Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 22nd February 2008, 01:52   #91
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess? View Post
Ferrari Magic India Discovery

EDIT:
So it seems that it's not arranged by Fiat but rather Ferrari itself. Or I could be wrong. There doesn't seem to be any indication directly. It's a shame Ferrari isn't officially getting in the country with its own dealer and service network. It would certainly attract a ton of buyers who are waiting right now due to unavailability of service and having to maintain the car themselves (ala BMW).
Guess? Fiat India is directly involved with the event in association with TATA Motors as well. They are running a Fiat 500 and a Fiat Bravo along with the Ferrari's. If you look at the cars closely you'll also see the Fiat and Tata Motors logo's on the side of the cars plus that of various participating companies. Although the major chunk of the expense might be borne by Ferrari, hospitality partners are Taj group of Hotels, Airline partners are Indian Airlines, etc. etc.

OT: did you guys observe the mudflaps on the Ferrari's . Autoblog

Last edited by moralfibre : 22nd February 2008 at 01:55.
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 01:54   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess? View Post
Great ! That article really set things straight. So a few things are now clear:

-There is no Enzo coming
-The event is on the 25th and not the 24th
-The cars are not going to be driving around marine drive all day, probably just pass by en route.
-NG has absoultly nothing to do with this event, so i dont know why the Indian press even bothered asking "agentferrari" anything.
-Team-Bhpians all over India would be able to get a glimse of it as the cars pass their cities !
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 03:02   #93

Agent4Ferrari, I am quite confused. If you say that you are an authorized dealer, than why partner up with Ferrari of Singapore. Ferrari would considered India a seperate region altogether. Meaning if they were to consider you as an authorize distributor, they would directly support you on allocation, apparel, branding and training. I guess what you are doing is Ferrari of Singapore is training all your service and sales people. Your allocation is whatever excess inventory Singapore has or they order more from the factory direct to fulfill your orders. So to Ferrari you are invisible. Ferrari thinks that whatever Singapore orders is what they are consuming. You mentioned that National Garage directly imports the cars from Italy,then why is the booking of sales done through Singapore? I could today call up any Ferrari dealer which has the correct specs for India and start buying cars from them and sell into India. Its just a matter of setting up a showroom and make the investment. I understand Ferrari is a little tougher to deal compared to others. I know from personal experience(Friend owns Ferrari Beverly Hills). But once Ferrari has made up their mind, they will go in with whoever and setup an authorize dealer. You may think that tieing up with Singapore and slowly build up sales in India through them, Ferrari may notice that and eventually support you. Doesn't work that way with Ferrari, maybe with Rolls and Lamborghini.
vtandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 08:45   #94
BANNED

as a media person got invitation for it but still not sure whether i will be attending the event

Please find appended below the media invitation on behalf of FERRARI S.p.a announcing the launch of Magic India Discovery Tour. is organised by Tata Motors in association with Fiat, TCS and Indian Hotels Co Ltd will kick off with a press conference on Monday, Feb 25, 2008 at 10.30am at Rooftop Rendezvous, The Hotel Taj Mahal Palace & Tower, Colaba, Mumbai.

This will be followed by the flag-off of the FERRARI Cars at the hands of Mr. Ratan Tata, Chairman, Tata Sons and Mr. John Elkann, Vice Chairman, Fiat Group. We look forward to your presence for this exciting initiative.

Last edited by fx45 : 22nd February 2008 at 08:46.
fx45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 11:03   #95
Senior - BHPian

Default Survival will be key

I really wonder, can these ferraris survive without any support vehicles?
I dont think so.
I believe that survival on indian roads will be the key to their success.
aaggoswami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 13:16   #96
Senior - BHPian

are we having sub dealers for ferrari in india.outrageous.i dont personally feel that it would be good enough options as people would be pleased to deal with someone who is a responsiblity of the parent company.
whats the difficulty for ferrari to come directly to india.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 13:53   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
are we having sub dealers for ferrari in india.outrageous.i dont personally feel that it would be good enough options as people would be pleased to deal with someone who is a responsiblity of the parent company.
whats the difficulty for ferrari to come directly to india.
ram
Apparently, all this run is to test Ferraris in India and find their road worthiness. I have read in many articles and some interviews of Fiat India people to auto magazines that Ferrari is planning on coming directly to India in another year or so.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 16:00   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

do I get to drive this car in Kolkata being an employee of TCS, I can then forget the salary cut
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 17:14   #99
BHPian

Its definitely gonna hit the TCS premises, TCS being a sponsor. So you may get to see and touch it, but drive.....
Now you know, where is the money from your salary cut is going ....Ferrari All India tour....you should be happy, your salary cut was for a noble cause.
vrooooooom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 22:31   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

When will it come to Bangalore ?

Can anyone put up the complete detailed schedule here ?
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 22:40   #101
BHPian

Nikhilb, click on the link in post 91 above the picture.
All details are present.
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 23:02   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooooooom View Post
Its definitely gonna hit the TCS premises, TCS being a sponsor. So you may get to see and touch it, but drive.....
\.
I can't help but imagining some characters in that premises taking a dekko and asking "how much does it give?" or "what is the Tata employee discount?".
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 23:04   #103
BHPian

Hahahaa, nice one 1100D
Almost fell off my chair!
Xehaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 23:08   #104
BHPian

which two blokes are gonna be running around in these scaglietti's?
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2008, 23:50   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
I can't help but imagining some characters in that premises taking a dekko and asking "how much does it give?" or "what is the Tata employee discount?".
Good one..
If Tata gets the Nano with these two, we might see more TCS employees interested in the Nano.
vrooooooom is offline   Reply With Quote