Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th February 2008, 18:09   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent4ferrari View Post
its gonna be two 612 Scaglietti F1s with under body reinforcements to be toured from city to city throughout India.
I read it somewhere that Fiat is planning to do a Ferrari event in India as a precursor to the launches of Grande Punto and Linea. Is this the same one?
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 18:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
its gonna be two 612 Scaglietti F1s with under body reinforcements to be toured from city to city throughout India.
So what exactly is the plan of action? Are the Scagliettis going to drive on a Monday morning in peak hour traffic? It would be nice if you could confirm the date and timings please and where one can get to see the Enzo and the 612s of course
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 06:38   #33
BHPian

Fiat plans to bring Alfa Romeo to India by 4th quarter of 2008
19 Feb, 2008, 0000 hrs IST,Gouri Agtey Athale, TNN

PUNE: The black prancing horse on the canary yellow background is the internationally understood insignia of the Ferrari. In less than a fortnight, two of these Ferraris will zip around the country on a two-and-a-half month ‘Magic of India’ tour, beginning from Mumbai. They will be accompanied by a Fiat Cinquecento (500) and a Bravo, as part of Fiat India’s promotional blitz to announce its second coming.

“This is the Magic of India drive which will begin from Mumbai by the end of this month. From Mumbai, it will go south, then east and across the rest of the country,” Rajeev Kapoor, CEO, Fiat India said, immediately adding, “There are no plans to bring the Ferrari to India.”

While it may not bring in the Ferrari just yet, the Alfa Romeo is certainly coming, perhaps by the last quarter of this calendar year. “We are evaluating the Indian market and the price points (at which the car can come) and a study is currently on. Our plans to bring in the car should be ready by the middle of the year and we expect to see a few Alfa Romeos on Indian roads by the fourth quarter of this year,” Mr Kapoor said. The Alf Romeo is priced in a band similar to the BMW 3 and 5 series sedans, that is, in a range of Rs 27 lakh to just over Rs 42 lakh.

Admitting that the Magic Of India drive was part of Fiat India’s promotional activities, Mr Kapoor said the drive will also allow them to evaluate road conditions in the country. Hence, the accompanying Fiat 500 and the Bravo, both of which are scheduled for launch in May. All the cars in the Magic of India drive will be CBUs, since the Fiat 500 (upwards of Rs. 10 lakh) and the Bravo, at Rs. 16 lakh onwards, are premium priced models. Fiat India will launch the Linea in the last quarter of this year.

SOURCE: The Economic Times: Latest business, finance, markets, stocks, company news from India.

Last edited by spawnofsatan : 19th February 2008 at 06:39.
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 09:14   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
The move is aimed at creating awareness that Ferrari will officially launch its models in India in the coming months. Farhaad Vijay Arora, spokesperson of the Ferrari dealership in India, however, declined to comment on the event. However, sources said that the F430 will be the first model from the stable to be brought into India. The F430 will be available in both the coupe and spider trims.
There is already awareness that Ferrari will be launching through Tata. I don't know why they would want to launch with a small time salesman operating out of a GM dealership.

Quote:
“The plan is to drive the Ferraris around Marine Drive for a couple of hours, so that it creates a definite impression that Ferrari is coming to India,’’ they said. The cars will be driven by trained Ferrari personnel, who will accompany the team of technicians.
If you are talking about the 612's then they are not Ferrari trained personnel but Journalists taking the cars around.

Quote:
Enzo Ferrari—the most powerful naturally aspirated production car— might also be displayed. But Ferrari doesn’t have any immediate plans to launch this in India yet.
This is just a media hype IMO. I'd believe that National garage is authorised by Ferrari only if they manage to get down this car.

Quote:
At present, Ferraris are imported by Mumbai-based National Garage, a distributor who has a tie-up with a Ferrari dealership in Singapore.
I thought Ferrari didn't have a production capacity in Singapore, do they? If this is the way of working then I don't think National Garage is official.

Quote:
Recently, Luca di Montezemolo, the chairman of Fiat SpA—the parent company of Ferrari—has stated that emerging markets like China and India are of crucial importance for the Italian supercar maker.
Is Luca or any of the Ferrari officials from Maranello coming down for the event?
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 11:25   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
yeah the enzo will be around.
I'll be damned!! Agent4ferrari : Can you confirm this? Okay, I know you already have, but this is just too good to be true.

Hoping for the best. Guys, seeing an Enzo in person is an inexplicable experience. Watching one high-revv on Marine Drive will blow our minds .
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 12:26   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Watching one high-revv on Marine Drive will blow our minds .
There is no mention of the enzo being driven (esp on those roads).
It will probably be "on display" only.... though if they could manage a few rounds, that would be nice!

cya
R

ps - There were so many manufacturers / sponsors / others talking about showcasing F1 cars driving down marine drive...now THAT i would love to see!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th February 2008 at 12:27.
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 21:16   #37
BHPian

It's great that Fiat India has Ferraris coming in to showcase their brand and its going to be really a sight to behold. Though I still want some clarification on the dealership of Ferrari. From the news source of the Economic Times and Times of India, it seems that Ferrari is yet not officially entering India and National Garage is just an importer as previously stated and nothing more. There's just too much BS going around.
Enzo on Indian roads will definitely be the icing on the cake if so for Fiat.
Guess? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2008, 23:55   #38
BHPian

NO ENZO GUYS. IT WAS A SARCASTIC REMARK! By the way manufacturers dont sell the cars directly to consumers Moralfibre, they always require dealerships to route orders through and provide after sales service. Even Tata cars are routed though local dealers like United, Han etc. Nobody has ever mentioned that Ferraris are manufactured in Singapore. Its used for handling bookings thats it.
agent4ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 01:41   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
NO ENZO GUYS. IT WAS A SARCASTIC REMARK! By the way manufacturers dont sell the cars directly to consumers Moralfibre, they always require dealerships to route orders through and provide after sales service. Even Tata cars are routed though local dealers like United, Han etc. Nobody has ever mentioned that Ferraris are manufactured in Singapore. Its used for handling bookings thats it.
Yeah I know they send it to dealerships. But I haven't heard of a dealership buying a car from another dealership and terming itself to be an authorized dealer. Do you have a Ferrari board put up on your National Garage outlet? Did Ferrari handover an authorized dealership to you without having an exclusive showroom space with their basic requirements. Like for example if I were to start Hard Rock Cafe in Pune then I would first have to be compliant to the Hard Rock Cafe Vendor Compliance Manual - https://www.hardrock.com/corporate/c...HRVCG07-08.pdf I cannot start a Hard Rock Cafe in a Cafe Coffee Day outlet, can I?

We are seriously offtopic here.

This event involves Fiat India from whatever information I could gather and the two Ferrari's look like this:

Pics taken from the internet. Don't have the link.
Old 20th February 2008, 02:03   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
NO ENZO GUYS. IT WAS A SARCASTIC REMARK! .
Why don't you quit the sarcasm for a change boss.
Were you being "sarcastic" about the 612s also?

As a so called "ferrari agent" you should be the last one creating rumors of this sort.

Pardon me for being blunt guys.

Last edited by Sahil : 20th February 2008 at 02:06.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 02:05   #41
BHPian

these are pics of the chineese endurance test tour and you cant compare coffee with a cars market ok unless you talking of the Nano. Yes the cars will look similar to what you have posted. well its not a dealership under a dealership, its a dealership under the distributor. and yess all that you mentioned is present my dear friend. A full fledged dealership takes five years of proving one self. Same was in china too. Also you need to understand its easy to start and runt he show for a mass consumer product/service. We are dealing with low volume ultra exclusive stuff here baby. Sustainability of niche products in the Indian economy needs to be dealt with carefully and not end up in losses from the word go. One needs to build up a base on which one can build further to absorb any fluctuations during the full throttle running of the business too. An mind you sir, a dealership of such products are not like something small like your worlds show. It requires super great credentials to back you up to have such thing in the media. its not like mereko ferrari ka dealer banneka hai! lol hahaha!!! In many countries Ferrari is not present as a corporate, but the regional dealer itself is consider the corporate head for that region. So think before whom you label a small time sales man ok and with all due respect, they are well built nice quality cars but I don't look after GM sales please nor am I just any small time sales man for Ferraris/Maseratis. it feels foolish to talk wiht you even. Nowonder all the biggies dont entertain all queries now i understand. Thought id be people friendly and less snobbish but it doesnt seem to work.
agent4ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 20th February 2008, 02:18   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
“This is the Magic of India drive which will begin from Mumbai by the end of this month. From Mumbai, it will go south, then east and across the rest of the country,” Rajeev Kapoor, CEO, Fiat India said, immediately adding, “There are no plans to bring the Ferrari to India.”
agent4ferrrari, the CEO of Fiat India doesn't know you probably. I quit this discussion as the points made by you do not convince me to label you as a Ferrari dealer. You want me to believe that BMW, Audi, Rolls Royce, VW, Lamborghini, Porsche did not take the right route to India and gave their selling rights via some distributor in a south east Asian country operating out of Maruti Suzuki dealerships?

You wouldn't be termed an official agent. Not by me at least and its easy to label yourself whatever you want. You don't realise that you are unofficially giving the supercar brand a bad name in the market. And talking about your credentials, the less said the better we all know of quad cam quad turbo Skoda's.

Last edited by moralfibre : 20th February 2008 at 02:21.
Old 20th February 2008, 02:22   #43
Senior - BHPian

Kiran, forget it. Us mere mortals with our 4-cylinder econoboxes are not fit to talk to 'the biggies', as this guy has put it. Evidently rich people don't ask questions.

I wonder how this guy has no infractions. Keeps using SMS language, and his posts are very reader-unfriendly.

Hey mktgheadferrari/agent4ferrari/whatever, here's a thought: be nicer to people, and use spaces and line breaks. Maybe sales will go up.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 02:45   #44
BANNED

I came in to read some good words about Ferrari and lo! What do we have here? Who is this agent? I don't remember reading his intro thread.
Sir, I don't understand what you meant in some of the posts You've made here. Especially the last one. It would be better if you follow Mr. V1p3r's (why he gets infracted is a different story altogether! ) suggestions or head on to Sam's How to post in proper english thread. That'll save you from getting infractions. Our moderators work hard to maintain the quality of the forum. So, please understand.
But I think it would be better to post your position at Ferrari. That would end all the debate. And from the quality of the posts we've seen here, it is really bringing some wrong thoughts and misinterpretations about you.
No offence meant.

As long as I know (and I'm sure many others too), every Ferrari is always a Fiat. So, I don't think Ferrari will byepass Fiat India to operate it's own network here. They'll have some coordination happening. Atleast the CEO of Fiat India will know what to expect from Ferrari here.

Last edited by speedzak : 20th February 2008 at 02:48.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 02:45   #45
BHPian

hahaha ya the quad cam saga! how can i forget that though that was not me ok. my account was misused. and thanks for your kind advice viper. though i am supposed to be stuck up like all the others, i don't like talking this way but if some one falsely alleges someone it will surely upset that person to give it back. and iv not said we get our cars from the south east asian maruti dealer. i tried to explain its not like getting a maruti dealership. theres a difference. we operate under a distributor and not a dealer. its like any product has a stockist, an importer and a retailer. it doesn't happen that way in the coffee shop industry but it does in the case of packaged coffee packed distribution of imported brands in india. i dont blame kiran. maybe he is not fully informed and has not witnessed the press releases in the past or the soft launch party. maybe he may not want to believe too bad for him but all of our clients first come and see the documents to check our official rating/standing and after sales service backup inventory. And yes, i cant comment on all the brands kiran has mentioned but surely and confidently can say that bmw, Rolls, Lambo, and VW did start in exactly the same way. however these companies were less fussy and had a shorter testing period. Yes i have "earned" a lot of loyal infractions. lol. tembhp mods have been really sharp at that. You got me wrong on the questions asked my rich people. Id meant it exactly the opposite as you took it.
Yes speedzak you are totally right but i am sure as a senior bhpian you are aware about how some people inspight of knowing things cant divulge into the details for the media. Also in some countries where Fiat is present, Ferrari operates absolutely independently. many times all are aware but not allowed to comment to avoid controversy.

Last edited by agent4ferrari : 20th February 2008 at 02:51.
agent4ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote