Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 6th March 2008, 07:27   #121
Senior - BHPian

Originally Posted by redfire View Post
My previous car was an Indica V2 DLS, owned it for almost 5 years, but clocked only 36K. Reason - its not a fun to drive car. Though, due to low amount of KMs clocked, it didn't made a big dent in my pocket, but the quality and fit / finish was poor. I don't know whats the present condition with Dicor / Turbo and Xeta Indicas. But when compared with others, they always stay behind which is not good. Being the first true Indian car maker, I hope Tata would address it, and hope they are already doing it by progressing on quality side day by day. I have heard inside stories of compromising on cheap products as OEM components by Tata. A trusted source (one of my close friend's friend) who is in this parts business told that a component rejected by MUL for its quality was easily accepted by Tata, for its lower price. I can't reveal the part or friends name though. I really love Tata and hope things will be better soon.
I dont see the issue in you disclosing Which part it was. Thats what this forum is actually about. Isnt it. I guess all of us here would like to know.

Anyways its your call.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 09:34   #122

i dont know somebody has already said it so....but dont buy Getz CRDI....bull**** car...i feel like screwing Hyundai for providing those hopeless, 3rd grade fake wooden finish, and ugly interiors....Hyundai are you listening? stop fooling Indian customers...
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2008, 10:21   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Originally Posted by throttleking
Hyundai are you listening? stop fooling Indian customers...
I don't really see how they are fooling us. Do they make us buy the car blind-folded, so that we get to see the sick interiors (as per you) only after doling out the cash ?

You bought it after checking it out, testdriving it etc etc. Then where is the question of fooling ? If you thought the interiors were crappy, why did you buy it in the first place ? Let me guess. The lure of diesel (cheap fuel).

The manufacturers know how we love diesel economy and thus not only charge a premium for the diesel version, but also make the cars less-equipped than the cheaper petrol versions.

I see only us to blame for this. We are ready to pay a premium for diesel to save some bucks, but would not dole out the extra cash for options like ABS, airbags, which would save something much more valuable - our lives.

P.S.: I am no Hyundai fan.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 7th March 2008 at 10:27.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote