Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th September 2014, 10:20   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Where should I sell the car: State of Registration or Current State?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
If the car is too old then better to just keep driving it (as a backup car) and eventually get rid of it as scrap.
Agree with the comment. Not worth taking so much trouble just for disposing of a much old car.

Else dispose of it at the present location. You will get less value, though.
skdking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 13:04   #47
BHPian

Default Complicated Car Registration Question

Our family has a M800 registered in Karimnagar in 1998. We currently stay in Hyderabad. Last year, it's registration expired, but that doesn't matter because we don't use it.

Now, we're planning to get rid of the car but not sure where to get started. The car condition's decent, but we don't need a car. We absolutely want to transfer the car to the buyer's name.

Do we have to go to Karimnagar, renew the registration, get an NOC for Hyderabad, and then find a buyer (nightmare!)? Does one have to take the car physically for renewal of registration?

We don't know many people from Karimnagar anymore as we moved out a long time ago.

EDIT: Telangana Transport Website shows the STATUS for the registration as "ACTIVE". Does that mean the registration is still valid and not expired?

Last edited by hellmet : 15th September 2014 at 13:06.
hellmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 13:13   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Complicated Car Registration Question

@Hellmet,
logically - yes.

even if registration has expired, it is still with Karimnagar RTO. You will need to renew it there first before doing anything further -including NOC.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 13:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Complicated Car Registration Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Our family has a M800 registered in Karimnagar in 1998. We currently stay in Hyderabad. Last year, it's registration expired, but that doesn't matter because we don't use it.

Now, we're planning to get rid of the car but not sure where to get started. The car condition's decent, but we don't need a car. We absolutely want to transfer the car to the buyer's name.

Do we have to go to Karimnagar, renew the registration, get an NOC for Hyderabad, and then find a buyer (nightmare!)? Does one have to take the car physically for renewal of registration?

We don't know many people from Karimnagar anymore as we moved out a long time ago.

EDIT: Telangana Transport Website shows the STATUS for the registration as "ACTIVE". Does that mean the registration is still valid and not expired?
The car needs to be physically present there, for renewal of registration/issuing a new fitness certificate.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2014, 13:54   #50
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: Complicated Car Registration Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Probably yes, since registartion renewal hapens at the issuing RTO only. Suggest you to get hold of a reliable agent at Hyderabad RTO and complete the registration formalities and NOC formalities through the agent itself. This will cost you but will save your trip to issuing RTO if pressed for time. Once NOC is obtained then you can sell the car.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2016, 17:38   #51
BHPian

Default Re: How to dispose off my rarely-used Apache RTR 160?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samartha View Post
Please excuse the curiously-named title and read on to understand why I chose it.
Your advice is greatly appreciated.
I know its been a while, but I'm curious, what did you finally do?
sharninder is offline   Reply With Quote