Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 23rd February 2008, 01:28   #106
BHPian

Sahil, N has allot to do with this even in terms of valuable feedback and ownership experience of exisiting units sold. Also the idea and initiative with the concept for the publicity and mileage in terms of promotions and awareness, not to mention creating faith that Ferraris are fit to run under brutal conditions of India seamlessly.
Vtandon, I agree with what your say, but its not totally correct about what you know, regarding what we doing. Its not that we are just simply trying to gather sales and then apply for dealerships. To the contrary its the other way round. Dealerships for Ferrari dont happen outright, there are several stages and phases to cross. Its a very gradual process. Its like giving birth to a baby. Even the conceiving phase is pretty tough. But the outcomes are well cherished. Hard labour feels worth it at end of every stage.
agent4ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 01:33   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent4ferrari View Post
Its like giving birth to a baby. Even the conceiving phase is pretty tough.
I find it quite easy, intuitive in fact.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 01:43   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Sahil, N has allot to do with this even in terms of valuable feedback and ownership experience of exisiting units sold. Also the idea and initiative with the concept for the publicity and mileage in terms of promotions and awareness, not to mention creating faith that Ferraris are fit to run under brutal conditions of India seamlessly.
Vtandon, I agree with what your say, but its not totally correct about what you know, regarding what we doing. Its not that we are just simply trying to gather sales and then apply for dealerships. To the contrary its the other way round. Dealerships for Ferrari dont happen outright, there are several stages and phases to cross. Its a very gradual process. Its like giving birth to a baby. Even the conceiving phase is pretty tough. But the outcomes are well cherished. Hard labour feels worth it at end of every stage.
With luxury products its all about reputation. (Our family has been representing a few since 50s in Dubai and Canada)Your reputation is their reputation and if you screw up it hurts them. You set them back by years and relaunching is painful. Companies that have a solid reputation would be the first choice.Hence UB Group, Tata, etc. Somehow I am not convinced that selling on a forum would get you that distributionship or help build a reputation instead being (for a lack of better word) er.....mature would.... in anycase....... best of luck.
Raj1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 02:59   #109
BHPian

Yes Raj, i agree with you. Well im not selling anything over this forum and nor am i saying Tata will not be a part of this. There will be Importers (lik stockist and wholesalers) under whom shall be the dealers(retailers). Manufacturers do not sell directly to consumers.
agent4ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 03:15   #110
BHPian

So who will be the authorized servicing center and will cars sold thru other dealers be serviced at the same center? Because that what it reals boils down to
Old 23rd February 2008, 04:19   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Getting back on topic....Saw the Fiat 500 doing rounds on Marine Drive tonight...is red in color...looks good
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 08:40   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Getting back on topic....Saw the Fiat 500 doing rounds on Marine Drive tonight...is red in color...looks good
saw it as welll .. was being driven by autocar staffers ....... autocar photoshoot

the 612's are rigght now in pune ... or at least were last night !
Mad Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:07   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes Raj, i agree with you. Well im not selling anything over this forum and nor am i saying Tata will not be a part of this. There will be Importers (lik stockist and wholesalers) under whom shall be the dealers(retailers). Manufacturers do not sell directly to consumers.
Are you sayig that for India there will be people (Tata, etc..) other than you who will be authorised to sell the car?
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:37   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Are you sayig that for India there will be people (Tata, etc..) other than you who will be authorised to sell the car?
Thats not true. Ferrari is going to be launched officially and its through Tata only.
BUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:43   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Thats not true. Ferrari is going to be launched officially and its through Tata only.
Ok now I am seriously confused. If Tata is the only official dealer then where does NG figure in?
Old 23rd February 2008, 12:34   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and nor am i saying Tata will not be a part of this. There will be Importers (lik stockist and wholesalers) under whom shall be the dealers(retailers). Manufacturers do not sell directly to consumers.
Tata does not need a NG to sell, stock, display, import or service Ferraris, period!!
Whilst not casting aspirations on NG's reputation, It would be safe to fathom that the reputation of Tatas for car building, displaying and servicing etc is way, way ahead than say a NG.
What beats me here is that why would Tata even consider teaming up with NG, for anything, (Its just a dealership for what GM for heaven's sake) having their own set up??
Totally and Throughly
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2008, 01:38   #117
BHPian

The only way I look at it is if Tata is the main importer and NG is dealer. It works this way in the middle east where say one company gets the master agency and then they appoint sub dealers. They dont get into the retail aspect of it. Its quiet possible and that way it gives creditability to everyones story on this forum. But I guess only time will tell how its going to be set up since we not getting anywhere with all this speculation.
Old 24th February 2008, 08:49   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj1008 View Post
The only way I look at it is if Tata is the main importer and NG is dealer. It works this way in the middle east where say one company gets the master agency and then they appoint sub dealers. They dont get into the retail aspect of it. Its quiet possible and that way it gives creditability to everyones story on this forum. But I guess only time will tell how its going to be set up since we not getting anywhere with all this speculation.

request all bhpians to keep a close watch on proceedings of this tour so that all can get to see them.I'm looking forward for all information on its bangalore jaunt.also mysore .don't mind watching them twice over.so,all cameras out please.thanks in advance.
14000rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2008, 10:09   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj1008 View Post
The only way I look at it is if Tata is the main importer and NG is dealer.
I would think Tata's Sales and Service network would be far far wider than NGs. Not wanting to compare the two companies here but the only possible explanation for this is that maybe Tata did not to create any brand identification issues. Tata already sells the Indica/Indigo as well as Fiat (read as Palio etc..) cars. A Fiat customer is not likely to be a Ferrrari customer and so maybe Tata has taken the lead role in the distribution of Ferrari in India and then appointed others to do the selling.

Agent4 are the above assumtions correct? or are well barking up the wrong tree?
Old 24th February 2008, 10:57   #120
Senior - BHPian

i dont get the point to were is this discussion going to,ferraris will be here for sure -ok and who will sell them is a debate going on in our forum,better lets wait and watch and let them decide for the selling part.
any photos of the twins.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote