Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th May 2015, 19:17   #136
BHPian

Default Re: Transfering a vehicle within India: Procedures

Hello BHPians,
Firstly thanks to all members for sharing their respective experiences. This thread is getting more usefull by the collaborative inputs of all the community users.

Well! Every state RTO`s has different experiences. I am looking guidance for transferring vehicle into Amritsar (Punjab) from Gurgaon (Haryana).

Recently i have found one of my dreamcar i.e. NEW CAPTIVA 2013 Model on classifieds and I am willing to endorse a PB (Punjab) registration number on it.

So while transferring inter state vehicle, do i need to pay Transfer of Ownership fees + LTT in punjab or only Tax Payment with NOC and other documents?

If any experienced agent in Gurgaon maybe usefull then please share his contact.
Advance Thanks!!
SYSTEMIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2015, 09:48   #137
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Deepak Pathania for sharing this useful information!

Quote:
Just found a gem of a document for people who want to transfer vehicles from all over India to Goa. The info is otherwise unclear and infact deliberately ambiguous, so that the RTO can charge more from unwary motorists. Page 9-10 in this document are of importance for taxes for registering a used vehicle in Goa; later, it also mentions the refund that should be possible from the earlier state.

http://www.goavidhansabha.gov.in/upl...170F2013AI.pdf
Also attaching the document here - 355_draft_BN170F2013AI.pdf
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2015, 10:49   #138
BHPian

Hi,

Was going through the thread but could not find the relevant answer. I am planning to drive my Swift from Hyderabad to Chennai. I will get the NOC from Hyderabad and keep it.
1) What other precautions/ documents I must carry?
2) How long can I keep my Telangana registration number in Chennai?
SyncNest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2015, 14:13   #139
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to sell a car. The car is registered in Faridabad and the prospective buyers are in Gurgaon and Noida respectively.

The dealer in between is of the opinion that the title cannot be transferred to the new owner at their address since they are within 250 kilometres of the first registered address / RTO.

He says that the new owner should either register the vehicle within the same RTO
OR
at an RTO which is 250 kms away from the current RTO where the vehicle is presently registered.

I find this completely illogical.

Members here who have similar experience or factual information regarding the transfer of title are requested to share their knowledge on the subject.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 11:54   #140
Senior - BHPian

Is it worth buying a bike from the neighboring state? I was looking for a used CBR250R, and there is one available in Kerala - so riding the bike down to my home town is not going to be an issue - about 100 kms only. However, to get the bike re-registered at Tamil Nadu with all these forms and processes involved, I am trying to see if it makes sense.

Also, I would be paying about 1.3L for this purchase, so what would be the tax I would need to pay? 10% is what the TN RTO charges for a new vehicle I suppose.
aravind.anand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 18:16   #141
BHPian

Need some help with a dilemma I'm in currently.

I bought my bike 2 years ago (will complete 3 in March 2016) when I came to Pune, and it is a MH12 registration. However, now, last month, I've moved to PCMC and I know that the RTO is different here.

Can I change my address on my bike's RC to my new address using the same MH12 number or do i need to get it transferred to MH14?? Any help from people who have experience regarding this would be great.

Thanks!
asivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 18:21   #142
BHPian

You can simply transfer the address on the RC book. There is no need to change from MH 12 to mh 14. In fact you can keep driving with the old address as no one would bother you as it is the same state.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2015, 16:34   #143
BHPian

Default Transferring car from Bengaluru to Thane

Fellow BHPians, Greetings!

I really would appreciate your inputs on the below:

1. Just sealed a deal on a 20 year old but fairly rare and immaculate import SUV in Bengaluru.

2. The car was original Maharashtra registered (MH-05) and has LTT (Lifetime Tax) paid for in MH state.

3. The car then changed hands and was registered earlier this year (Feb-2015) to be precise in Karnataka (KA-03).

4. The present owner confirms that the MH state LTT has not been refunded. Additionally, all taxes for KA state are also paid up.

5. The RC for both states mentions LTT in the Tax Upto section on the RC.

6. I am a resident of Thane (MH-04) and will have to re-register the car in MH accordingly.

Now for my queries:

1. Considering that the present owner has not claimed a refund from MH state on the LTT, will i need to pay MH state tax on the car again during transfer of registration?

2. How complex is the process of completing the RTO formalities at Bengaluru to process the transfer of registration to MH state? RTO formalities at Thane MH-04 can be managed since i reside here, but i would be at a complete loss for the KA-03 nitty gritties!

3. Any recommendations for efficient RTO agent(s) at KA-03 and MH-04. I suppose expecting to manage the formalities at both RTOs from a single agent might be a bit too much?

I can respect that some of you may have suggestions that i should avoid buying the car considering the vehicle age, government bureaucracy and other such issues. However, my mind is pretty much made up with regards to the acquisition, so would really cherish your constructive opinions and inputs accordingly.

Many thanks in advance.

Request to moderators: not clear is this is the correct location to post this, please do feel free to relocate if not appropriate, cheers.

P.S - other details to be revealed once the pug comes home, watch this space now!
autobahner is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:06   #144
BHPian

Hello All,

I need some suggestions from this forum, I am planning to buy an auction vehicle and that will be registered in Punjab. I am want that to be transferred to UP ( Ghaziabad- UP 14), is that possible to do that ?

Secondly, some people told me that this is not possible, auction vehicle cannot be registered in different state and can be registered in the same state. Is this true ?

Can anyone guide me how to do that and what documents are required for transferring the registration to Uttar Pradesh.
Adesh.Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2015, 15:33   #145
BHPian

Forgive me if already discussed / out of topic.

My question is this - Can I buy a car from a dealer in another city (not union territory) within the same state and get the dealer to register it at my local RTO?

And if it's possible - is there any impact on the free service sessions?
vigvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2015, 23:08   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigvr View Post

Can I buy a car from a dealer in another city (not union territory) within the same state and get the dealer to register it at my local RTO?
For transferring the vehicles from another city within the state, you need to get CC ( Clearance Certificate) from the original RTO to your local RTO, apart from the usual transfer documents ( form 29/30).

If you are buying from a dealer I guess they would arrange this. Rest is the usual transfer procedure.

As for free Services, it shouldn't be a problem.
ShreyasM8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2016, 14:48   #147
BANNED

Finally able to shift my car registration from KA51 (Electronics City) to MH12 (Pune).

Unfortunately, managing time balance between work and family could not give me the courage to proceed on my own and hence help of a agent taken.

My 2 cent observations:
Getting things done by self in ECity RTO is pretty simple and no where near the horror of Jayanagar RTO (my bike is registered there).
Regarding Pune RTO, I would say proceed with your own only if you are a bachelor or have ample of time and petrol to spend.

Feel relieved after following the rule, how ridiculous and unethical they might be.
PetrolRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2016, 19:14   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Finally able to shift my car registration from KA51 (Electronics City) to MH12 (Pune).

Unfortunately, managing time balance between work and family could not give me the courage to proceed on my own and hence help of a agent taken.

My 2 cent observations:
Getting things done by self in ECity RTO is pretty simple and no where near the horror of Jayanagar RTO (my bike is registered there).
Regarding Pune RTO, I would say proceed with your own only if you are a bachelor or have ample of time and petrol to spend.

Feel relieved after following the rule, how ridiculous and unethical they might be.
Can you tell me if you've managed to apply for a refund of your road tax from bangalore? If so what is the procedure and how long does it take?
zombiedriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2017, 21:19   #149
BHPian

Guys, I'm in a bit of a bind.

I had given the papers to have my car transferred to my name in December at Gurgaon RTO and the agent at the time had asked for 2500 to do the job.

The job was done by January and the RC made in my name, but increased his "price" to 4200 claiming it cost him more than he had expected. I agreed at the time but had to travel for some time and couldn't get to collect the RC in January as I was out of town.

He's now claiming that it would cost 6000 to get my RC from him (he has collected it from the RTO) since it has been three weeks. Not sure what to do here.

What are my options at this point? I am meeting him tomorrow but I should stick to the price he quoted last month? It doesn't seem to make sense to me how it can cost him more money if I collect my RC a few weeks later.
Tanmay K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2017, 22:20   #150
Senior - BHPian

Tell either hand over the RC@ 2400 the initial price or he is welcome to keep the
RC. Go to the RTO directly and find out the procedure to secure a duplicate RC and apply for the same albeit directly. GGN & FBD RTOs are the cleanest and simplest of places to get vehicle's registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay K View Post
......What are my options at this point? I am meeting him tomorrow but I should stick to the price he quoted last month? It doesn't seem to make sense to me how it can cost him more money if I collect my RC a few weeks later.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote