Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 14th March 2008, 23:15   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayrv View Post
Courtesy light is actually the technical term for any light (car interior light or the refrigerator light) which switches on when the user opens a door.
On a "lighter" note...what is the 'Dimagh ka bhatti' called?

Karthik...I do intend to write to Maruti...and I will keep this thread posted on developments thereat.

Venkat
Venkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2008, 21:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Pedals go flap flap flap

I am not sure if this is even a problem - my brake and accelerator give a "flap" sound when released suddenly - like in stop and go traffic. Like some rubber covered metal hitting a sheet.

Is this normal?
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2008, 14:32   #18
BHPian

In continuation of the situation, I went to the website of Maruti yesterday and filed a complaint via their web form. I mentioned the type of complaints and also the name of the dealer in Kalina through whom I get it serviced.

I mentioned about two problems. 1. The central locking knobs that are breaking and 2. Rust marks on the rear door.

I go a ticket number by email within about two hours or so.

In addition by late afternoon, I got a call from Autovista their dealer in Kalina to whom the trouble ticket had been referred. I was told to bring the car in so that the problem could be studied and rectified.

Unfortunately I am in Pune until Friday and promised that I would get the car and see them on Saturday.

I am impressed with the fast turnaround. From Maruti for an ordinary model car. I am yet to see something like this in terms of customer service from Honda, even though I have had one for more than a decade now.

Watch this space as further events unfold.

Venkat
Old 27th March 2008, 06:28   #19
BHPian

Venkat ,

That is excatly what is my take on maruti . As i mentioned earlier . These folks take customer service pretty seriously . i am sure there are alot of companies which have lesser models and cars on the road who need to take a lesson from how maruti executes it right upto delaer level . I own a scorpio now but am not impressed my Mahindra service delivery standards , though they are trying to pump up .
kARTIK IYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2008, 00:41   #20
BHPian

Last Saturday, I sent my driver over to Autovista with my Wagon R. Mr Santosh called me up and immediately replaced the two broken central locking knobs on the two doors. He also promised to give me two spares ones for standby so that I could change them on my own, should some breakages again occur.

Cho chweet of him na?

As far as the rust marks on the rear door was concerned he took photos of them and has assured me that he would mail them to Maruti and revert to me after getting their response.

My driver took the opportunity to mention to him the body rattles that were more than normal. He also promised to fix that too on our next visit.

I knew Maruti cars were a good buy but I know hold them in high 'esteem'. I just 'Dzire' that the pending reponses are also equally 'swift'.

Regards,

Venkat