:48   #321
Senior - BHPian
 
tanwaramit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dilwalon ki Dilli
Posts: 1,886
Thanked: 334 Times
Default

wow, even before official launch, there are bookings happening and there is a queue.
This cant go better than this for Toyota dealers.
tanwaramit is offline  
Old 13th July 2009, 13:00   #322
Senior - BHPian
 
McLaren Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore
Posts: 2,375
Thanked: 474 Times
Default

Yeah after all, the Innova is the only real success in Toyota now. The Altis sales have disappointed, the Camry is among the rarest cars around and the Prado and LC are too expensive to become volume sellers. Maybe the Fortuner is the model that spearheads the turnaround
McLaren Rulez is offline  
Old 13th July 2009, 13:35   #323
BHPian
 
ScorpMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: DL/PB/HR
Posts: 359
Thanked: 121 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Yeah after all, the Innova is the only real success in Toyota now. The Altis sales have disappointed, the Camry is among the rarest cars around and the Prado and LC are too expensive to become volume sellers. Maybe the Fortuner is the model that spearheads the turnaround
Altis Sales have disappointed? Mate, check the stats or ask Toyota. They are more than happy with the sales. Altis is leading its pack right now, and has a waiting period. Even the Corolla was a huge success for Toyota. Prado & LC were never meant to be volume sellers. Only the Camry has seen very limited success & that is only because of the absurd pricing, being a CBU.
ScorpMan is offline  
Old 13th July 2009, 13:52   #324
Senior - BHPian
 
McLaren Rulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Mysore
Posts: 2,375
Thanked: 474 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Altis Sales have disappointed? Mate, check the stats or ask Toyota. They are more than happy with the sales. Altis is leading its pack right now, and has a waiting period. Even the Corolla was a huge success for Toyota. Prado & LC were never meant to be volume sellers. Only the Camry has seen very limited success & that is only because of the absurd pricing, being a CBU.
Sorry . Guess I should have checked stats. I was under the mistaken impression that the Civic was leading the segment.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 13th July 2009 at 14:02.
McLaren Rulez is offline  
Old 13th July 2009, 13:57   #325
BHPian
 
Manuuj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Delhi.
Posts: 615
Thanked: 1,028 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Manuuj the RR cost 50 lacs less outside so same difference Come on if you looked at it really practically and objectively your fortuner argument applies to the RR as well you are being emtional about it not fair mate. Don't get me wrong both are great cars, but one is bigger status symbol than the other, hope that is not the reason you are applying different set of principles for each
hahahaha! you are right!

May be i was being a bit emotional about it but the point i was trying to make was that we did not mind shelling out double the price for a Range Rover but for a Fortuner i mind spending twice as much of hard earned cash simply because Toyota can easily produce the vehicle here given the numbers in demand and make a healthy profit at a lower price.

If they can manufacture and sell in thailand for 11-12 lacs why not here!?

Also the Range Rover is more than a status symbol atleast to me..for me it represents the epitome of refinement and understated class that no Escalade or Hummer can offer.

It is a marvel of engineering in all aspects of Driveability, Safety, Off road Performance and Luxury.

That is why i said that my brother did not mind spending twice as much for a RR..the Fortuner somehow does not qualify for the same indulgence.

That said i would still buy it even if it was at a 20 lac pricepoint though i believe 15-16 lacs is a FAIR price to pay.

Cheers! (-:

Last edited by Manuuj : 13th July 2009 at 13:59.
Manuuj is offline  
Old 13th July 2009, 19:42   #326
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
wow, even before official launch, there are bookings happening and there is a queue.
This cant go better than this for Toyota dealers.
Called one of the dealers in Bangalore. They already have around 35 bookings and if one books Fortuner now, it would be delivered only in October (or may be November).

The expected Launch date is August 23rd
hondadude is offline  
Old 14th July 2009, 16:39   #327
BHPian
 
Fortuner71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mysore
Posts: 386
Thanked: 265 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Called one of the dealers in Bangalore. They already have around 35 bookings and if one books Fortuner now, it would be delivered only in October (or may be November).

The expected Launch date is August 23rd
Vehicle not launched but already the bookings have begun ? Any idea on the price if bookings have started ?
Fortuner71 is online now  
Old 14th July 2009, 16:47   #328
BHPian
 
ScorpMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: DL/PB/HR
Posts: 359
Thanked: 121 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Sorry . Guess I should have checked stats. I was under the mistaken impression that the Civic was leading the segment.
Missed the mighty successful Qualis in that list.
ScorpMan is offline  
Old 14th July 2009, 20:25   #329
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Vehicle not launched but already the bookings have begun ? Any idea on the price if bookings have started ?
Right now booking amount is one lakh. Expected on road price (as per the dealer) is around 24L (assuming ex-showroom of around 20L).

One of my cousin in Indore is also planning to book it. He has been hearing the ex-showroom price of 18L from the dealer there.
hondadude is offline  
Old 14th July 2009, 23:21   #330
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NA
Posts: 513
Thanked: Once
Default

"Bookings already"!!! Good lord, people are crazy or money overflowing out of their wallets!
Such practices push manufacturers to jack up prices like hell, then people cry about it, can't they control their senses somewhat!
bhp1 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Speed Sprint Drag Race @ Jaipur: Sunday, 24th August 2014 sudev Indian Motorsport 0 17th August 2014 19:07
Toyota Fortuner vs Upcoming Face-Lifted Toyota Fortuner dkaile SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 45 12th August 2011 22:20
AUDI to launch R8 in India. EDIT : Launch pics on Pg. 3 SumitBahl The Indian Car Scene 76 23rd March 2011 12:16
Solgere OTR with the Bangalore Jeepers on 24th August 2008 aquamaverick 4x4 Excursions 38 4th September 2008 13:07
Lewis Hamilton to visit Mumbai on July 24th! EDIT: PICS added! PhrozenFire Int'l Motorsport 25 26th July 2008 02:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks