Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 5th April 2008, 02:55   #91
BHPian

Nice find car_crazy1400. Hope the diesel makes a timely entry in the market and is priced well. A diesel from Honda was long due anyways.

Dhaval
Old 9th April 2008, 11:22   #92
BHPian

Default Is this the plant where they will produce local CRV or in Rajasthan?

HONDA SIEL CARS INDIA ENHANCES CAPACITY TO 100K AT GREATER NOIDA PLANT

(25 February, 2008, New Delhi)

New Delhi, Feb 25: Honda Siel Cars India, leading manufacturer of premium cars in India, today inaugurated its new production facility at Greater Noida, with an enhanced capacity of 100,000 vehicles per annum.

The new facility, with a host of world-class manufacturing techniques and technological advancements, was inaugurated by Mr. T. Oyama, President & CEO, Asian Honda Motors Co, in the presence of a galaxy of senior Honda officials, stake holders and Honda partners.

With the completion of this enhancement of production capacity at the Greater Noida facility, HSCI has increased its capacity from 50,000 units to 100,000 units per annum. The capacity expansion was necessitated due to the excellent performance of all the Honda models – Honda City, Honda Civic and Honda Accord.

Apart from doubling the capacity, several advanced manufacturing techniques and robots have been used in the plant to enhance quality and accuracy of operations. The Weld Shop now has 27 Robots and the new Paint Shop has 12 Robots to apply the finishing top-coat to the vehicles. This automation will speed up the manufacturing process and also increase efficiency on the line.

The new, ergonomic layout of the assembly line and other work areas ensures a stress-free environment for associates.

To strengthen safety on the shop floor, HSCI has installed sophisticated sensors for the safety of its associates. Countermeasures automatically get activated if there is a safety breach anywhere in the plant.

The new and enhanced facility is in line with Honda’s latest global plants with great emphasis on environment protection and safety. This facility will promote greenery through plantations; have better water recycling and waste management allowing sustainable development of the environment.

With this investment, HSCI has invested a total of Rs 1,620 crore at the Greater Noida manufacturing facility since its establishment in 1997.

Speaking on the occasion, Mr. M. Takedagawa, President and CEO, HSCI, said, “As we expand our presence in India, we are conscious of our commitment to the environment. Apart from setting up the mandatory infrastructure for water recycling and waste management, we have also set ourselves very stiff CO2 emission and waste reduction targets for our plant. Innovative use of solar power and recycled water will ensure conservation of scarce natural resources such as water and power.”

Elaborating on the company’s future plans, Mr. Takedagawa said, “Having completed the capacity expansion to 100,000 units annually, we are also gearing up to start operations of our second plant in Rajasthan by 2009.”

The enhancement of HSCI manufacturing facility also includes expansion of the covered area in the plant, from 1,07,000 sq. m. to 1,31,794 sq m.

The Greater Noida plant has a total land area of over 600,000 sq m (150 acres). The plant currently produces Honda City, Honda Civic and Honda Accord models, with an indigenization level of 79%, 72% and 34% respectively.
Old 9th April 2008, 11:44   #93
BHPian

I wish one makes an affordable UV.
Old 12th April 2008, 16:17   #94
BHPian

Location: Key West, FL - East Brunswick, NJ - New Delhi, INDIA

saw this CR-V yesterday evening near Kalkaji while driving home from work. Some Asian guy was sleeping in the back seat, maybe the diesel car was just so comfortable.
Old 12th April 2008, 20:27   #95
BHPian

I have not read this thread completely, but I hope members are aware that HSCI have aquire land for a plan near Bhiwadi in Rajasthan...
Old 12th April 2008, 21:50   #96
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Thats 15.5kmpl not 18.5. 15.4 is no big deal, even the safari 2.2 is capable of that on combined driving cycle.
(US gallon is 3.5L UK Gallon is 4.54 Liters)
Yes... that's exactly what i thought going through the thread!....

In fact, I was in UK for some work and drove around a 2.2L Diesel Civic (new)... and wow!... that engine was awesome! Crazy power!... for a hatchback civic!

Roughly, it returned me around 13-14km/l ... (I was still calculating in Desi units)... My driving was a mix of highway and city.

So for all practical purposes, considering
the bigger load of a (7 seater?)
Indian driving conditions
Indian diesel quality....

You can expect a considerable drop.... in FE....

So don't count on the CRV for FE....
Old 16th April 2008, 20:58   #97
BANNED

Thanks for the info buddy. If FE was a concern, then petrol CRV wouldn't be the best seller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Thats 15.5kmpl not 18.5. 15.4 is no big deal, even the safari 2.2 is capable of that on combined driving cycle.
(US gallon is 3.5L UK Gallon is 4.54 Liters)
Old 26th June 2008, 09:22   #98
BHPian

Guys,

Any update on the launch of diesel CR-V in india? I would wonder if Honda plans to assemble it here to bring down the cost.
Old 27th June 2008, 20:42   #99
Senior - BHPian

Honda SIEL has denied that they have any plans to launch the Diesel CRV in India at the moment. So a diesel Honda is still far away :(

This was mentioned in Autocar June 2008 . I think.
Old 28th June 2008, 11:36   #100
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Honda SIEL has denied that they have any plans to launch the Diesel CRV in India at the moment. So a diesel Honda is still far away :(

This was mentioned in Autocar June 2008 . I think.
They would obviously deny, wouldn't they? A good number of potential CRV owners would defer their purchase in anticipation of the diesel CRV.

I am dead sure that its coming our way in the near future.
Old 29th June 2008, 11:36   #101
BHPian

I'd agree.. For sure they would deny the launch of the car. However, if I remember correctly reading in some thread, the red b/g numberplates are for the vehicles currently going under testing
Old 29th June 2008, 23:07   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
They would obviously deny, wouldn't they? A good number of potential CRV owners would defer their purchase in anticipation of the diesel CRV.

I am dead sure that its coming our way in the near future.
It would be superb buy, whenever it arrives.

The smoothness of a Honda with the torque of Diesel
Old 30th June 2008, 02:04   #103
BHPian

i hope they launch the crv deisel fast because the petrol ones are real gas guzzlers, i think they might price it similar to the petrol model.
Old 1st July 2008, 07:22   #104

So Honda is pulling the old trick again, keeping the high tech to premium market and giving us the 2nd hand tech. Why i-CTDI and not the brand new i-DTEC? However, it is quite a good news indeed that they are going to sell the diesel outside of Europe. Bad diesel fuel quality is not a problem, just replace the fuel filter every 15000 KM or less and you're good to go... At least here in my country.
Old 1st July 2008, 11:05   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Since the CRV is a CBU, why does one have to wait for it to launch in a diesel variant?

I'm sure an import dealer would be able to get it down for the same price as Honda will retail it at. Taxes,etc would remain the same.
Closed Thread