Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 10th April 2017, 17:07   #151
BHPian

Default Re: Transfering a vehicle within India: Procedures

I am transferring to Bangalore. I am in the process of taking NOC for my vehicle from my native place. The NOC form has a column for mentioning the name of the RTO office of destination. What should I mention there, is mentioning "Bangalore" sufficient or should it mention exact RTO office in Bangalore. I checked and saw multiple RTO offices in Bangalore according to districts and as my place of residence is not yet finalized, I don't know which area I will stay in. Is taking an NOC for Bangalore okay?
Traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2017, 01:15   #152
VKS
BHPian

Default Transfering a vehicle within India: Procedures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I am transferring to Bangalore. I am in the process of taking NOC for my vehicle from my native place. Is taking an NOC for Bangalore okay?
No , when I moved to Pune I was asked for complete RTO address which was noted on the NOC document .

It is better to wait until you have an address.

It is a personal decision, but are you sure you want to move your vehicle . It's not an easy procedure.

Last edited by VKS : 11th April 2017 at 01:17.
VKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 09:57   #153
BHPian

I got an Urgent query from my colleague who got transferred from Bangalore to Kolkata. He is having a BS3 Maruti Wagon R having KA registration. Apparently state RTOs are refusing to register this vehicle under Kolkata RTO stating that its a BS3 and April 2017 onwards this is not possible. Does any body have classified information on this legal tangle? Is the RTO in Kolkata taking my friend for a ride hoping to make an extra buck?
gopa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 22:17   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I am transferring to Bangalore. I am in the process of taking NOC for my vehicle from my native place. The NOC form has a column for mentioning the name of the RTO office of destination. What should I mention there, is mentioning "Bangalore" sufficient or should it mention exact RTO office in Bangalore. I checked and saw multiple RTO offices in Bangalore according to districts and as my place of residence is not yet finalized, I don't know which area I will stay in. Is taking an NOC for Bangalore okay?
Just take NOC in the name of RTO Bengaluru and later you can register your vehicle in the RTO of your residence zone. FYI, I transferred my car from UP14 by taking NOC in name of RTO Bengaluru, successfully registered and then got KA53 number also. I performed all RTO processes without single paise as bribe and RTO officials at KA53 were helpful if you have all documents as per their checklist. It took One visit to understand there document requirement and second for document submission.

Last edited by aeroamit : 23rd April 2017 at 22:21. Reason: Adding more information
aeroamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2017, 23:46   #155
BHPian

Hi - an urgent query. I am moving from Hyderabad to Bangalore and in the online RTA form, mentioned the new registering authority as RTO Karnataka as I didn't know the area in which I have to register the car. The NOC too has this mentioned now. Will this pose a problem while registering the car in Bangalore?
Agarwaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017, 08:29   #156
BHPian

Folks,
Urgent help needed...

Background: 2013 Ford Fiesta Classic TN 19 registration vehicle is now having an NOC from TN19 RTO and moved to Hyderabad.

Vehicle bought as a Second hand through 'Company used car auctions' for INR 4.75 lakhs recently.

Issue: RTO in Hyd (Uppal) is insisting to pay 10% of Actual price ( INR 6.85 lakhs when first bought from the company in 2013) as Tax.

Help needed:
Is this the correct % / procedure for calculating the RTO Tax in Telengana?
Any reference for brokers at Uppal RTO is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Maverick79.
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 14:14   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Folks,
Urgent help needed...

Background: 2013 Ford Fiesta Classic TN 19 registration vehicle is now having an NOC from TN19 RTO and moved to Hyderabad.

Vehicle bought as a Second hand through 'Company used car auctions' for INR 4.75 lakhs recently.

Issue: RTO in Hyd (Uppal) is insisting to pay 10% of Actual price ( INR 6.85 lakhs when first bought from the company in 2013) as Tax.

Help needed:
Is this the correct % / procedure for calculating the RTO Tax in Telengana?
Any reference for brokers at Uppal RTO is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Maverick79.

The road tax is on the ex showroom price. As time progresses it becomes pro-rata

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2017, 12:18   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
The road tax is on the ex showroom price. As time progresses it becomes pro-rata

Pramod
So how much should it be pair Pramod.. Any idea?
Seems they are charging 10%.

Also, they mention that the earlier RTO has to concur the NOC back post applying at New RTO. Is there any such rule?

Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Maverick79
Old 17th July 2017, 14:47   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So how much should it be pair Pramod.. Any idea?
Seems they are charging 10%.
There are different slabs, use an agent.

Quote:
Also, they mention that the earlier RTO has to concur the NOC back post applying at New RTO. Is there any such rule?

Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Maverick79
That's an internal issue, this is the process though, you need not worry about this.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2017, 13:33   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post

That's an internal issue, this is the process though, you need not worry about this.

Pramod
True. Received the two days before R.C. But with old TN no.
My relation was asked to apply after 2 months online for a new TS no.

Thanks for the info anyways.

Regards,
Maverick79
Old 28th July 2017, 14:05   #161
BHPian

I am trying to sell an 8 year old SX4 which has a Punjab number in Pune. A dealer mentioned that the tax is 11% of the invoice value and not current value! That doesn't sound right to me. Am I being taken for a ride here?
Also, if you don't use an NOC for more than an year, do you have to get it cancelled or is it deemed to be automatically cancelled? There was also talk of penalty charges @INR200 per month or something if you take an NOC and don't register in 30 days. Any advice will be appreciated.
pickdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2017, 14:21   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickdj View Post
I am trying to sell an 8 year old SX4 which has a Punjab number in Pune. A dealer mentioned that the tax is 11% of the invoice value and not current value! That doesn't sound right to me. Am I being taken for a ride here?
Also, if you don't use an NOC for more than an year, do you have to get it cancelled or is it deemed to be automatically cancelled? There was also talk of penalty charges @INR200 per month or something if you take an NOC and don't register in 30 days. Any advice will be appreciated.
1. Tax is calculated on the invoice value and not on the depreciated value.
2. Once NOC is taken, you have to use it at the destination RTO or get a Not Used NOC certificate from the destination RTO to go back. It will not get cancelled automatically.
3. NOC is valid only for the month in which it was taken. Subsequently, they will post a penalty charge month on month.

Suggestion : Take a Not used NOC certificate and go back to PB and sell it.
Also, you can try Cars24.com route.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2017, 14:44   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
2. Once NOC is taken, you have to use it at the destination RTO or get a Not Used NOC certificate from the destination RTO to go back. It will not get cancelled automatically.
3. NOC is valid only for the month in which it was taken. Subsequently, they will post a penalty charge month on month.

Suggestion : Take a Not used NOC certificate and go back to PB and sell it.
Also, you can try Cars24.com route.
Very true. I spent enough sleep less nights when the person I sold my vehicle sold to the third owner, who turned out to be an alcoholic.
I spent about 18 K in total to get rid of everything from my name( Including a visit to Pune from Chennai).

One more info - For getting an Not used NOC, you need to get a clearance from the Police dept before going to RTO in the state where you didn't use the NOC.
Maverick79 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2017, 19:39   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I have transferred my car from Chandigarh to Himachal and the tax was calculated at the depreciated value. They just asked for the value the car was insured for and calculated tax on that value.
rdst_1 is online now   Reply With Quote