Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 16th June 2010, 15:40   #271
BHPian

Hindu wheels section also covered the proposed line up coming soon.
Pajero sports diesel
Evo at about 40 lakhs range
New lancer in the looks of Evo at about 14 lakhs range
7 seater montero
Old 16th June 2010, 15:46   #272
BHPian

Default EVO X comingto india this july

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Today Hindu also carried an article on the car. Says that it is going to be launched for sure. But the price factor was quoted as around 40-50 lacs.
The final news from zigwheels is that the EVO X will be the EVO 10 version(and not the 8 as reported earlier ) and it is to be priced around 30 Lakhs .

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X to be launched in July - News - Zigwheels
Old 16th June 2010, 17:43   #273
Senior - BHPian

Yes I read the 'Hindu' article, 40-50 Lacs is way too much. People may prefer new Lancer instead of Evo. Love to see Evo on India roads, enthusiast's delight.
Old 16th June 2010, 17:58   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, if the release is going to be in July hope the car arrives in showrooms sooner. Will be worth taking a look.
Old 16th June 2010, 18:28   #275
BHPian

Thumbs up

No idea about the release date. But Overdrive is showcasing the EVO X in the next Overdrive show..
Apparently Overdrive got hold of an Evo X and they have ripped it around the Kari Motor Speedway. Here's a preview video of the Overdrive show.

Old 16th June 2010, 19:51   #276
BANNED

Autocar is also going to review the evo in its next show i think its tomorrow at 1030pm
Old 16th June 2010, 20:05   #277
BHPian

Mitsubishi is gearing up for the launch of the Lancer Evo X in the second week of July 2010.Exclusive spy pictures of the car at the Madras Motor Sports Track (MMST) courtesy of Ujwal Reddy and Ansul Singhi.

The Lancer Evo has been expected in India for quite sometime and thankfully Mitsubishi taken a step to please the car enthusiasts in India. The Lancer Evo X is every boy-racer’s dream car. The car look absolutely mean with its chiseled front end and the gaping opening. The sporty tail lamp and the huge rear spoiler make sure that the Evo X isn’t mistaken for ‘just-another’ saloon.

This car looks like an average premium sedan and does a nice job of hiding its real character, a beast powered by a 2.0l inline 4 cylinder engine pumping out over a 290 horses. The black-powdered finish 14-spoke alloy 18″ BBS alloy wheels add to the stunning looks of the car. There are the solid paddle-shifts which help the driver get the best out of the 6-speed Twin Clutch SST transmission.

The car’s interiors look extremely well made with a high quality of fit and finish. The interior reeks of sportiness. The pitch black interiors along with the piano black inserts looks fantastic. The three-spoke steering wheel with aluminum touches looks chunky and tempting. The sporty Recaro seats in the Lancer Evo are extremely supportive. The car comes with the brilliant Rockford Fosgate music system with a sub-woofer.

The car would be be priced at more than Rs. 40 lakhs.

Source: http://***************.com/2010/06/s...#ixzz0r1f75NKv

Images courtesy : indianautosblog.com
Attached Images

Last edited by GTO : 22nd June 2010 at 20:50. Reason: Adding credit
Old 16th June 2010, 23:14   #278
Senior - BHPian

Evo X looks mind-blowing. But it is pricey. Mitsu has to do fierce advertising as Mitsubishi is less known then even Renault Logan in India.

290 BHP? Awesome. I hope they sell new Lancer alongside Evo with half the BHP, 150, for 14 lakhs. At this price, new Lancer will sell reasonably well. Those who find Evo beyond budget wouldn't mind settling for a lookalike. It will sell under the shadow of Evo just as Yamaha R15 did under the shadow of R1.
Old 17th June 2010, 13:18   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Mitsubishi is gearing up for the launch of the Lancer Evo X in the second week of July 2010.Exclusive spy pictures of the car at the Madras Motor Sports Track (MMST) courtesy of Ujwal Reddy and Ansul Singhi.

The Lancer Evo has been expected in India for quite sometime and thankfully Mitsubishi taken a step to please the car enthusiasts in India. The Lancer Evo X is every boy-racer’s dream car. The car look absolutely mean with its chiseled front end and the gaping opening. The sporty tail lamp and the huge rear spoiler make sure that the Evo X isn’t mistaken for ‘just-another’ saloon.

This car looks like an average premium sedan and does a nice job of hiding its real character, a beast powered by a 2.0l inline 4 cylinder engine pumping out over a 290 horses. The black-powdered finish 14-spoke alloy 18″ BBS alloy wheels add to the stunning looks of the car. There are the solid paddle-shifts which help the driver get the best out of the 6-speed Twin Clutch SST transmission.

The car’s interiors look extremely well made with a high quality of fit and finish. The interior reeks of sportiness. The pitch black interiors along with the piano black inserts looks fantastic. The three-spoke steering wheel with aluminum touches looks chunky and tempting. The sporty Recaro seats in the Lancer Evo are extremely supportive. The car comes with the brilliant Rockford Fosgate music system with a sub-woofer.

The car would be be priced at more than Rs. 40 lakhs.

Source: http://***************.com/2010/06/s...#ixzz0r1f75NKv

Images courtesy : www.***************.com & www.******************.com
Awesome pictures fz_rider. The car looks as good as one could have dreamt of, especially the interiors aren't as bad the West has blasted. Meant to do the job... i.e. busting the egos of sporty luxury sedans (in the price range) on any road. But, I feel the market for this car may be limited because of the purely sporty character (sans the luxuries offered by the other cars in the price range).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Evo X looks mind-blowing. But it is pricey. Mitsu has to do fierce advertising as Mitsubishi is less known then even Renault Logan in India.

290 BHP? Awesome. I hope they sell new Lancer alongside Evo with half the BHP, 150, for 14 lakhs. At this price, new Lancer will sell reasonably well. Those who find Evo beyond budget wouldn't mind settling for a lookalike. It will sell under the shadow of Evo just as Yamaha R15 did under the shadow of R1.
I do not think Mitsu is lesser known or popular as compared to Renault. When Lancer was launched in the 1990's it was a bigger hit than the Honda City. BUt, then HM A.S.S. took over & ruined everything.

Regarding the new Lancer, it is surely on the anvil. But, the EvoX will precede it. Keep your cheque book ready if you wish to own one.
Old 17th June 2010, 14:40   #280
Senior - BHPian

I literally fall off the chair after reading this zigwheels article. Why? Just look at the style of English.

Quote:
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X model will soon be seen on Indian roads. Mitsubishi has decided to sell the car in Indian market and so has associated with Hindustan Motors. The car will be launched in India in the month of July this year under the moniker Evo 10.
It is expected that presently the company will aim at selling 100 numbers of cars in India. The car will be simply imported from here. The company has no plan of immediately manufacturing or assembling it in India. The approximate price for the car will be around 30 lakhs.
The car has a luxurious capacity for 5 persons. It has 4 doors. The car runs on 2 L Turbocharged Incline -4 engine. Its fuel injector is made of stainless steel. It has a wonderful feature of producing 403 bhp and 387 lb ft of torque at 3500 rpm.
The car is extremely smooth on road as claimed by Mitsubishi. It is a fully loaded model and has been featured in such a way that it will definitely attract the customers.
This car equally prioritizes its machinery parts and the aesthetic look and is expected that soon its demand will go up in India.
Old 17th June 2010, 14:47   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
I literally fall off the chair after reading this zigwheels article. Why? Just look at the style of English.
TOI seems to have copied my little son's essay on the EVO X he had written during his summer vacation!!
Old 17th June 2010, 14:47   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Text too imported from Jap, I reckon
Old 17th June 2010, 15:33   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Reminds me of
The cow is a domestic animal. The cow has 4 legs. It eats grass and gives milk.....
Old 17th June 2010, 16:12   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car runs on 2 L Turbocharged Incline -4 engine.
What is this 'Incline -4 engine'? or is it Inline 4?

Quote:
Reminds me of
The cow is a domestic animal. The cow has 4 legs. It eats grass and gives milk.....
Good old days
Old 17th June 2010, 22:45   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nearly made me puke! Why does Times of India even bother to have Zigwheels if they cannot put out even a half decent bit of writing. That is the worst piece of writing about a car I have read in the recent past. Smooth on the road, stainless steel!
Closed Thread