Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 10th April 2008, 08:16   #226
BHPian

Default Cannibalisation in Swift family!

Cannibalisation in Swift family

Apparently the small difference in price between the Swift and DZire has cannibalised the market share of the Swift and many customers have decided to migrate/ upgrade to DZire.

The details are in my post elsewhere; the link is below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tml#post788606 (Maruti Swift DZire - delivery on 7th April 2008 - some observations)
Murugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 12:42   #227
Senior - BHPian

Yes the sales of swift and dzire would be exchanged among the two depending on the availability of either of the cars in most of the cases.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 16:42   #228
BANNED

Yes it is, if the fight is between SX4 & Dzire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
better looker??? the dzire seriously???
Light years??? The current hatches can't even match NHC in features & performance. No idea if you meant having audio controls on steering as light years
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Given that today even hatches are light years ahead of the current NHC in many parameters, I think the onus is on Honda to prove themselves with their new offering and not the other way around.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 17:45   #229
Senior - BHPian

Diablo,swift was launched with ABS airbags ebd standard when NHC did not have these.Climate control was also a feature which was helpful.I think S B meant these in his post.
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 18:32   #230
BANNED

For your information, Swift has the features you have mentioned in the highest variant. Same case with Honda, like any other manufacturer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Diablo,swift was launched with ABS airbags ebd standard when NHC did not have these.Climate control was also a feature which was helpful.I think S B meant these in his post.
ram
Old 10th April 2008, 19:58   #231
Senior - BHPian

Diabloo,
The difference lies in the fact that a Rs 5 lakh swift has features that are not offred by a Rs 8 lakh City.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 20:07   #232
BANNED

Rs. 4,86,740 = Tata Indica V2 Turbo DLX with ABS & Airbags
Rs. 5,60,683 = Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire LDi with No ABS & No Airbags .

Since Indica offers more for less price, now I wonder who in their sane mind will buy Dzire over Indica

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Diabloo,
The difference lies in the fact that a Rs 5 lakh swift has features that are not offred by a Rs 8 lakh City.
Old 10th April 2008, 21:14   #233
Senior - BHPian

Diabloo, Nobody is belittling the Honda City. It is a great car and thesales figures of the car speak for themselves. but for the price HMSI charges for it, it does seem to be a bit under equipped. The Honda Civic sells for less in the US compared to the price charged by Honda for the car in India and it is not all due to the duy structure prevalent in India.
rajneeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 22:13   #234
Senior - BHPian

What I have noticed these days is that young yuppie brigade give NHC a wide miss. Youngsters seem to be lapping up Swifts and Civics, depending on their budget. One is a segment below NHC and the other a segment above. NHC is a passe now whether one likes it or not. With better cars around at lesser price, I don't see much in NHC.I find more and more middle aged, middle level executives ( middle aged senior level execs drive around in an Accord or Merc / Beemer ) driving around in NHC.

Supreme Baleno is right. No matter how enthusiastically driven, NHC iDsi just can't beat Swift / Palio in acceleration / top speed. NHC is all about space and "H" badge. To me Honda means Civic. Can't believe both came from the same stable.

Last edited by GTO : 11th April 2008 at 09:31. Reason: Please do not categorise NHC owners in a negative way.
pgsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 23:05   #235
BHPian

Why do you people keep forgeting that the i-dsi engine is tuned for economy and not for performance. In that case why not compare the V-tec with the rattling swift and the palio. If you'll can overlook so many cons of the swift then why drag the NHC every thread and talk about its underperformance when its not tuned to perform? There is a wide variety of cars some that give better mileage and some perform better and mind you you cant get both. Honda has done the same. If u looking for milleage buy the i-dsi else buy the V-tec.
sidd_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 23:07   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Rs. 4,86,740 = Tata Indica V2 Turbo DLX with ABS & Airbags
Rs. 5,60,683 = Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire LDi with No ABS & No Airbags .

Since Indica offers more for less price, now I wonder who in their sane mind will buy Dzire over Indica
I own an Indica DLG Turbo and have booked Dzire Zdi. Understanding consumer perception will help clear things. (Both are of different segment)
liberal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2008, 23:39   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd_city View Post
Why do you people keep forgeting that the i-dsi engine is tuned for economy and not for performance. In that case why not compare the V-tec with the rattling swift and the palio..
Rattling Palio????. Thats news to me!

Last edited by prince85 : 10th April 2008 at 23:42.
prince85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 00:11   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
I knew the earlier Palios had rattling issues. Must be fixed now.
Also see our team-bhp reviews for more info:
Quote:
Problem Areas

Early rattles, starter, fuel pump, niggling electrical issues, air-conditioner, misfiring engine, wiper blades
I'm sure after reading this, people will start bashing me!
blue_pulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 00:25   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
I actually called the swift a rattler. listed the palio cause it was also compared in the earlier post.
sidd_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 00:49   #240
BHPian

Default How the Dzire should have looked

How the dzire should have looked (without too many skin changes)

~hope this is forum legal
Attached Thumbnails
who should be afraid of Dzire-28032008.jpg  

mayjay is offline   Reply With Quote