Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 20th February 2008, 02:56   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent4ferrari View Post
bmw, Rolls, Lambo, and VW did start in exactly the same way.
I dont mean to butt into this arguement going on, i rather stay out of it.

BUT let me clarify , you cant really compare National garage's standing with the way BMW and the above mentioned cars started in India.
Yes BMW did start with Navnit as an official importer but Navnit was directly linked to BMW in Germany and cars were imported directly from the factory.
Unlike national garage that imports it from south east asia or wherever, hence they are sub distributors for the dealership in south east asia.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 03:12   #47
BHPian

nono you got it wrong then even national is importing directly from Italy itself. its only for administrative purposes that we come under the south east asian subnet distribution for the asian continent for routing bookings. Like how RR was through Dubai for bookings but car came from Britain only. our sales figures addup to the sales figures of asia in total. cars for whole of this region are to be booked through singapore but the units are shipped from ferrari italy to indian only. cars are imported from italy to india in name of the indian importer with a factory invoice.

Last edited by agent4ferrari : 20th February 2008 at 03:20.
agent4ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 04:12   #48
BHPian

@speedzak, vip3r, moralfibre

I agree with you guys a 100% !!!

@agent4ferrari

No offense meant her but, I firstly need to say to you, you claim that you are not some small time dealer/salesman, but have a very high position. I just want to know what person in your "claimed" position would use words like "lol, iv" and extremely bad English? And thank you for not being snobbish and talking to us mere mortals, I am sure we are all greatly indebted to you !!!!
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 08:03   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Like how RR was through Dubai for bookings but car came from Britain only
Rubbish, all Rolls Royyce bookings have been through Navnit. India comes under Dubai for Rolls Royce operations.

How come Ferrari do not list you as a dealer on the website, yet alone acknowledge your presence?
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 10:16   #50
BHPian

Arrow

OK people,
Dont mean to break the debate here but when exactly is the show,
on the 24th or the 25th? And at what time?

Also, does anyone agree to my suggestion?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Also, i have an idea, since so many BHPians are going to come, why not try to have a meeting place and park all BHP cars in a row! It will be great publicity and also a good way to see each others rides Just a thought.

P.S. - If anyone has an extra TBHP sticker with them & is coming for the Ferrari show, please get it and PM me. Would love to have one on my car.
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 10:34   #51
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Actually, never mind. I just remembered this - Supposed picture of an Enzo in India.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 11:03   #52
F50
Senior - BHPian

How? and Where? do you intend to service the Ferraris?.
Dont tell me National Garage!
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 11:43   #53
BHPian

Even my Astra getting serviced there is a pain until i call the manager
And the prices are Then again, a person who can afford a Ferrari wont care about the prices.
Old 20th February 2008, 12:25   #54
BHPian

Yes xehaust, they are already being serviced since 2005 and infact very very successfully. some of the owners are sending their lambos for repairs too at our place. Yes GTO but that was the past.
Yes ajmat thats wht exactly i meant that RR in india comes under dubai, similar is the case with Ferrari.
Dear spawn iv been introduced to teambhp by a very close and dear friend of mine. Hence I am very casual and hate being artificial and just put up a front. Now are you guys gonna make me repent for treating you all on my level by forcing me to behave like any other corporate exec? Iv helped outsomany of my friends from this forum, got them jobs and helped them with crucial information for their ownselves, given off tips. Ive made somany valuable friends from this forum, why should i want to act like a biggie jerk. I respect you and your passion for wheels and love you all. Mind you nomater how big a person may be they all when amongst friends, talk very very casually. There is nothing more comforting than being your own ego less self. You all are not just mere mortals. And nobody shall treat you as that way. God has made us humans, and thats enough for all of us to be equally proud of one another.

Last edited by agent4ferrari : 20th February 2008 at 12:42.
Old 20th February 2008, 12:29   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Even my Astra getting serviced there is a pain until i call the manager
And the prices are Then again, a person who can afford a Ferrari wont care about the prices.
which branch are you having your car serviced at? many times you must realise that the manufacturer goofs up and the dealer has to bear the brunt of the end consumer. And all ferrari consumers are very very very price conscious trust me on that one. Infact many times the other cars because are run by drivers and maintained in company accounts their owners dont pay much attention, but with ferraris, since they are owner driven and only people who really love their cars buy a Ferrari, they take allot of keen interest in every tiny aspect too.

Last edited by agent4ferrari : 20th February 2008 at 12:32.
Old 20th February 2008, 12:55   #56
BHPian

Hey man, my bad, should have mentioned which branch of National Garage.
Its the National Garage at Haji Ali. Man they are unprofessional. It is only when the servicing manager is called that things are done.

Recently paid over 2K just for oil filter & oil change and had to wait over an hour to give my car for service. There was an elderly gentleman who was waiting for more time than me & i felt so bad for him, he had come all the way from the suburbs. Then called the Servicing Manager (very nice man) & he got things done immediately and the way they should be done (Mr. Cyrus). And this was just recently, in fact, whenever ive gone there for servicing, ive always had a very bad experience.

Also, always have to waste an hour when i give or pickup my car from servicing as the car is never ready on time even though i call and tell them. Eg. ill tell them ill be there by 430 and they say the car will be ready, then when i am there by 435, they say they are getting the car from their parking and it takes like 45 mins to get it and another 15 mins just to make the payment. And this is not a one-off incident either. Happens everytime, have complained but to no avail, so have even stopped doing that.

Another thing worth mentioning is that whenever my car goes there, for any sort of mechanical work, when i get it back, within a week it has to go back for some other job. I feel that they are messing around with the car. Off late, apart from the oil change, i havnent got any mechanical job done by them and my car is working just fine since the past year.

Eg. for this would be when last year in Jan i gave my car for normal servicing (mechanicals involved), the AC was just fine but when i got it back, it wasnt working. Told them about this the next day and they said it wasnt working in the 1st place!!! After that i only know how much time was wasted and how i got it done.
Since then, whenever i give my car, i make sure to get the AC checked by them before i give it and have never had a problem since.

Unfortunately i dont know any other place to get an Opel car serviced, else would have changed the servicing provider long back. Perhaps you could help me out

Last edited by Xehaust : 20th February 2008 at 13:04.
Old 20th February 2008, 13:10   #57
BHPian

I must apologise on their behalf, but the next time whenever you going please let me know id guide you who to meet at National. Cant post all that on public forums. One of my cars is also a Astra Automatic.
Old 20th February 2008, 13:18   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent4ferrari View Post
Yes xehaust, they are already being serviced since 2005 and infact very very successfully. some of the owners are sending their lambos for repairs too at our place. Yes GTO but that was the past.
Yes ajmat thats wht exactly i meant that RR in india comes under dubai, similar is the case with Ferrari.
Dear spawn iv been introduced to teambhp by a very close and dear friend of mine. Hence I am very casual and hate being artificial and just put up a front. Now are you guys gonna make me repent for treating you all on my level by forcing me to behave like any other corporate exec? Iv helped outsomany of my friends from this forum, got them jobs and helped them with crucial information for their ownselves, given off tips. Ive made somany valuable friends from this forum, why should i want to act like a biggie jerk. I respect you and your passion for wheels and love you all. Mind you nomater how big a person may be they all when amongst friends, talk very very casually. There is nothing more comforting than being your own ego less self. You all are not just mere mortals. And nobody shall treat you as that way. God has made us humans, and thats enough for all of us to be equally proud of one another.
Hey Farhad well said.
By the way there is no favouritism in my earlier statement, just liked what he said .

Farhad whats the scene going to be like on Feb 25, i mean traffic wise, is it going to be a sole ferrari drive across marine drive or along with the usual traffic, as Monday morning peak traffic hours during the event. any press conferences before or after the event , would like to attend them. Thanx
SohailPistawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2008, 13:22   #59
BHPian

Nice to hear you also have an Astra, how about some pics in your profile (If possible)
And thanks for the help, will definately PM you the next time i go.

P.S. - If you are a head authority, i would also like to mention that once when i wanted to complain and talk to or meet the top authority, they declined to give me the number or make me speak to the concerned!!!
Anyways, that was quite a while back and i think ive sulked enough
Sorry to make this thread a complaint thread people.

Now for relevance to the thread, how about what Sohail has said. Am pretty excited about the event but am confused over the details. Have posted twice before regarding my queries and a possible Meet but no answer. Guess no-one is interested on a meet on Monday morning, hehe. Anyways, you all will definately spot my car on marine drive whenever the event is there.

Last edited by Xehaust : 20th February 2008 at 13:36.
Old 20th February 2008, 13:28   #60
BHPian

relax its nice to hear out the consumers will help us serve better. I understand, but we have to sometimes implement such measures to help us carry on our day to day work seamlessly. Managers are expected to handle complaints. Other execs have their own role to play. If all keep interchanging their works, then their duties go for a toss. Hope you understand. Most of the times it so happens that lateron even when nothing is wrong they want the execs to attend to their cars right from the start even when nothing goes wrong. We hate it when some people behave asif they can throw money and own the world and everything and anything or anyone.

Last edited by agent4ferrari : 20th February 2008 at 13:34.