Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


View Poll Results: What do you prefer
Maruti Swift 1.3 DDis 159 29.23%
Fiat Palio 1.3 JTD 192 35.29%
Hyundai Getz 1.5Crdi 91 16.73%
Tata Indica Dicor 30 5.51%
Palio Stile 1.6 72 13.24%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2008, 12:42   #286
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Anytime i love GetZ D for its Surge power.
But have some doubt in FE and about the Engine which will create problem after 50K.Defn i won't use the machine for a such a long time.Unfortunately i gonna be used it that period and get struck with Engine problem it'll kill my peace of mind.

Please advice and i have to finalize my new car.
We have 2 BHPians having this car , Search the Initial Ownership Reports . They are pretty satisfied . I have already PMed Anju and got his experience and booked the car. He is getting 14 kmpl in city and 20 kmpl in Highways . Getz and Verna are running with the same CRDi engine. So , i dont think there will be some problem with the engine. I am going to keep the car for atleast 7 yrs or 200000kms .
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 15:22   #287
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,863
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
We have 2 BHPians having this car , Search the Initial Ownership Reports . They are pretty satisfied . I have already PMed Anju and got his experience and booked the car. He is getting 14 kmpl in city and 20 kmpl in Highways . Getz and Verna are running with the same CRDi engine. So , i dont think there will be some problem with the engine. I am going to keep the car for atleast 7 yrs or 200000kms .
Yes undead,
I have read almost all Initial Ownership Reports.
But in chennai traffic will we get 14Kmpl with 100% AC.
I also planned to keep the car for atleast 5 years.
But GetZ resale is not good as other rivals.so if plan to sell it after 5 years
we defn won't get a good sum.
i just asked my brother who has Verna SX Crdi ABS and completed his first service.he got around 12 KMPL with 100% AC.
But getting some news that the Same engine won't give a good FE in GetZD.so people in Hyundai are trying to sort out the problem.have you heard any news like this so far.
why i am asking so many qst,cos i am vey much eager to get this car and not ready to let down after getting this car.
What i am searching for is Good car with Power and mileage
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 15:42   #288
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 136 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Yes undead,
I have read almost all Initial Ownership Reports.
But in chennai traffic will we get 14Kmpl with 100% AC.
I also planned to keep the car for atleast 5 years.
But GetZ resale is not good as other rivals.so if plan to sell it after 5 years
we defn won't get a good sum.
i just asked my brother who has Verna SX Crdi ABS and completed his first service.he got around 12 KMPL with 100% AC.
But getting some news that the Same engine won't give a good FE in GetZD.so people in Hyundai are trying to sort out the problem.have you heard any news like this so far.
why i am asking so many qst,cos i am vey much eager to get this car and not ready to let down after getting this car.
What i am searching for is Good car with Power and mileage
Have you looked at the Fusion.

The only drawback that i see with the getz D is the features list. Anyone would expect much more features from a hatch at that price. Not heaed of the F.E part though.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 15:52   #289
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,863
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Have you looked at the Fusion.

The only drawback that i see with the getz D is the features list. Anyone would expect much more features from a hatch at that price. Not heaed of the F.E part though.
yes GemiThomas,

I had a TD,the car has very less power it sucks in highway overtaking ,FE is oK and looks and build too but Ford A.S.S is not reliable.For the price Fusion is not worthy IMHO.
There is no fun on driving the car FusionD.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 16:00   #290
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,618
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

aks, I think most of your needs will be fulfilled by Palio MJD, and it is almost a lakh cheaper than Getz D!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 16:38   #291
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 136 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
yes GemiThomas,

I had a TD,the car has very less power it sucks in highway overtaking ,FE is oK and looks and build too but Ford A.S.S is not reliable.For the price Fusion is not worthy IMHO.
There is no fun on driving the car FusionD.
What about the Fabia. Would it really shoot out of your budget?

Somehow the features list makes me annoyed when i think about the Getz D. But that Power is reallyi. If you are really looking at performance and if you really need a diesel i think there is nothing much to think, If you can think of a petrol also look at the petrol Fusion. I think Its a good buy at that price.

In terms of power delivery i would rate the cars as follows,
1.Getz D
2.Palio 1.6
3.Swift D
4.Palio D
5.Indica D

Compared to the Getz D, The Best VFM product would still be the Palio 1.6 which you could get at aroung 4.6L OTR. You would still have close to 2lakh to spend on petrol bills in the coming years.

Last edited by gemithomas : 24th March 2008 at 16:42.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 17:18   #292
Senior - BHPian
 
extreme_torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 1,317 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
It offers terrific power, great mileage, a well put-together body with plenty of space for a hatch, good ride comfort and good quality plastics, all backed by what is the probably the best After Sales Service experience in the country. These are facts.
I know my facts alright. Terrific power but poor drivability, great mileage but not so great if you compare it to the competition (not every one is concerned about 0-100 sprint times), space yes, good ride (there are other cars, cheaper who ride equally good if not better). Quality.... one look at that cheap wooden console will tell you what its worth. Its not worth the 1 lakh extra that you pay over the others, just because its more powerful and it doesnt mean that its a bad car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
"Heard of problems" "probably more reliable" "more refined" is perception, not fact. Back it up with facts - the fact is that Hyundai common rails have been running in this country for a lot longer than those of any other manufacturer. There are a lot more of Hyundai CRDis out there than any ddis or mjd or dicor or any other variant. Some of these cars have continued to give trouble free service after 100,000 , 150,000 kms - many of the other engines that are being used to compare havent been around for more than a year or two to even compare longevity or reliability.
I 'heard' about the problems on this very forum and they are more than one. They are here running since long but how many were actually sold? I see more fiesta diesel's than Verna or Accent, more Swift DDiS's than the number of Getz I have ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Perhaps the car with me-too looks, cheap plastics, rattly build, cramped interiors, a real BENCH for a rear seat and a 70 bhp engine is the one that is really overpriced - for what it offers in comparison. Or is it the fast looking car that cannot go fast that is the one?
What car is this?
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 18:12   #293
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Yes undead,
I have read almost all Initial Ownership Reports.
But in chennai traffic will we get 14Kmpl with 100% AC.
I also planned to keep the car for atleast 5 years.
But GetZ resale is not good as other rivals.so if plan to sell it after 5 years
we defn won't get a good sum.
i just asked my brother who has Verna SX Crdi ABS and completed his first service.he got around 12 KMPL with 100% AC.
But getting some news that the Same engine won't give a good FE in GetZD.so people in Hyundai are trying to sort out the problem.have you heard any news like this so far.
why i am asking so many qst,cos i am vey much eager to get this car and not ready to let down after getting this car.
What i am searching for is Good car with Power and mileage
Karthi , i am also from Tamilnadu machi . Dont worry about the resale value , use the car very well for five years , you will get a decent price for it because its Hyundai and diesel. And to our tamilnadu roads , Getz is a best hatch for both city and highways . If you buy Palio , definetely you would struggle to sell it off and maintain it.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 18:31   #294
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,618
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
i am also from Tamilnadu machi . Dont worry about the resale value , use the car very well for five years , you will get a decent price for it because its Hyundai and diesel. And to our tamilnadu roads , Getz is a best hatch for both city and highways . If you buy Palio , definetely you would struggle to sell it off and maintain it.
Undead, I know you have booked Getz D, nice choice, but please don't bash other cars without knowing any facts.
If Karthik is going to keep his Car for 5 years, then Resale value of Palio won't make any big difference, and please rememeber he can save almost Rs. One lakh upfront if he buys a Palio MJD instead of Getz D.
And reg maintenance, Karthik is in Chennai where the Fiat-Tata Service is pretty good!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 18:39   #295
Senior - BHPian
 
undead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bhavani - Komarapalayam
Posts: 1,187
Thanked: 165 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Undead, I know you have booked Getz D, nice choice, but please don't bash other cars without knowing any facts.
If Karthik is going to keep his Car for 5 years, then Resale value of Palio won't make any big difference, and please rememeber he can save almost Rs. One lakh upfront if he buys a Palio MJD instead of Getz D.
And reg maintenance, Karthik is in Chennai where the Fiat-Tata Service is pretty good!
Fiat Tata service is improving , but not yet matched the Hyundai . I am not pushing him , i am telling him the postive facts .
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 21:27   #296
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,601
Thanked: 3,451 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Undead, I know you have booked Getz D, nice choice, but please don't bash other cars without knowing any facts.
If Karthik is going to keep his Car for 5 years, then Resale value of Palio won't make any big difference, and please rememeber he can save almost Rs. One lakh upfront if he buys a Palio MJD instead of Getz D.
And reg maintenance, Karthik is in Chennai where the Fiat-Tata Service is pretty good!
imo, the difference between getz D (something i've not TD'd) and palio SDX (which i quite liked) is easily 1.2L+.

For someone keeping car for five years, please invest that cash in even government bonds/MF/stocks and compare the "resale loss" after five years. Palio itself brings smiles to one's face. That being said, service is an unknown. Despite doing almost 28k in the first year, my bro's definitely not going back for Tata service!
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 23:32   #297
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,062
Thanked: 291 Times
Default

The latest issue of ACI has crowned the Indica DiCOR in the Indica Vs Palio D shoot out!

..and also says Swift D is ahead of the other two
blue_pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2008, 23:52   #298
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Compared to the Getz D, The Best VFM product would still be the Palio 1.6 which you could get at aroung 4.6L OTR. You would still have close to 2lakh to spend on petrol bills in the coming years.
Palio 1.2 and 1.6 have pathetic resale here. How can they be VFM products??
My friend had bought a used 20k kms done palio 1.6 for just 1.5 lacs. Clean car no accidental issues. Now he has had enough of single digit FE.
Another friend of mine who has a Palio 1.2 2003 model wanted to sell the car and the best price offered to him was 1.3 lacs. My 2000 model zen will still sell for around 1.2lacs..

I have a 2006 model Baleno which i bought for approx 5.5lacs will not sell for more than 4lacs now..1.5 lacs gone in 2 years....Thats bad resale value but otherwise its hassle free..
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2008, 00:15   #299
Senior - BHPian
 
1100D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 4,179
Thanked: 2,358 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Palio 1.2 and 1.6 have pathetic resale here. How can they be VFM products??..
The main reason for this observation which is universal across the country is because of the troubled time the owners had to face in the period of uncertainty in Fiat. Now hopefully with more cars being sold as a result of the partnership,the A.S.S as well as the resale would likely to improve. Lets wait and watch, but another 1-2 years would actually be a pointer to where things are going.
1100D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2008, 00:35   #300
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 21
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Spares Problem for the MJD??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Yes Spares!!! Thas is my main concern buddy. Highway thing i agree with you it can happen with any car manuf. But how does it feel when you hear at service station that Sorry sir the part is not available and it will take 2 weeks to get from Factory. That too being a very small part.
What my concern is that these TATA guys does not store much of Fiat parts in inventory as they feel that demand for Fiat cars is less so only important parts are available with them. Even I hope things improves fast. I too love Fiat very much and may be end up buying Fiat Palio MJD soon.
Take it to any maruti dealership. Fiat to come out of bankruptcy has given licences to Chevrolet( New Aveo) Suzuki(Swift, Dzire and soon to come SX4) and to make in roads in India with Tata(soon to be launched Indica). This engine is going to be the most popular diesel in India just like it holds good 25% of market for all cars sold across Europe.

Whether you buy the swift or any of these cars including the premium magnum Fiat is already getting 1/3rd of the revenue for design and power train.

Unlike the fiats of the past, Fiat has learned by first allowing the licenced manufacturers to bring localisation then partnering with second largest after sales support network and then introducing the Aces. whether the palio sells or not Fiat is already making profits just by making you buy a diesel car from your preferred manufacturer. Still if you have doubts go ahead option is yours, Buy a product directly from the inventor or an altered similar product with some innovation done to bring costs down further. The might proves well with Fiat offering 18+18months unlimited kms warranty on the car
aushdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Confused between Palio Stile 1.6, Tata Indica Dicor & i10 vinit.merchant Hatchbacks 11 21st May 2008 02:24
Palio Stile 1.6 or Palio Stile 1.3MJD? rudrah Hatchbacks 47 5th May 2008 03:45
Swift DDiS vs. Getz CRDi or Verna CRDi??? Help!!!! roadwarrior Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 12 12th February 2008 23:59
Fun to drive hatch- Palio 1.6 Stile v/s Swift DDiS! CrAzY dRiVeR The Indian Car Scene 145 10th August 2007 16:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:28.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks