Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2012, 12:04   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Your worst driven car yet

Recently, I am driving a Honda Jazz! It easily goes into one of the worst cars I have ever driven along with the Hyundais.

Things I hate:

1. Handles like a boat
2. Almost nil feedback from the steering
3. No oomph at low RPMs makes it absolutely worse to drive in B2B traffic!
4. Ride quality is ok, but I am thinking thats more to do with the crappy MRF ZVTS that came factory fitted. Planning on an upsize and upgrade of the tires to see if it helps!

IMO, the Jazz easily becomes one of the most overhyped cars here on TBHP!
Old 4th July 2012, 12:06   #437
BHPian

Worst car ever driven: Brand new "Tara Quiet" for those of you who dont know about it, its a cheap chinese electric car made in West Bengal. I drove it in the streets of pondicherry and almost killed myself. Absolutely no brakes!!! steering was the worst i have ever used on a car. I made up my mind to not even call it a car. such was my experience.
Another one worth a mention is the Proton Saga. Drove one in malaysia, and again BAD brakes. The car has a huge top speed but just wont stop. scared me to death when i was doing a spirited down hill drive from genting highlands and the brakes just faded super quick. Badly put together car too!!
Old 4th July 2012, 15:46   #438
BHPian

For me it has to be a Zen Estilo. Horrible looking thing with even horrible gearbox. You never know whether the gear has been selected or not and the shift action is nothing short of being pathetic.
I have been driving for the past 10 years and drove a variety of cars including a Daewoo Cielo and Maruti 800, but nothing comes even close to an Estilo. I really wonder how they manage to sell one.
Old 4th July 2012, 19:08   #439
BHPian

Nice thread, here i go :

My worst driven car was a Maruti 800 with a diesel engine, yes !!! a diesel engine.
This car belonged to a local guy who used to run an un-authorized car driving school i.e. un-licensed with RTA.

As per the guy It is a 96 model Maruti 800 with a Ford engine fitted, the car used to vibrate like anything and the engine clatter was quite irritating. It had huge low end torque and would go on without foot on the pedal. Not sure if it was tuned for that purpose. Gear shifts were obviously hard since the car was used for driving classes. Brakes were horrible and so was the steering response. There are few driving schools which get a diesel engine plonked in Maurti 800s here in Hyderabad.

The car used to breakdown regularly and I remember the guy telling 'Bhayya, ford ka spares bahut costly hein'. (bro, ford's spares are very costly).
Old 4th July 2012, 20:19   #440
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Recently, I am driving a Honda Jazz! It easily goes into one of the worst cars I have ever driven along with the Hyundais.
That's probably a first in this thread.

The car surely is not a driver's dream, but I felt its quite decent. Did not handle like a boat, and the steering was super light, but not as bad as some other cars.

Just curious, have you checked if its something specific to your car, or is it because of the standard of comparison is high - to the likes of a Fiesta or a Fiat? Asking because, some years back I used to feel some of the cars as less than ordinary when I switch from my old Ikon 1.6
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 21:47   #441
Senior - BHPian

Ouch, anachronix !!! A little too harsh on a sweet car - a friend bought one recently and I just love the whole package. Did not drive it though - other than the short TD we did while he was car-searching.

Of the list you mentioned, Item-3 would be a deal-breaker for me in a car, but I guess all Hondas available here have the issue with low-end torque leading to drivability issue in B2B traffic. Item-2 might be true. But is item-1 (handles like a boat) that bad ? I mean, it is not a handler, but like a boat. Don't know. Maybe you are unfairly comparing it with your 1.6S
Old 5th July 2012, 09:46   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
That's probably a first in this thread.

The car surely is not a driver's dream, but I felt its quite decent. Did not handle like a boat, and the steering was super light, but not as bad as some other cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Ouch, anachronix !!! A little too harsh on a sweet car - a friend bought one recently and I just love the whole package. Did not drive it though - other than the short TD we did while he was car-searching.
I agree with you! Its a very sweet car, great package, loads of space, great looking interiors and feel, I love the exterior looks a lot too. But from my experience, the driveability and handling is a major weakness for the Jazz and this is the perfect thread to post about it!

Quote:
Just curious, have you checked if its something specific to your car, or is it because of the standard of comparison is high - to the likes of a Fiesta or a Fiat? Asking because, some years back I used to feel some of the cars as less than ordinary when I switch from my old Ikon 1.6
Quote:
Of the list you mentioned, Item-3 would be a deal-breaker for me in a car, but I guess all Hondas available here have the issue with low-end torque leading to drivability issue in B2B traffic. Item-2 might be true. But is item-1 (handles like a boat) that bad ? I mean, it is not a handler, but like a boat. Don't know. Maybe you are unfairly comparing it with your 1.6S

All my previous cars were Fords (Ikon 1.6 & Fiesta S) and even now there is a little Ford that shares the garage with the Jazz. But I am not being unfair to the Jazz here comparing to the S or the Ikon, but in the stock setup the body roll is a lot higher in the Jazz. The way things get thrown around in the car around an average corner is quite a feeling

A little bit of adventurous driving can bring out its negative traits. The understeer is something irritating too. But I am sure thats more to do with the tall profile of the tires and the poor MRF ZVTS. A tire upgrade is coming soon, but I am preparing myself to lose more low end oomph!
Old 5th July 2012, 11:08   #443
BHPian

My worst driven car has to be i10.. Period!

I actually asked my friend, who had brought his newly acquired i10 magna to my place, that was there something wrong with the steering?. Its that bad.
Also,
Going by the general opinion of people here, I would be the weirdest person.
Reason: I own a Omni, there is a first generation Tata Sumo in distant relation which I have driven for almost 10k kms.( At one instance, drove the sumo for almost 800 kms in 19hrs.) I actually loved both of these.
When accepted that they have to be driven well within the limits, I actually enjoyed the rustic charm they have.
Cheers.
Old 25th October 2012, 23:57   #444
BHPian

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.co...-of-the-world/

Interestingly they have something to say about some mahindra too.
Old 26th October 2012, 01:03   #445
BHPian

My worst Experience driving a car has to be the santro (old). Rubbery gears and vague steering!
Old 26th October 2012, 06:14   #446
BHPian

Worst car I have driven is a Diesel Ambassador. I cannot even look at the car anymore with out getting shivers up my spine.
Old 26th October 2012, 11:04   #447
BHPian

I enjoy driving so much and love to drive each and every car whenever I get a chance. To term any car worst will be too harsh for me.
Still, here it is!
The worst car I had driven would be the new Verna petrol (the diesel is marginally better). I hated the rear seat, hated the suspension, hated the steering.
Old 26th October 2012, 17:18   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
I enjoy driving so much and love to drive each and every car whenever I get a chance.
+1.

I'm usually very forgiving, but the one car which I feel where the manufacturer has not done any justice is the Tata Nano.

Disclaimer: Not intended to hurt any Nano owners. I have driven it at 3 different places to conclude this.
Old 26th October 2012, 20:39   #449
BHPian

For me the worst car I have ever driven must be the Maruti Omni.Terrible steering,terrible driving position and frankly the worst gearbox made in the world.

In comparison my family's old 118NE felt like a mercedes after driving the shitbox!

Last edited by Ascari : 26th October 2012 at 20:43.
Old 26th October 2012, 21:03   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascari View Post
For me the worst car I have ever driven must be the Maruti Omni.Terrible steering,terrible driving position and frankly the worst gearbox made in the world.

In comparison my family's old 118NE felt like a mercedes after driving the shitbox!
118NE had one of the best gearbox,infact its shift quality is still a benchmark for a few newgen cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks