Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 27th February 2008, 06:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajtheindian View Post
At lest Ford website confirms this model, though the configurator is in a different website. Then howcome delers doesn't have any information on this model?
The dealers usually dont check their company's websites. The information in the website are given by the HeadOffice , the dealers will come to know about this only after they receive separate information from the HO through circulars or somekind.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 07:56   #32
BHPian

Smile I would have chosen this over Swift VDI (ABS)

I would have chosen this straight over VDI (ABS) -
Much more spacious (been it a few times, and hence can vouch for this)
15 Inch Alloys
Smoother Engine
Can Pete - So power can be worked upon
Better Build Quality

It would have been about 1.2L more than the fully loaded Swift VDI (ABS) - (My OTR was 6.09L with 65K of accessories)

Though many may not agree, Ford, despite complaints of A.S.S, makes great cars (IMO)
sriramv.iyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 16:59   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Ram!

What is the base for this information. Is that your personal oppinion. If so, then let the statistics speak. Anyday the Fusion is a better build than the Getz. If you want to compare any space, let it be rear passenger leg room, boot space, length, breadth blah blah the Fusion is bigger. I wudnt deny that the Getz CRDi is a rocket!

But give CORRECT data so that it will be helpful for our fellow BHPians who are genuinely looking out for a purchase. If its something based on your personal opinion kindly mark the same with 'IMO'.
yes bro,I had my brothers getz and a fusion parked next to each other and i found the getz marginally bigger-at least visually.I had seen it at my place when i was working for hyundai too.I had gone to take a test drive of fusion in a getz and i found this fact.My brother though denied it and last time i was in bangalore i was fortunate to have a fusion next to my brothers car.
IMO is not the only option to put in my views buddie.i had mentioned it very clear that -when getz is parked near a fusion we find that getz is marginally bigger than the fusion.if still its confusing i feel the explanation of the situation as above is enough.
ram

Last edited by ram_hyundai : 27th February 2008 at 17:05.
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 20:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

i had an idea of going for fusion , few days back i went to the ford dealer and asked the sales officer who is well known to me and he didnt recommend the fusion as they were selling in very low numbers .He said people from hill stations are only buying due to the good ground clearance . But he said engine parts arent an issue as both fiesta and fusion TDCi share the same engines .
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 22:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
yes bro,I had my brothers getz and a fusion parked next to each other and i found the getz marginally bigger-at least visually.I had seen it at my place when i was working for hyundai too.I had gone to take a test drive of fusion in a getz and i found this fact.My brother though denied it and last time i was in bangalore i was fortunate to have a fusion next to my brothers car.
IMO is not the only option to put in my views buddie.i had mentioned it very clear that -when getz is parked near a fusion we find that getz is marginally bigger than the fusion.if still its confusing i feel the explanation of the situation as above is enough.
ram
Ram,
No offences meant. Look at the data in the below link Ford Fusion 1.4 TDCi Diesel vs Hyundai Getz Prime 1.5 GVS CRDi | Car Comparisons - CarWale.com India.

My point is that if it is YOU who feels that the Getz is bigger than the Fusion then please mark it as clearly YOUR oppinion. I found your statements a little confusing in your previous post.

There are a lot of people who visit TBHP for lot of references when they are really confused about their genuine purchase plan and this might give a wrong feel. Lets give them the right data. I genuinely felt so and i had to post a comment.

Chill! If its your opinion that the Getz is bigger than the Fusion then i am not against it. cheers:
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2008, 22:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

I have seen the data -ofcourse and i dint see the 19 cms difference when both the vehicles were parked next to each other.it maybe due to the overhang the fusion is showing better figures regarding length.But inspite of the larger wheel base the rear legroom is better for the getz.So more usable space in getz.The biggest surprise to me was that the fusion had a extra quarter glass at the rear too.
If you some how come across both these parked next to each other please make a note of the point.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2008, 16:40   #37
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Happy holi to you.....

Yesterday I had called up SC Ford at Malad Mumbai to check for Fusion+ TDCi. The response was they dont have the pricing yet. Logged a query on Ford website yesterday night. Today at 3.00 pm got call from Ford Chennai with reference to my query.

The Fusion + TDCi Ex-showroom Mumbai is 717103 / -

The 2008 Fusion now comes with 2 yrs standard warranty and 1 yr free road side assistance.

I wanted to know whats this road side assistance which they claiming to be free for first year. Can somebody throw some light on this?
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 01:40   #38
BHPian

Road Side assistance here is the link Ford - Roadside Assistance
when i recently extended my warranty i got this along with it,as I am from Mumbai the service is provided till Pune that is what the service advisor told me
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 09:44   #39
Senior - BHPian

The road side assistance is a really great service. I remember my friends Fusion broke down about 20kms from Bangalore after a night of partying and the Ford guys came out there and towed him back to town.
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2008, 22:10   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Road Side assistance here is the link Ford - Roadside Assistance
when i recently extended my warranty i got this along with it,as I am from Mumbai the service is provided till Pune that is what the service advisor told me
Thanks guys for reply...

Hey Yogi,

I am in talks with SC ford at Malad, any review about the dealership or which one do u suggest?
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2008, 01:33   #41
BHPian

Well this is the first Ford product brought in our family and the nearest dealer was Shaman Ford(Prabhadevi),well the dealership experience was ok no discounts whatsoever as the car was relatively new in the market when i got it.As regarding A.S.S it has been very good
yogi1771 is offline   Reply With Quote