Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 29th February 2008, 17:38   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Whats more, he has also struck an awesome "verbal" deal with Fiat guys.The plan is to buy the Bravo after the tour is complete at virtually half the on road price. So thats around 8-10 lakhs !
Well, talk about Fiat's resale value

Jokes apart, he is one lucky bloke. The mere specs of this machine gets me interested in it. But alas, Fiat is pricing it astronomically.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008, 17:49   #182
Senior - BHPian

Guys did you see any Safari's. I read that Safari's are along there with the 612s
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008, 18:44   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Well, talk about Fiat's resale value
. Thats a good one. But I think its more do with his remuneration for the entire trip. I believe there might be some adjustment of his remuneration with the price of the car. But then again, dont know if his "verbal agreement" with them will materialise.
What a life eh? Live a dream and get paid for it as well !
roms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008, 19:01   #184
Senior - BHPian

If you go by this article, it seems that Fiat is planning to localise Bravo to bring down the price. I guess this will be a sensible move.
Fiat India drives into lifestyle segment- Auto-Specials-The Economic Times

As you say, living a dream and getting paid for it is great!
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2008, 19:43   #185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Guys did you see any Safari's. I read that Safari's are along there with the 612s
There are Tata Wingers as well. Check my album for pictures.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2008, 13:55   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Which car was driven by Manoj then?
Manoj is driving the FIAT BRAVA 1.9
praveen_sathaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 00:21   #187
BHPian

Ok guys. Firstly i think you all owe Farhaad Arora(Agent4ferrari) an apology. I am close to him and also to the "Young Man" from National Garage, and YES for HEAVENS SAKE they do import ferraris and maseratis!. Infact they even give you a warranty!. Technicians fly down every now and then from singapore and get these cars repaired/serviced etc at nationalgarage mahalakshmi. If anyone has a doubt about these guys capability read my threat on "I caressed a Maserati Gransport..." here on tbhp. Heres now it works!. Ferrari always works on an allocation(i'm in the auto industry so believe me..i'm ur most credible source..) They work on a cap on production annually. If they cant produce more than X they dont expand their distribution. Which means Farhaad has to buy from a country that has the allocation. Hong she(wrong spelling) offers to back the warranty and also supplies cars to NG here. Not sure why the guy in Singapore didnt confirm this unless its confidential. As for NG not being credible, Mr Ratan Tata actually is on very good terns with the NG dealerships owner and has even come on one occasion to spend an hour chatting in order to thank NG for fixing his caddy(which for the record couldnt be fixed by anyone in tatamotors...and yeah i work for GM..so dont complain about your opels!). I think more than a belief problem it is a lack of faith in the fact that someone can actually work in a job they like. You guys seem to be just plain jelous with no capacity to buy the cars and Farhaad if you do read this post, its good to be a little aggressive in life!. So now whoever has a problem with Farhaad being an importer or not, work hard in life so that one day you may be able to afford one of these cars and stop squabbling like old women. Oh and for the record(farhaad confirm this to the oldies on this thread), a 308 GTS is at National garage now getting repaired with GENUINE spares!
sudarshansarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 09:34   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

the dates when the Ferraris will be in Bangalore is known. But where will thgey be ? who are the sponsors ? From where will it be flagged off ? What route will they take ?

Someone please help me !
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 09:57   #189
BHPian

Can some one please let me know when the Ferraris are going to be in Mysore and Bangalore? I am dying to see them in the flesh
prashanthyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 10:14   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
Can some one please let me know when the Ferraris are going to be in Mysore and Bangalore? I am dying to see them in the flesh
Mysore --- 3rd March and 4th March.

Bangalore --- 16th to 18th march
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 22:58   #191

Default Magic India Discovery

Guys, I was sooooo fortunate to see these beauties in real. I was driving back to Bangalore from my Home Town (Chickmagalure). I happen to see Ferrari going towards my hometown. After going ahead some 40 Kms I thought I shouldnt miss this opertunity and see them to my content. I was driving in an Alto. I turned back and ripped my Alto (reached 145 on speedo) to chase Ferrari . Finally I could catch them. I just followed them for abt 30 mins. They were gorup of 7 cars. ( 1 Tata Indica, 1 Tata Safari, 1 Tata pick-up, 1 FIAT Bravo, 1 FIAT 500 and 2 Ferriaries). While I was following them, luckily they stopped for a small break and I was able to take a closer look and touch Ferrari take a look inside the car and Talk to those lucky drivers. It was a great moment of my life.

I have uploaded the video in You Tube. Here is the link
glmohan2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 14:55   #192
Senior - BHPian

isn't there any more update on the tour? nobody seems to speak up.
14000rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 17:00   #193
BHPian

Default The team reached Cochin

Check out the crowd. Managed to click some snaps though

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...hes-kochi.html
vivekji05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 17:39   #194
BHPian

Guys,

Pls....

Post Dates For Hyderabad Too Along With Venues????

Waiting For Your Replies...
VC12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2008, 22:30   #195
BHPian

So where can we catch these beasts in Bangalore...Any idea.?
roopakr is offline   Reply With Quote